Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Hyde Schools

Hyde School, The Most Truthful Informative Post I have Seen

<< < (2/52) > >>

Anonymous:

--- Quote ---On 2005-12-18 14:57:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
--- Quote ---
On 2005-12-18 14:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Oh plleeeeaaaase, you people are soooo dramatic.Find someone else to blame, its annoying. Hyde was a good school when I was there, a little tough, but hey what the fuck? We werent exactly angels to get sent there in the first place now, where we...So shut up already, wipe your tears :scared:  :lol: "

--- End quote ---

I am a parent who is interested in Hyde.  If you are a typical example of the kind of graduate who comes out of Hyde (with a cynical, judgmental attitude, etc.) you've done me a great favor.  This is not the kind of environment I want for my child.  I am much more likely to listen to the people on this website who who have described their bad experiences at Hyde in a mature and respectful way.

At this point it's hard for me to imagine sending my child to Hyde."

--- End quote ---
Its so ironic that all these "potential parents" come on this board looking for help..I know for a fact that its the anti-Hyde assholes who are acting as if they are prospective parens to make it seem to the rest that they are actually discouraging people away, and being succesful..Please people, you guys are so gay..

Anonymous:

--- Quote ---On 2005-12-18 14:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Oh plleeeeaaaase, you people are soooo dramatic.Find someone else to blame, its annoying. Hyde was a good school when I was there, a little tough, but hey what the fuck? We werent exactly angels to get sent there in the first place now, where we...So shut up already, wipe your tears :scared:  :lol: "

--- End quote ---

You are making blanket statements that do not address any of the concerns and complaints that are listed in the original post.

You use the word, "dramatic."  Hey, if telling the truth about something that happened to you at Hyde comes across to you as "dramatic" that is your problem!

Your other comment, "We weren't exactly angels to get sent there in the first place."  Maybe this is your story, but it isn't for many others.  I did not "SEND" my daughter there because she was bad.  I ENROLLED her because I was told it was a great school for kids who are not motivated in school! This was not the case.  I was LIED to and it affected her life in a very negative way!!  You can't make up 2 wasted years of a teens life!

And NO, I won't "shut up already" because it is important for potential parents to see both sides of the picture so they can make the right choice for their kids.

And by the way, if you learned how to speak at Hyde with your foul language it only validates what everyone is saying on this board!

Anonymous:
Well said!  I am having trouble understanding how some of what you guys are saying could actually happen at a school.  Isn't there anyone who oversees these boarding schools and aren't there regulations as to what they can do and not do?

A couple of questions I have is;

1.  How can kids go on this "2/4" for days or weeks at a time.  In my state you can't miss school for that length of time.  How do these kids make up the work they miss while on 2/4?  Isn't this kind of counter productive?  Also, aren't there laws about keeping kids out of school in Ct or Maine?

2. I've never heard of a school being a "non profit unless it is run by the govt or is strictly a program for some type of troubled or disabled youth."  How is Hyde classified as a non profit if it is a normal school charging A LOT of $$$ and this family The Gauld's own all this property in two states and make the kind of money they do?

3.  How is it possible to pass out meds to kids without some kind of Doctor on staff?  What if a child has a bad reaction or needs emergency care right away?

I don't mean to sound dumb by all these questions, but it seems to me that there is a whole lot wrong with the way this school operates.  Maybe someone with the school has the answers to these questions.

Anonymous:
Don't be misled by these posts!!!  Hyde has it's flaws, but the school are run very well.  If you look into that happens at ANY boarding school, there are some of the same concerns.  Half the senior class was kicked out of a pretigeous boarding school in CT last year for drinking and sex, a friend who is Dean of Students at one of the nation's oldest and most prestigeous boarding schools, suspends or expells students for breaking rules on a weekly basis!
All private schools are 501(c)(3) Non profits.  Again, look at the 990's for any school and you'll see that Hyde's salaries are WAY under the norm, and the fund raising is also a lot less.  Exeter's Annual Fund is 5 million... Hyde's is $450K per campus.  Exeter's Head makes well over $400K per year..Hyde's highest paid is Malcolm Gauld who after Salary and benefits has a hard time reaching $200K.
So Puleeeese, put hese concerns into perspective.
Thank you!

Anonymous:

--- Quote ---On 2005-12-19 12:45:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Don't be misled by these posts!!!  Hyde has it's flaws, but the school are run very well.  If you look into that happens at ANY boarding school, there are some of the same concerns.  Half the senior class was kicked out of a pretigeous boarding school in CT last year for drinking and sex, a friend who is Dean of Students at one of the nation's oldest and most prestigeous boarding schools, suspends or expells students for breaking rules on a weekly basis!

All private schools are 501(c)(3) Non profits.  Again, look at the 990's for any school and you'll see that Hyde's salaries are WAY under the norm, and the fund raising is also a lot less.  Exeter's Annual Fund is 5 million... Hyde's is $450K per campus.  Exeter's Head makes well over $400K per year..Hyde's highest paid is Malcolm Gauld who after Salary and benefits has a hard time reaching $200K.

So Puleeeese, put hese concerns into perspective.

Thank you!"

--- End quote ---
THANK YOU GOD! Someone who actually isnt a babbling cry baby!!! Great post, keep it up! :tup:  :tup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version