Author Topic: Hyde School, The Most Truthful Informative Post I have Seen  (Read 42507 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde School, The Most Truthful Informative Post I have Seen
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2005, 07:27:00 PM »
On 2005-12-20 15:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I was just told of this site by the mother of a former Hyde Student - her son was at Hyde for 2 years and has left to continue elsewhere. Our son, too, has left Hyde after one year to continue elsewhere.

I have read a few of the other threads...

But one comment mentioned in this thread particularly caught my eye.......and I must send a "caveat" with MY comment...

Our family had huge concerns about Hyde - eventually - their medical staff and lack thereof; their teaching staff and lack of credentials; their in-bred professional staff (family and friends) etc.

Other threads have spoken most honestly about the daily life of a child there and weekend life for the parents in FLCs and seminars. The total lack of professional staff screams for a remedy.

But what truly caught my eye here was the comparison of compensation between Hyde and Phillips Exeter Academy in Exeter NH -

My brother went to Exeter - my son went to Hyde for a year - we are not even talking apples and oranges here -

A more 180 degree comparison could not have been made.

My brother went to Exeter - graduated from Yale - graduated from Columbia Law  School - was a Rhodes scholar - was a Fulbright Scholar - was a Hague Scholar - and he was sort of a middle of the class student at Exeter.  But he WAS well educated there - their reputation speaks for itself.

To compare their Headmaster's salary with Hyde's is just ludicrous.......

What does Hyde do with its money?? - They certainly don't spend it on their students' needs nor on their staff..........nor on their medical staff nor on a doctor nor on psychologists nor on psychiatrists for their kids.

If they did....their kids might perform better.

I know of six families whose children have left Hyde within the past year - EACH of these children has had to repeat a year of school - academics are not there at Hyde - so why on earth would anyone want to give money to a school that can't produce either character or age-appropriate education.

I weep for the needy kids at Hyde who are in constant fear and trembling and afraid to reach out - "

Thanks for taking the time to share your Hyde experience.  As you can see, you have plenty of company among parents posting on this website.  Many of us have similar stories to tell -- enrolling at Hyde with one set of assumptions, discovering that those assumptions were quite wrong, realizing that Hyde can be a terribly abusive environment and that so many staff at Hyde are ill-equipped to handle the complex mental health needs of so many students there.  We too have encountered many Hyde families that left or are leaving in disgust.  

The poor educational experience at Hyde merely adds salt to the wound.  (I'll never forget how one of the teachers who facilitated one of my FLC seminars talked in detail about what a horrible student he was, how he barely made it through college, etc.  His grammar was poor as he spoke. I can't imagine this fellow would have been hired at a school with real academic standards.  I sat there thinking to myself, we're paying $36,000 a year to get teachers like this?!  And that's not to mention the fact that this very young man had no training to handle students' amazingly complicated mental health issues that came up in those seminar discussions.  Yikes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2005, 08:59:00 AM »
On 2005-12-20 15:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I was just told of this site by the mother of a former Hyde Student - her son was at Hyde for 2 years and has left to continue elsewhere. Our son, too, has left Hyde after one year to continue elsewhere.

I have read a few of the other threads...

But one comment mentioned in this thread particularly caught my eye.......and I must send a "caveat" with MY comment...

Our family had huge concerns about Hyde - eventually - their medical staff and lack thereof; their teaching staff and lack of credentials; their in-bred professional staff (family and friends) etc.

Other threads have spoken most honestly about the daily life of a child there and weekend life for the parents in FLCs and seminars. The total lack of professional staff screams for a remedy.

But what truly caught my eye here was the comparison of compensation between Hyde and Phillips Exeter Academy in Exeter NH -

My brother went to Exeter - my son went to Hyde for a year - we are not even talking apples and oranges here -

A more 180 degree comparison could not have been made.

My brother went to Exeter - graduated from Yale - graduated from Columbia Law  School - was a Rhodes scholar - was a Fulbright Scholar - was a Hague Scholar - and he was sort of a middle of the class student at Exeter.  But he WAS well educated there - their reputation speaks for itself.

To compare their Headmaster's salary with Hyde's is just ludicrous.......

What does Hyde do with its money?? - They certainly don't spend it on their students' needs nor on their staff..........nor on their medical staff nor on a doctor nor on psychologists nor on psychiatrists for their kids.

If they did....their kids might perform better.

I know of six families whose children have left Hyde within the past year - EACH of these children has had to repeat a year of school - academics are not there at Hyde - so why on earth would anyone want to give money to a school that can't produce either character or age-appropriate education.

I weep for the needy kids at Hyde who are in constant fear and trembling and afraid to reach out - "

I am not at all surprised to hear that you know 6 families whose children have left Hyde within the past year, had to repeat a year of school, etc.  This is part of the pattern, where many families spend some time at Hyde, figure out that it has MAJOR shortcomings, and leave.  Those who stay often are the "Hyde groupies" or don't have the emotional energy, money or wherewithal to look for alternatives.

You should also add into this mix the many parents who are astonished, as we were, to discover how dependent Hyde is on that series of gimmicky exercises and assignments they use for FLC's, seminars, etc.  When I started completing those assignments and participated in some of those "experiential exercises" during seminars I couldn't believe how supeficial many of them are, and how poorly implemented and processed they are.  I've seen more sophisticated assignments and exercises in my kids' summer camps and pre-teen groups (when they were in middle school).  

Hyde seems to love simplistic gimmicks, jargon, and cliches.  They've got a formula that they think is sophisticated.  Most of it is downright embarrassing and pitched at a very low level.  Hyde staff ought to get off campus and really see what sophisticated schools do to help students and parents grow.  The comparison is unbelievable.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2005, 04:22:00 PM »
Ahhhh, seems your futile board is dying a slow death, WE WON :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2005, 04:24:00 PM »
Think again little one.  This place has been around before you got here and will continue on long after you're gone.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2005, 05:07:00 PM »
I do think this board will be around for a long time, but it just goes to show you that when the 6 people that are the only negative posters on this board are busy...there's not a lot of action.
Happy Holidays!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2005, 05:10:00 PM »
Oh, there's many, many more of us than you would expect.  We just get tired of the non-sensical rants of the proponents of the abuse factories.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2005, 07:00:00 PM »
On 2005-12-22 14:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I do think this board will be around for a long time, but it just goes to show you that when the 6 people that are the only negative posters on this board are busy...there's not a lot of action.

Happy Holidays!!"

You're very wrong, I believe. Here's the dynamic, I think: A number of people have heard about this website and have had an awful lot to get off their chests about the horror they are experiencing, or have experienced, at Hyde.  People have shared lots of terrible stories, pain, and anguish.  One can only say the same thing so many times.  It's absolutely predictable that after some time people who've said what they have to say would slow down.  That's what you're seeing here, I believe.  In my own case, I fit that pattern.  I plan to visit this site periodically, but less often (like Lars).  I'm confident that people who are Googling Hyde will find this site and find the observations many people have shared. Those Hyde criticisms are here to stay, so long as this website exists.  I wouldn't assume for a minute that less frequent postings mean the anti-Hyde passion has weakened.  I feel as strongly as I ever did that parents should not enroll their kids at Hyde; in fact, what I've read on this website reinforces my convictions about Hyde's cult qualities and unprofessional features.  I simply won't be posting as often.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2005, 07:10:00 PM »
Information on cults, cultic groups, psychological manipulation, psychological abuse, spiritual abuse, brainwashing, mind control, thought reform, abusive churches, extremism, totalistic groups, new religious movements, alternative and mainstream religions, group dynamics, exit counseling, recovery, and practical suggestions for those affected by or interested in these subjects

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2005, 07:17:00 PM »
http://www.ex-cult.org/  look under General Info.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2005, 10:55:00 PM »
On 2005-12-22 16:17:00, Anonymous wrote:

"http://www.ex-cult.org/  look under General Info.

"

Hyde is a horrible place.  I would never refer to it as a school because "schools" teach children.  Hyde doesn't have an acceptable education system.  Hyde is a Cult!  Take it from me, I went there and I wouldn't send my worst enemy!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2005, 01:56:00 AM »
On 2005-12-22 19:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

Hyde is a horrible place.  I would never refer to it as a school because "schools" teach children.  Hyde doesn't have an acceptable education system.  Hyde is a Cult!  Take it from me, I went there and I wouldn't send my worst enemy!"
Thats due to the fact that you are a weak little piece of dog shit that needs to be shot

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2005, 03:07:00 PM »
On 2005-12-22 22:56:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-12-22 19:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

Hyde is a horrible place.  I would never refer to it as a school because "schools" teach children.  Hyde doesn't have an acceptable education system.  Hyde is a Cult!  Take it from me, I went there and I wouldn't send my worst enemy!"

Thats due to the fact that you are a weak little piece of dog shit that needs to be shot"

No, weak is someone who walks away from confrontation and will not speak their minds.  You might disagree with what I say, but this is not being weak by saying it!

As far as needing to be shot, you must go to Hyde School if you are this violent.  I would never threaten such violence simply because someone is giving their opionions about a place they had a negative experience at.  

By the way, I believe it is against the law to threaten, so please be careful.  I do hope you end up at another school besides Hyde where they will teach you about Character and manners!

Again I say, Hyde is a bad school with many kids who I would not want my child around.  This post above is a very good example!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2005, 03:57:00 PM »
When did I threat, I said "needs to be shot" ...Where's the threat in that ?? Get real, loser cry baby, toughen up..

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2005, 09:47:00 AM »
When the Nazis burned the synagog at Kronenburg, they didn't say "Herr Shweiker, you will burn the synagog" or "We will burn the synagog." The order stated, "The synagog will be burned" and the dutiful locall officers carried it along.

Regardless of how you phrase it (and it's endemic to Synanon based programs to confuse the terms "you need" with "I want".) real men w/ their very real flesh bent to the work of setting afire their neighbors' place of worship.

Needs to be shot? Who needs to be shot? What you're saying is that you want him to be shot; maybe you want to do the shooting? Maybe not, maybe you're the type who would rather just set it in motion then sit back and watch, pretending it's not your fault.

Duct tape is like the force; it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
--Jedi Knight school drop out.

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2005, 01:23:00 AM »
On 2005-12-24 06:47:00, Antigen wrote:

"When the Nazis burned the synagog at Kronenburg, they didn't say "Herr Shweiker, you will burn the synagog" or "We will burn the synagog." The order stated, "The synagog will be burned" and the dutiful locall officers carried it along.

Regardless of how you phrase it (and it's endemic to Synanon based programs to confuse the terms "you need" with "I want".) real men w/ their very real flesh bent to the work of setting afire their neighbors' place of worship.

Needs to be shot? Who needs to be shot? What you're saying is that you want him to be shot; maybe you want to do the shooting? Maybe not, maybe you're the type who would rather just set it in motion then sit back and watch, pretending it's not your fault.

Duct tape is like the force; it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
--Jedi Knight school drop out.

"

The truth is Antigen this is the type of student that Hyde puts out there on the street and says he was a success!  This is why it is important to stay clear of Hyde!!