Author Topic: Without hate  (Read 18125 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Without hate
« on: December 23, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »
I think you'll find that 95% of LIFE participants do NOT harbor hate and rage from their experience there.  A few of the other 5% post on this site.  Heck, I ran into an old LIFER at the store just today who stopped me, hugged me and laughed about "those days", and all the people we know and have kept in touch with.
  I'm so glad that was my experience (shared with many) there. Many GOOD memories.
  One from this time of year would be Christmas caroling with all the 6 phasers and 7 Steppers.  That was a HOOT.  We'd all go eat at Wendy's first (like 30 to 40 of us), and then go to a neighborhood and SING, with candles, dressed for winter.  The people would ask as we walked away "are you with a church?", and we'd laugh and reply "no, a drug rehab".  One family called the NEWS to come film us.  Loved it.
  Merry Christmas all.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TimeBomb

• View Profile
Without hate
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 11:06:00 PM »
On 2005-12-23 14:21:00, Anonymous wrote:

"  I think you'll find that 95% of LIFE participants do NOT harbor hate and rage from their experience there.  A few of the other 5% post on this site.  Heck, I ran into an old LIFER at the store just today who stopped me, hugged me and laughed about "those days", and all the people we know and have kept in touch with.

I'm so glad that was my experience (shared with many) there. Many GOOD memories.

One from this time of year would be Christmas caroling with all the 6 phasers and 7 Steppers.  That was a HOOT.  We'd all go eat at Wendy's first (like 30 to 40 of us), and then go to a neighborhood and SING, with candles, dressed for winter.  The people would ask as we walked away "are you with a church?", and we'd laugh and reply "no, a drug rehab".  One family called the NEWS to come film us.  Loved it.

Merry Christmas all."

I wasn't there during Christmas, but the cold weather does bring back some memories.

I really enjoyed the way they always opened up the windows in the rap room and turned on the ceiling fans on those cold days. The fact that you couldn't wear a jacket really made it so much more pleasant.

And being constipated for the first few weeks sure added to the effect. The feeling of togetherness -- while sitting on the toilet and being watched. Yeah, those were the good old days.

Oh, how I miss them.
ick, tick.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Without hate
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 11:49:00 PM »

The people would ask as we walked away "are you with a church?", and we'd laugh and reply "no, a different cult entirely. Just wait! We're gonna take over the world!"

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

All religions bear traces of the fact that they arose during the intellectual immaturity of the human race - before it had learned the obligations to speak the truth. Not one of them makes it the duty of its God to be truthful and understandable in his communications.
--Freidrich Nietzsche, German philosopher

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Napolean Bonafart

• View Profile
    • http://electriclarryland.spaces.live.com/lists/
Without hate
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 12:38:00 AM »
I don't hate Petermann for what she did to me way back then anymore either. It was just a medical problem she'll never understand. Matter of fact being involved with a self-disclosure group like that.......Made me wise to others  who ask me private questions. They'll never get it right. So I try to not talk.

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naive and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.

--H.L. Mencken

quot;Thank you peanut gallery\"

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
Without hate
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 07:43:00 AM »

"  I think you'll find that 95% of LIFE participants do NOT harbor hate and rage from their experience there.  A few of the other 5% post on this site.  

What is this "hate and rage" thing? You think anyone who has an opinion that doesn't jibe with yours is full of hate and rage?  Boy, you really DO apply your program, dontcha?  

Do you know these percentages for a fact, or is it just that you're doing a headcount of Fornits usernames versus how many people show up to your cult - I mean - caroling events?  That's hardly an accurate statistical method.  

I personally know of five people off the top of my head who are neither on Fornits, and very much doubt they're singing next to you today either.  Wow.. what's it been... twenty some odd years, and you people are still playing "Lets have a song"?

Quite amusing.  

Heck, I ran into an old LIFER at the store just today who stopped me, hugged me and laughed about "those days", and all the people we know and have kept in touch with.

Merry Christmas all."

I can relate! :grin:

I remember years ago I was at this party, and this guy there looked really familiar.  Long story short we kept this "Don't I know you from somewhere..." thing going all night long.

After a few beers he stepped out to have a toke with some others who indulged, and came back in. I think it was simultaneous at that moment - we both pointed at each other yelled out loud, "OH...MY... GOD"

He said "I never saw  you with makeup!", I said "Jesus, D. weren't you on Staff?"

Talk about a good laugh.  Then he introduced me to three other 7th steppers from before my time.  It was a little surreal sharing a glass of wine with these folks (was a little strange making out with D - but DAMN he was a good kisser.. but I digress), but it certainly beat KoolAid.  I think it was a 1988 Cabernet.

Merry Christmas you guys... wherever you may be.

I do not consider it an insult, but rather a compliment, to be called an agnostic. I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure.
--Clarence Darrow, American lawyer

uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline TimeBomb

• View Profile
Without hate
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005, 01:01:00 PM »
ick, tick.

• View Profile
Without hate
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005, 11:15:00 PM »
... The people would ask as we walked away "are you with a church?", and we'd laugh and reply "no, a drug rehab".  

This is interesting.  I was told by a certain staff member that LIFE was thought of as a "drug rehab" but actually focused on self-esteem, decision making and communication issues.  

Can you explain why this staffer would downplay the "drug rehab" part?

I'm being serious, and I'm not bashing.  Can we for once have an intelligent discussion in this thread?

If we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them but to inform their discretion by education

--Thomas Jefferson

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Without hate
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2005, 10:00:00 AM »
yes, I suppose that's true.  It was titled a drug rehab but really the stuff discussed mostly in raps and groups were emotions, self esteem type things.  Drugs weren't the focus.

• View Profile
Without hate
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2005, 08:31:00 PM »
On 2005-12-25 07:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"yes, I suppose that's true.  It was titled a drug rehab but really the stuff discussed mostly in raps and groups were emotions, self esteem type things.  Drugs weren't the focus."

So why is it the "Drug list" was a focus?  Why were we asked weekly to update our "drug lists" and report "stashes" before open meetings?  Why were we confronted on issues that might have involved drugs (vaguely)... like music, clothing, bedroom color schemes...etc? Why where things such as memories, friends, images, etc., prefaced with "druggie"??

If "Drug Rehab" was such a secondary focus, then why wasn't your first answer to "Are you from a church" - "No, we're from an emotional growth / self esteem / feel-good-because-we're-not -abusing-our-parents-anymore "school""??

Why is that?

If you believe that people cannot be trusted to govern themselves,
then can they be trusted to govern others?

--Thomas Jefferson

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Without hate
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2005, 10:45:00 PM »
On 2005-12-25 17:31:00, Helena Handbasket wrote:

"

On 2005-12-25 07:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"yes, I suppose that's true.  It was titled a drug rehab but really the stuff discussed mostly in raps and groups were emotions, self esteem type things.  Drugs weren't the focus."

So why is it the "Drug list" was a focus?  Why were we asked weekly to update our "drug lists" and report "stashes" before open meetings?  Why were we confronted on issues that might have involved drugs (vaguely)... like music, clothing, bedroom color schemes...etc? Why where things such as memories, friends, images, etc., prefaced with "druggie"??

If "Drug Rehab" was such a secondary focus, then why wasn't your first answer to "Are you from a church" - "No, we're from an emotional growth / self esteem / feel-good-because-we're-not -abusing-our-parents-anymore "school""??

Why is that?

If you believe that people cannot be trusted to govern themselves,
then can they be trusted to govern others?

--Thomas Jefferson

"

lol   shit girl, lighten up.  you sound a little crazed.  yes, drugs were discussed and that program was listed as a drug rehab, but people don't typically use drugs when life is good and they're happy and content.  it's a bi-product of lousy decisions, loneliness, self doubt, etc.   think the point was to get to why people used. no brainer.  no big whoop.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Without hate
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2005, 11:45:00 PM »
On 2005-12-25 19:45:00, Anonymous wrote:

lol   shit girl, lighten up.  you sound a little crazed.  

No, not crazed at all.

yes, drugs were discussed and that program was listed as a drug rehab, but people don't typically use drugs when life is good and they're happy and content.  it's a bi-product of lousy decisions, loneliness, self doubt, etc.  

No? Then why are drugs such a pervasive part of celebration all over the world and down through history?

think the point was to get to why people used. no brainer.  no big whoop. "

Really? I think the point was to make a disease for which only Helen Peterman and George Ross had the cure out of nothing, then get rich stroking their own egos about how they were saving these worthless others. Same as any other hysterical, delusional self appointed gurus.

Gee, I wonder if, in all those years, Helen and George might have had a li'll thang going. Ever wonder about that?

Any priest or shaman must be presumed guilty until proven innocent.
--Robert A. Heinlen, American science-ficiton author

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Without hate
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2005, 11:47:00 PM »
On 2005-12-25 20:45:00, Antigen wrote:

Any priest or shaman must be presumed guilty until proven innocent.
--Robert A. Heinlen, American science-ficiton author

Aw, come on! Tell me you didn't pick that one!  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Without hate
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »
Anyone who thinks old Pete got rich from her days at LIFE needs to go back to a basic math class.

As for her and Ross having a fling?  WHO gives a shit if they did or didn't?! Go back to your soap operas Ginger.  It's really not something I've pondered in life.

• View Profile
Without hate
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2005, 11:41:00 AM »

lol   shit girl, lighten up.  you sound a little crazed.

First off, I'm not "crazed" - I just wanted to discuss the discrepancy.  It's called debate.  The politicians you voted for do the same thing.  

yes, drugs were discussed and that program was listed as a drug rehab, but people don't typically use drugs when life is good and they're happy and content.  it's a bi-product of lousy decisions, loneliness, self doubt, etc.   think the point was to get to why people used. no brainer.  no big whoop. "

Well I know that's what you were taught to believe in the program, but the fact is that a percentage people simply like the sensation of their drug of choice.

We were also taught that any use of a legal drug constituted "Druggie-ness", even if you sipped champagne at the family dinner table on special occasions.  Don't you think that's a little over the top?

Ya gotta wonder about the self-esteem boosting practice of calling someone FOS because they hadn't done drugs, followed by the group of teenage experts engaging in ridiculing and belitting so they can get at "the truth".

And what about the kids that "used" because the parents were the problem?  What kind of marathon grilling did bad parents get when they were full of shit?

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
--Unanimous

• View Profile
Without hate
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2005, 12:01:00 PM »
On 2005-12-26 08:19:00, Anonymous wrote:

" Anyone who thinks old Pete got rich from her days at LIFE needs to go back to a basic math class.

My stay was around 3K a month, and the fees were based on income.

Now, knowing I lived in an apartment really close to Newtown (For the uninitiated, this is the "Low Rent" district of Sarasota) with a single parent, It follows that some may have paid more than that.

So lets assume we got 100 kids

33 pay 1000 who are dirt poor (I never saw these types, judging from the 20 foot ceilings of most of the host homes, but we'll assume they existed.)   $33,000 per month for LIFE

34 Pay 3000 who are middle class schleps living in the run down areas so they can save money to give their children such a fine opportunity to participate in LIFE.  $102,000 for LIFE

33 Pay 5000 - These are the people with the huge houses with the high tech security systems, and the extended seating van that they just purchased in addition to their two Mercedes - for the occasion of becoming "Program Parents.
$165,000 for LIFE.

Can anyone here add three positive integers together and tell me how much that program was bringing in on a monthly basis, and where all the money went?

As for her and Ross having a fling?  WHO gives a shit if they did or didn't?! Go back to your soap operas Ginger.  It's really not something I've pondered in life."

I've never pondered this either.  But in all the stuff I've read about Ross and Petermann, I never once read where Ross was blind! :grin:

[Religion is] the daughter of hope and fear, explaining to ignorance the nature of the unknowable.
--Ambrose Bierce