Author Topic: SEND ME TO FLORIDA  (Read 10343 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SEND ME TO FLORIDA
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »
Where is the Sembler mansion, Sammie? I used to live in Treasure Island, on the Isle of Capri, where my mother still has a house.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline sammiegirl

• View Profile
SEND ME TO FLORIDA
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »
Its not a Mansion and since I dont want my address posted Ill have to conceed the request but I will say that you can find the address in public records and that it isnt hard to find....
After you pay the Toll and pass the GATES OF HELL on Tierra Verdi go approx 1 1/2 miles make a left and follow past the big apt condo on your left look for a park accross from the yaght club then look to its left you'll see a hirred security officer in front of a house.
THATS IT! The SEMBLER HOUSE
ND THE TRUTH WILL SET US FREE

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SEND ME TO FLORIDA
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2005, 03:12:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SEND ME TO FLORIDA
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2005, 03:17:00 PM »
On 2005-12-28 12:10:00, sammiegirl wrote:

After you pay the Toll and pass the GATES OF HELL on Tierra Verdi

Treasure Island.  The gates of hell would be the gates around Mel's house, not necessarily T.I.  I know quite a few great people who live there and despise the fact that they've got a complete fucking moronic asshole for a neighbor.

Offline sammiegirl

• View Profile
SEND ME TO FLORIDA
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2005, 03:24:00 PM »
Ok sorry thank you for the correction. I apologise to the people of T V My bad

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SEND ME TO FLORIDA
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2005, 03:32:00 PM »
Thanks, Sammie. I wasn't looking for an exact address. I think I know where you're talking about, though. I find it ironic that I once shared an island with a man directly (and not inadvertently) responsible for the abuse that I endured in adolescence. Had I known of him then, he might not be walking the planet now.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SEND ME TO FLORIDA
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2005, 03:33:00 PM »
Plug his name into the Pinellas Co. site listed above.  You'll get his address, then copy it to Mapquest.  You'll see exactly where he lives.

Offline fedelta_a_verita

• View Profile
SEND ME TO FLORIDA
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2005, 03:42:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: fedelta_a_verita on 2006-01-03 07:47 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SEND ME TO FLORIDA
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2005, 03:43:00 PM »
Ah, surveillance technology. And only a breezy little stroll from where I used to live, STRAIGHT as the pelican flies.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SEND ME TO FLORIDA
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2005, 03:59:00 PM »
On 2005-12-28 12:42:00, fedelta_a_verita wrote:

"Carmel, I see your point, however that point was not the object of the original post which was a response to an invitation for my thoughts on a specific subject matter and since your point is vastly more interesting than the previous, psychotic rantings I will stick to that.

Again, no condescention there.  Nope, none at all.

Most of us ? speaking of those whom were incarcerated within the program, wherever that may have been located ? were angry and bitter before we ever stepped foot inside the building.

I think you'd better stick to speaking for yourself.  Why would you assume to speak for 'most' of 'us'.  Please don't.

I won?t say that was the case of every single person, anymore than we could state unequivocally that every person there had a ?drug problem?.

Well good b/c as it turns out it appears that most of us did NOT have a drug problem and were dropped off to be 'fixed' by the Great and Powerful Oz.

Many of us, obviously, retain our anger and bitterness, and to what end? Where has that anger gotten us?

As has been stated before this isn't just about us anymore.  It's still going on today.  Mel is still bragging about his "12,000 successful graduates" AND seems to have a great deal of influence over public policy. Funny how he leaves out the part about all of the Straights being shut down for various forms of abuse and/or fraud or to avoid abuse charges.  
 http://www.sembler.com/MelSembler.php     Although best known as a leading shopping center developer, Sembler is also renowned for his activism in the anti-drug movement. In 1976, Sembler and his wife Betty founded STRAIGHT, an adolescent drug treatment program. During its 17 years of existence, STRAIGHT successfully graduated more than 12,000 young people nationwide from its remarkable program. He is nationally recognized as an activist in the anti-drug campaign and as a staunch, long-time supporter of the Republican Party and its candidates.

So, as to a having a rational attitude I will only say that nothing worthy is ever accomplished through thoughtlessness, or rashness, nor are obsessive anger and bitterness the attributes of a healthy personality.

This doesn't seem thoughtless or rash.   Looks like an informed person trying to make a difference in a world that just doesn't want to hear anything negative of their beloved leaders.

I would like to know whom you hold responsible for  your incarceration? I speak of the Semblers because as one of the original inmates I knew him and I knew Helen what?s her face as well, never heard of Miller till I came here, though he was after my time. But ultimately I hold my mother responsible first and foremost, after that I will have to take some of the blame, not all of it as there was some extremely poor parenting being practiced upon me at that time and for a decade prior my parent(s) were non-existent. Not only were they ?not there for me? they were not there at all. It was their job to assure that I turned out a solid productive citizen instead of the out of control monster they were unleashing upon society, and they failed. I hold no ill will toward any of the Semblers, ultimately our parents signed each one of us in there, not the Semblers, and it is the parents whom are responsible, or the ?criminals? as you say. I do not hate my mother, or father, for their lack of parenting or betrayal, it would be wasted emotion, but we will never have the kind of relationship normal people enjoy.

I blame my parents for the same reasons as you.  I also blame the Semblers, Newton, Petermann and the rest of the sick fucks that perpetrated these crimes upon us.  Yes, crimes.  I also blame the Semblers for refusing to acknowledge their responsibility in the abuse of countless children.

Inroads that I have made? More than I think I realize probably, but not the kind you are seeking, I will never be seen marching or holding a ?vigil?. I am directly responsible for a single male child, who is being raised with the kind of love, respect and attention I certainly never enjoyed and if I am allowed to live until his adulthood can guarantee that he will not wind up anywhere but in college. I also belong to the PTA, SAC and coach every youth sport seemingly known to man for the last four years and have always adhered to my principles and have personally impacted more than two hundred youth in that time, although to what degree only time and God will tell.

Great.  You're doing your part for humantiy and so are we.  I don't see what you have such a problem with.

As for this not being about us anymore I would agree with that and that is why I take the responsibility to volunteer to my community in whatever way I can, not necessarily with an eye towards keeping kids out of straight but if that is a by-product of my work then so be it. Again, ultimately it is the parents duty to parent, not the peers, not the TV, not the schools ? the mother and father must do their jobs, if they fail it is their blame.

We see part of our responsibility as informing parents of the abuses that conintue to take place at these programs.  Again, I fail to see what you can find wrong with that.
<

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
SEND ME TO FLORIDA
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »
I am glad that you are satisfied with where you stand on the issue.  However, as I keep mentioning repeatedly: This abuse is still going on, not to us, but to other children.  I take issue with that, and I take issue with the idea that the perpetrators involved in that past are still involved in this present meteing out of abuse.  

Who I hold responsible for my time in the program is irrelevent.  What IS relevent is that my experience there is testament to what is still an unacceptable form of "treatment".  STILL unacceptable.  I have a family and a son and a life as well, I contribute to good citizenry like the rest.....but THIS is something I know about, being abused in treatment, THIS is something I have the opportunity to make a difference in and coaching little leauge just ISNT going to cut it when it comes to THIS.

I know this isnt the "original posting point", But it is the general idea behind the protest of Sembler and the like, no matter where your coming from.  

[ This Message was edited by: Carmel on 2005-12-28 13:36 ]
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SEND ME TO FLORIDA
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »
Personally, I'd rather focus on abusive treatment facilities that are still in operation. These are the places that need survivors at their property boundaries--much more than Mel or Virgil. Not that they shouldn't pay for their crimes, but currently too many kids are suffering the same hell that all of us know intimately.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SEND ME TO FLORIDA
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2005, 05:02:00 PM »
On 2005-12-28 13:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Personally, I'd rather focus on abusive treatment facilities that are still in operation. These are the places that need survivors at their property boundaries--much more than Mel or Virgil. Not that they shouldn't pay for their crimes, but currently too many kids are suffering the same hell that all of us know intimately.    "

In order to stop cancer from killing you you first need to remove the tumor.
In order to stop the spread of abuse you must first STOP THE ORIGIN. IMO SEED/STRAIGHT started this think there fore we must stop it, through all means legal.
PS MEL IS NOW SAYING HE DIDNT KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON.
Should he just be left alone. NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO FUCKING WAY MEL AND MILLER SHOULD ROT IN HELL AND BE MISERABLE TIL THEY ADMIT THEIR WRONGS
APPLY THE RULES THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I SAY WE ALL GO DOWN THERE AND IF PEOPLE ASK WHY THEN TELL THEM THIS CANCEROUS ABUSE STARTED HERE AND SHOULD END HERE.
TELL THE TRUTH MEL!!!!

Offline sammiegirl

• View Profile
SEND ME TO FLORIDA
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »
See you in florida.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SEND ME TO FLORIDA
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2005, 05:23:00 PM »
And what good will it do the kids that are rotting on blue chairs RIGHT NOW? Besides, there's always someone waiting to step into the shoes of a dethroned kingpin of torture. Going back a few years, your logic would have served drug policy institutes with the belief that they could eliminate America's cocaine problem by taking out Pablo Escobar.