Author Topic: Hyde School, The Most Truthful Informative Post I have Seen  (Read 42515 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde School, The Most Truthful Informative Post I have Seen
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »
I agree!  The posters who seem to be defending Hyde all have the same thing in common.  They speak the same Cult like language, they cuss and swear, and they seldom have a mature dialog going!

They say that Hyde builds character and prepares kids for the future.  All that I see are a bunch of Cultists from Hyde making the same comments over and over again!  

I much prefer my child to be his own person, be taught independent thinking skills, learn respect for his fellow man, be taught in a way that is realistic in todays world!  It doesn't seem as though this is what Hyde accomplishes with the majority of the kids who go there.  

I urge parents to do a lot of research before they send their children to Hyde.  Hyde is not the kind of school to consider if your child has motivation problems, mental health issues, drug or alchohol abuse, or if your teen is going through typical teen "stuff."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2005, 04:15:00 PM »
On 2005-12-27 07:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I agree!  The posters who seem to be defending Hyde all have the same thing in common.  They speak the same Cult like language, they cuss and swear, and they seldom have a mature dialog going!

They say that Hyde builds character and prepares kids for the future.  All that I see are a bunch of Cultists from Hyde making the same comments over and over again!  

I much prefer my child to be his own person, be taught independent thinking skills, learn respect for his fellow man, be taught in a way that is realistic in todays world!  It doesn't seem as though this is what Hyde accomplishes with the majority of the kids who go there.  

I urge parents to do a lot of research before they send their children to Hyde.  Hyde is not the kind of school to consider if your child has motivation problems, mental health issues, drug or alchohol abuse, or if your teen is going through typical teen "stuff.""

You're absolutely right.  We made a mistake when we enrolled at the Hyde School; we didn't do enough research or hire a competent educational consultant.  We made our decision on very superficial impressions of Hyde.  Unfortunately we were real naive about boarding schools for teens.

We sure have learned a lot since then.  Now we know what questions to ask.  We decided to leave Hyde and look for another school.  We have been so very disappointed with the Hyde School.  The education has been very weak and we have been appalled by some of the staff behavior we've seen.  Also, our child could use some mental health services (not major ones, but some counseling to deal with some difficult issues) and Hyde just isn't set up to deal with that.  We've learned that Hyde doesn't really care about the emotional stuff kids deal with.  For Hyde everything is a "character" issue and we think that's a terrible way to look at a lot of teens who have problems (although I agree that character is important too).

Yes, parents certainly should ask lots of questions before going to Hyde.  I think going to Hyde is a BIG mistake for just about every teen and family.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2006, 07:51:00 AM »

"I agree!  The posters who seem to be defending Hyde all have the same thing in common.  They speak the same Cult like language, they cuss and swear, and they seldom have a mature dialog going!

I urge parents to do a lot of research before they send their children to Hyde.  Hyde is not the kind of school to consider if your child has motivation problems, mental health issues, drug or alchohol abuse, or if your teen is going through typical teen "stuff.""

I was recently contacted by another set of parents who have decided to withdraw their child from Hyde in the middle of the year.  From all reports this child was not getting into trouble and was not "off track" (to use the Hyde lingo).  The parents figured out how appalling a lot of what goes on at Hyde is.  In our conversation they described many instances where some of the Hyde staff behaved very unprofessionally.  One of the parents is particularly incensed with Joe Gauld.  The parent went on and on about his emotionally abusive behavior and language.  The parents said they had no idea that Hyde was like this when they started there.  They are convinced they have to get their child and themselves away from this school.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2006, 03:40:00 PM »
On 2006-01-02 04:51:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

I was recently contacted by another set of parents who have decided to withdraw their child from Hyde in the middle of the year.  From all reports this child was not getting into trouble and was not "off track" (to use the Hyde lingo).  The parents figured out how appalling a lot of what goes on at Hyde is.  In our conversation they described many instances where some of the Hyde staff behaved very unprofessionally.  One of the parents is particularly incensed with Joe Gauld.  The parent went on and on about his emotionally abusive behavior and language.  The parents said they had no idea that Hyde was like this when they started there.  They are convinced they have to get their child and themselves away from this school.   "
You are full of shit :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2006, 03:43:00 PM »
On 2006-01-02 12:40:00, Anonymous You are full of shit :wave: "

Specifics please.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2006, 06:04:00 PM »
You assholes exaggerate so much!! I'm not impressed by the constant theme of students getting "pulled" every goddamn day...It's getting old people...Get a new hobby or kill yourself :rofl:  :rofl:  :cry2:  :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2006, 06:17:00 PM »

Yes, parents certainly should ask lots of questions before going to Hyde.  I think going to Hyde is a BIG mistake for just about every teen and family."
Oh come on already, you guys are so predictable and constantly use the same rhetoric bullshit over and over again. I want you to find something PRODUCTIVE to do, and stop blaming all your problems on a little school nestled in the woods of Maine...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »
On 2006-01-02 15:04:00, Anonymous wrote:

It's getting old people...Get a new hobby or kill yourself

Ah, yet more examples of the results of Hyde.....wishing death to anyone who dares question their heros.  :roll:  You guys are a prime example of the kind of results parents can expect coming out of Hyde.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2006, 07:17:00 PM »
The Hyde School will be around LONG after you croak!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2006, 07:19:00 PM »
Sadly, that may be true.  There are always gullible parents on which Hyde can prey.  At least the ones who still retain any critical thinking skills can come here and see the results from a kid being in there.  Thanks for doing your part, you've helped more than you know.  :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »
Blow it out your ass :cry2:  :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2006, 09:56:00 AM »
Folks, this is the type of student you will find at Hyde School!  It is probably someone who is home on winter break!  

The previous post is EXACTLY the reason I took my daughter out of Hyde! I am convinced she would have continued to be in a harmful environment!  The marketing materials about Hyde School is opposite of what I found to be true!  I am glad we are away from that looney place full of staff who are losers themselves! God help the kids who get sent there!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »
Hmmm...
Calling the staff losers...
Maybe you should look at yourself first, after all, your daughter prbably had no shot at getting into a "real" boarding school.  Apple doesn't fall far from the tree....."Loser"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2006, 10:24:00 AM »
So are you admitting Hyde is not a "real" boarding school?  I agree fully with this statement!!  Thank you!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2006, 11:19:00 AM »
I agree that the current climate has made it harder to fill a school like Hyde, because the first tier schools are taking the under-achiver that Hyde does so well with and in turn allows your daughter to be admitted, with a committment from your family to give it a go, when in the past you would have been driving back to your shrink trying to figure out what wilderness program or therapy school to send her to to be fixed, while you sit at home, hoping that some schmuck in Utah can fix the damage you did to your kid while you watch digital cable and sip on bottom shelf Vodka.