Author Topic: NOTICE TO HYDE STUDENTS  (Read 9764 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
NOTICE TO HYDE STUDENTS
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2006, 09:03:00 PM »
Sequin Island was great! Just behave yourself like a half witted person can, and you should have NO problems at all at The Hyde School.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
NOTICE TO HYDE STUDENTS
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2006, 10:52:00 PM »
I cannot believe what I am reading here.  This is a really sick place, Hyde School!

Offline WWFSMD

• View Profile
    • http://www.venganza.org/
NOTICE TO HYDE STUDENTS
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2006, 10:56:00 PM »
On 2006-01-04 18:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Sequin Island was great! Just behave yourself like a half witted person can, and you should have NO problems at all at The Hyde School."

Yeah, sounds like one big fun summer picnic!  :roll:

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... =20#160946

Posted: 2006-01-03 14:01:00  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 i can tell you from attending the hyde summer challenge that I was sent to seguin, an island thats right near maine, where you sleep in tents, do not take showers at all (and you can be there for weeks) and wake at 5:00 to run up hills with buckets of sand with someone timing you, workouts, pushups, the ones where you count down from 25 which equals a total of 800 pushups a day or more. There was an sex orgy that took place on that island, some people were involved and some werent. The people who were involved confessed, and the people who werent regretfully had to confess after being on shadow and under suspicion for something they did not do. I was one of the persons who was not involved, and confessed anyways. How? I made it all up. But Ill tell you that I didnt just have to say "I was involved in the sex orgy". I had to sit in the dean's office and WORD BY WORD, tell the whole sory out. It was disgusting and embarrasin even for something that I had no part in. I believe that if I was a girl that was actually involved, how humiliating and hurtful it would be to tell something like that to a dean who is a man! Completely unprofessional and disturbing. I can agree with what one person said about the inadequate medical staff, I was then to be tested for HIV within the next week (the school will not give anyone a morning after pill or HIV cocktail) Just think about is this situation were to happen: a girl being raped at Hyde with no protection from HIV, STD's, and no Plan B pill! For my own curiousity, I asked why noone had taken me to be tested for HIV or STD's, and the nurse said that she had FORGOTTEN to call the doctor or something like that. I was appalled at how unqualified the nurses and medical staff was there! I could have been infected with HIV right then and there if in fact I had been involved with the sex orgy. I did not drink milk when I was little and up until I was 15 had not taken any calcium supplements, and as a result developed osteopenia (the beginning of osteoporosis). I was a couch potato all of my life also, which didnt help. I went to the hyde summer challenge having not excercised in a decade, yet was still accepted for the summer challenge after my medical records were sent over. I dint know the strenuous excercise I was going to be faced with when I enetered the summer challenge, but the school did and they still did not warn me or my parents. Don't get me wrong, excercise is good for osteoporosis, but in moderation with a slow start. I was up at 4:30's running around the football field 5x's, sprints, lunges, and of course, seguin island. I went to the nurse about everyday for as much painkillers I could get my hands on, and requested to see a medical doctor because the pain was unbearable. The nurse refused to let me see a doctor! After the 5 weeks were over and I saw a doctor, you would not believe the damage that were done to my knees and one of my hips over those 5 weeks. The doctor was surprised that I could go through with all the excercise that they expected of me. My knees are slowly getting better, but I cannot run without pain and I cannot walk for long periods of time. It would kill me to think what Hyde would do in a real medical emergency.

It is fear that first brought Gods into the world.
--Gallus Petronius, 1st Century Roman courtier

bey your Noodly Master

Emancipate from mental slavery

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
NOTICE TO HYDE STUDENTS
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »
On 2006-01-04 18:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Sequin Island was great! Just behave yourself like a half witted person can, and you should have NO problems at all at The Hyde School."
That's true.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
NOTICE TO HYDE STUDENTS
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2006, 06:08:00 PM »
Hyde has a 5 week program that kids can attend to see if they like the school, but it is actually required if summer is coming up. It takes place in the summer, and after the 5 weeks, Hyde makes the choice to accept you or not and the parents will decide if the school is right for their child. There is a fee for the summer program, though Im not sure what it was exactly. If your wondering if Hyde will accept certain students, I can tell you that they will accept anyone even if they were both mentally and physically retarded and/or had substance abuse issues. They will accept any kid who walks through their door. I came to this website to tell my story at Hyde in the most truthful and informative way I could, and I encourage anyone who has attended Hyde to do so as well. Alot of people here are being a little vague about their Hyde experience, and I encourage you to site specific experiences that you have had, as these will help parents who are considering Hyde to know what Hyde would be like for their child without the school giving them a vague outline of what it is like to be at Hyde. If you visit the Hyde website, you will see that they give a very vague description of what they have to offer to kids and what issues the kids have when they get there, as wel as if they are equipped to deal with those issues. If my parents and I had known what it was like at Hyde and if the staff had been truthful about what is was going to be like at the school's interview, I would have not even considered attending the summer challenge. I knew nothing about 2/4 at the interview, I knew nothing about their "accountabilities", I knew nothing about how kids were treated behind closed doors, when the parents were not around. I remember when it was towards the end of the summer challenge and the school was getting into heavy duty cleaning, organizing, and primping for Family Weekend when the parents would arrive. There was gourmet food set on to tables for the parents, the dorms were cleaned, but what was most eye-catching was how the staff and faculty started to get into their "relaxed care-free mood", a visage to appeal to the parents. They displayed no anger, no agression, no confrontations with any of the students on this particular day. I was relieved that no one had confronted me or any of the students on this day, but at the same time I kept in my mind thinking to myself "Is this really how truthful everyone here is? Is this there truthful philosphy that they hold themselves standard to?" And I knew that it wasn't. I knew that this is how they pulled so many parents in, with their discovery groups they appeared to offer free counseling group-therapy to parents and their child, when actually counseling isn't even a part of the Hyde School. So many kids come to this school to turn their lives around, with hope that they can gain confidence and motivation in themselves. When in fact, those feelings of inferiority or whatever they were dealing with   pre-Hyde are suppressed deeper and deeper inside themselves when they learn that they have stop cold-turkey their bulimia, or cutting, or alcohol/drug abuse because there will be consequences at Hyde. I remember this one boy at Hyde who had serious anger issues that he had no control over. From what I knew of him, his parents were divorced and his mother had re-married a different man, which could have been the possible underlying issues of his anger. He grew up without a father, and his father was later replaced with a starnger. Understandable, right? But Hyde refuses to understamd cases like this, and when the boy got in fights at the school if someone rubbe dhim the wrong way, the faculty stated bluntly that he shall stop his violent acts against other kids or he was going to to be "held accountable". When the fights with other kids continued, the boy was asked what he planned to do about his agression if he were to attend the school. This was during discovery grups on family therapy, and everyone was listening. The boy said " I guess I will have to learn to stop my anger, I just don't know how. I guess I will have to face whatever consequences I am given for my actions." I felt so sorry for him, because I knew that 1) He didn't know the root of where his anger was coming from and 2)Hyde faculty refused to acknowledge that he neede therapy/counseling rather than consequences and accountabilities. He became more and more voilent as the consequences were given, because his anger was built up with no safe outlet or release (therapy). I also remember a girl, she had a learning disorder, and her mother had been misinformed that Hyde was equipped to deal with kids with learning disbilities. She was also a cutter, so it was obvious that she repressed her feelings and kept things inside most of the time. I could see that she was having a hard time at the school, she took alot of things literally partly because of her learning disorder I'm assuming. She couln't tell time unless there were digital clocks around, so she was late to functions on the campus most of the time. When she told a staff member of her innability to tell time and attempted to advocate for herself by explaining her learning disability, she was told "Well, then you ask someone to teach you how to tell time so that you won't be late. Your a smart girl, and you can learn to tell time if you wanted to. You should stop trying to minipulate me or anyone else with your learning disorder, because you are as capable as everyone else here of doing everything that you are asked to do". I was shocked at this response that was not sympathetic in the least nor was it helpful for this girl to learn that all she could do about her inability of things was to find a way to cope at this school. The fact that she was a cutter also concerned me, because I knew that she would have to keep alot more things to herself at Hyde than she had at home. She was my roommate, and I remember hearing her cry in the middle of the night, and sometimes crying herself to sleep. The fact is that Hyde is incapable of dealing with kids who have emotional issues, which is the underlying causes of substance abuse for the most part. They are also incapable of dealing with kids who have learning disorders. In fact, as someone else here has said, I think that the only kid that Hyde is capable of dealing with is the kid who is defiant, has no emotional issues, and is acting out and needs to be sent to a bootcamp environment to straighten out. This unfortunately, applies to a very small percentage of the kids who are attending Hyde School.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
NOTICE TO HYDE STUDENTS
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2006, 11:26:00 PM »
On 2006-01-21 15:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hyde has a 5 week program that kids can attend to see if they like the school, but it is actually required if summer is coming up. It takes place in the summer, and after the 5 weeks, Hyde makes the choice to accept you or not and the parents will decide if the school is right for their child. There is a fee for the summer program, though Im not sure what it was exactly. If your wondering if Hyde will accept certain students, I can tell you that they will accept anyone even if they were both mentally and physically retarded and/or had substance abuse issues. They will accept any kid who walks through their door. I came to this website to tell my story at Hyde in the most truthful and informative way I could, and I encourage anyone who has attended Hyde to do so as well. Alot of people here are being a little vague about their Hyde experience, and I encourage you to site specific experiences that you have had, as these will help parents who are considering Hyde to know what Hyde would be like for their child without the school giving them a vague outline of what it is like to be at Hyde. If you visit the Hyde website, you will see that they give a very vague description of what they have to offer to kids and what issues the kids have when they get there, as wel as if they are equipped to deal with those issues. If my parents and I had known what it was like at Hyde and if the staff had been truthful about what is was going to be like at the school's interview, I would have not even considered attending the summer challenge. I knew nothing about 2/4 at the interview, I knew nothing about their "accountabilities", I knew nothing about how kids were treated behind closed doors, when the parents were not around. I remember when it was towards the end of the summer challenge and the school was getting into heavy duty cleaning, organizing, and primping for Family Weekend when the parents would arrive. There was gourmet food set on to tables for the parents, the dorms were cleaned, but what was most eye-catching was how the staff and faculty started to get into their "relaxed care-free mood", a visage to appeal to the parents. They displayed no anger, no agression, no confrontations with any of the students on this particular day. I was relieved that no one had confronted me or any of the students on this day, but at the same time I kept in my mind thinking to myself "Is this really how truthful everyone here is? Is this there truthful philosphy that they hold themselves standard to?" And I knew that it wasn't. I knew that this is how they pulled so many parents in, with their discovery groups they appeared to offer free counseling group-therapy to parents and their child, when actually counseling isn't even a part of the Hyde School. So many kids come to this school to turn their lives around, with hope that they can gain confidence and motivation in themselves. When in fact, those feelings of inferiority or whatever they were dealing with   pre-Hyde are suppressed deeper and deeper inside themselves when they learn that they have stop cold-turkey their bulimia, or cutting, or alcohol/drug abuse because there will be consequences at Hyde. I remember this one boy at Hyde who had serious anger issues that he had no control over. From what I knew of him, his parents were divorced and his mother had re-married a different man, which could have been the possible underlying issues of his anger. He grew up without a father, and his father was later replaced with a starnger. Understandable, right? But Hyde refuses to understamd cases like this, and when the boy got in fights at the school if someone rubbe dhim the wrong way, the faculty stated bluntly that he shall stop his violent acts against other kids or he was going to to be "held accountable". When the fights with other kids continued, the boy was asked what he planned to do about his agression if he were to attend the school. This was during discovery grups on family therapy, and everyone was listening. The boy said " I guess I will have to learn to stop my anger, I just don't know how. I guess I will have to face whatever consequences I am given for my actions." I felt so sorry for him, because I knew that 1) He didn't know the root of where his anger was coming from and 2)Hyde faculty refused to acknowledge that he neede therapy/counseling rather than consequences and accountabilities. He became more and more voilent as the consequences were given, because his anger was built up with no safe outlet or release (therapy). I also remember a girl, she had a learning disorder, and her mother had been misinformed that Hyde was equipped to deal with kids with learning disbilities. She was also a cutter, so it was obvious that she repressed her feelings and kept things inside most of the time. I could see that she was having a hard time at the school, she took alot of things literally partly because of her learning disorder I'm assuming. She couln't tell time unless there were digital clocks around, so she was late to functions on the campus most of the time. When she told a staff member of her innability to tell time and attempted to advocate for herself by explaining her learning disability, she was told "Well, then you ask someone to teach you how to tell time so that you won't be late. Your a smart girl, and you can learn to tell time if you wanted to. You should stop trying to minipulate me or anyone else with your learning disorder, because you are as capable as everyone else here of doing everything that you are asked to do". I was shocked at this response that was not sympathetic in the least nor was it helpful for this girl to learn that all she could do about her inability of things was to find a way to cope at this school. The fact that she was a cutter also concerned me, because I knew that she would have to keep alot more things to herself at Hyde than she had at home. She was my roommate, and I remember hearing her cry in the middle of the night, and sometimes crying herself to sleep. The fact is that Hyde is incapable of dealing with kids who have emotional issues, which is the underlying causes of substance abuse for the most part. They are also incapable of dealing with kids who have learning disorders. In fact, as someone else here has said, I think that the only kid that Hyde is capable of dealing with is the kid who is defiant, has no emotional issues, and is acting out and needs to be sent to a bootcamp environment to straighten out. This unfortunately, applies to a very small percentage of the kids who are attending Hyde School. "

I want you to know how much I appreciate your heartfelt comments about your miserable experience at the Hyde School.  It pains me to read your accounts of the horrible experiences many kids have at Hyde, the insensitivity of many Hyde staff, and the school's terrible mishandling of students who have serious learning disabilities and mental health issues.  

I am really impressed with your mature understanding of Hyde's remarkable flaws.  You seem to have a lot of insight and sensitivity.  I too witnessed many incidents similar to the ones you experienced; it took me awhile to figure out what you seem to have figured out.  I can't begin to tell you how angry I am at Hyde's shortsighted and harmful treatment of many students.  I am so pleased that you are sharing your opinions so that parents who are thinking about Hyde will have the benefit of your observations.  You've performed an important service here.  Thanks.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
NOTICE TO HYDE STUDENTS
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2006, 08:43:00 AM »
Ditto that!  A few people on this board bash Hyde but don't give examples like you.  When I have time in the next few days, I will also write a story about some of my experiences and observations at Hyde.

Thanks for being so honest.  Seems that those of us who are honest about the school are the ones Hyde considers failures.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
NOTICE TO HYDE STUDENTS
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2006, 06:57:00 PM »
wow you say you have never heard of seguin it is one of the most feared places hyde sends tough students
i cannot belive any one afilliated with hyde and especcialy any student has not heard of this place i never went there but i was however sent to manna island for a socalled leadership trip

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
NOTICE TO HYDE STUDENTS
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2006, 08:00:00 AM »
it all depends on whether you went as part of the summer program or as an attemp to mentally break you

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
NOTICE TO HYDE STUDENTS
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2006, 12:32:00 PM »
The school ethcis include No SEX.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
NOTICE TO HYDE STUDENTS
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2006, 10:32:00 AM »
On 2006-01-21 15:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hyde has a 5 week program that kids can attend to see if they like the school, but it is actually required if summer is coming up. It takes place in the summer, and after the 5 weeks, Hyde makes the choice to accept you or not and the parents will decide if the school is right for their child. There is a fee for the summer program, though Im not sure what it was exactly. If your wondering if Hyde will accept certain students, I can tell you that they will accept anyone even if they were both mentally and physically retarded and/or had substance abuse issues. They will accept any kid who walks through their door. I came to this website to tell my story at Hyde in the most truthful and informative way I could, and I encourage anyone who has attended Hyde to do so as well. Alot of people here are being a little vague about their Hyde experience, and I encourage you to site specific experiences that you have had, as these will help parents who are considering Hyde to know what Hyde would be like for their child without the school giving them a vague outline of what it is like to be at Hyde. If you visit the Hyde website, you will see that they give a very vague description of what they have to offer to kids and what issues the kids have when they get there, as wel as if they are equipped to deal with those issues. If my parents and I had known what it was like at Hyde and if the staff had been truthful about what is was going to be like at the school's interview, I would have not even considered attending the summer challenge. I knew nothing about 2/4 at the interview, I knew nothing about their "accountabilities", I knew nothing about how kids were treated behind closed doors, when the parents were not around. I remember when it was towards the end of the summer challenge and the school was getting into heavy duty cleaning, organizing, and primping for Family Weekend when the parents would arrive. There was gourmet food set on to tables for the parents, the dorms were cleaned, but what was most eye-catching was how the staff and faculty started to get into their "relaxed care-free mood", a visage to appeal to the parents. They displayed no anger, no agression, no confrontations with any of the students on this particular day. I was relieved that no one had confronted me or any of the students on this day, but at the same time I kept in my mind thinking to myself "Is this really how truthful everyone here is? Is this there truthful philosphy that they hold themselves standard to?" And I knew that it wasn't. I knew that this is how they pulled so many parents in, with their discovery groups they appeared to offer free counseling group-therapy to parents and their child, when actually counseling isn't even a part of the Hyde School. So many kids come to this school to turn their lives around, with hope that they can gain confidence and motivation in themselves. When in fact, those feelings of inferiority or whatever they were dealing with   pre-Hyde are suppressed deeper and deeper inside themselves when they learn that they have stop cold-turkey their bulimia, or cutting, or alcohol/drug abuse because there will be consequences at Hyde. I remember this one boy at Hyde who had serious anger issues that he had no control over. From what I knew of him, his parents were divorced and his mother had re-married a different man, which could have been the possible underlying issues of his anger. He grew up without a father, and his father was later replaced with a starnger. Understandable, right? But Hyde refuses to understamd cases like this, and when the boy got in fights at the school if someone rubbe dhim the wrong way, the faculty stated bluntly that he shall stop his violent acts against other kids or he was going to to be "held accountable". When the fights with other kids continued, the boy was asked what he planned to do about his agression if he were to attend the school. This was during discovery grups on family therapy, and everyone was listening. The boy said " I guess I will have to learn to stop my anger, I just don't know how. I guess I will have to face whatever consequences I am given for my actions." I felt so sorry for him, because I knew that 1) He didn't know the root of where his anger was coming from and 2)Hyde faculty refused to acknowledge that he neede therapy/counseling rather than consequences and accountabilities. He became more and more voilent as the consequences were given, because his anger was built up with no safe outlet or release (therapy). I also remember a girl, she had a learning disorder, and her mother had been misinformed that Hyde was equipped to deal with kids with learning disbilities. She was also a cutter, so it was obvious that she repressed her feelings and kept things inside most of the time. I could see that she was having a hard time at the school, she took alot of things literally partly because of her learning disorder I'm assuming. She couln't tell time unless there were digital clocks around, so she was late to functions on the campus most of the time. When she told a staff member of her innability to tell time and attempted to advocate for herself by explaining her learning disability, she was told "Well, then you ask someone to teach you how to tell time so that you won't be late. Your a smart girl, and you can learn to tell time if you wanted to. You should stop trying to minipulate me or anyone else with your learning disorder, because you are as capable as everyone else here of doing everything that you are asked to do". I was shocked at this response that was not sympathetic in the least nor was it helpful for this girl to learn that all she could do about her inability of things was to find a way to cope at this school. The fact that she was a cutter also concerned me, because I knew that she would have to keep alot more things to herself at Hyde than she had at home. She was my roommate, and I remember hearing her cry in the middle of the night, and sometimes crying herself to sleep. The fact is that Hyde is incapable of dealing with kids who have emotional issues, which is the underlying causes of substance abuse for the most part. They are also incapable of dealing with kids who have learning disorders. In fact, as someone else here has said, I think that the only kid that Hyde is capable of dealing with is the kid who is defiant, has no emotional issues, and is acting out and needs to be sent to a bootcamp environment to straighten out. This unfortunately, applies to a very small percentage of the kids who are attending Hyde School. "

Like you, I can't trust Hyde staff.  I can't trust that what they show parents is an accurate reflection of what happens day to day with the students.  I can't trust that their staff are competent to handle the complicated issues their students have.  I can't trust that staff won't be emotionally abusive or mistreat students.  I can't trust that senior administrators at Hyde won't go "off" and yell at students and parents, lay head trips on them using all those simple Hyde sayings, and manipulate them.  I can't trust that my child's needs will be met at Hyde.  I've learned so much this year about all the problems at Hyde and the staff's lack of skill in so many areas.   It's amazing to talk with so many parents who have similar concerns.  We started at Hyde by trusting the school and its staff.  We tried hard to do what the school asked us to do.  We never challenged the rules or expectations.  Now my trust is gone.  Completely gone.  And I know many other parents who feel the same way.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
NOTICE TO HYDE STUDENTS
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2006, 09:15:00 PM »
LIKE YOU, I DO NOT AND NEVER HAVE TRUSTED HYDE. MY OLDEST SON WAS ENROLLED THERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION BY MY HUSBAND (WHOM I AM SEPERATED FROM). I, AFTER EXTENSIVE RESEARCH BEGGED FOR HIM NOT TO BE PLACED THERE, EVEN WENT TO COURT. END OF THE STORY, HE DID ATTEND HYDE, AND NOW HAS BEEN ASKED TO LEAVE (CIRCUMSTANCES TO KNOWLEDGE UNKNOWN). MY QUESTION TO ANYONE WHO CAN ANSWER - WHAT NOW HAPPENS WITH THE TUITION THAT THEY SO READILY TOOK? I HAVE READ ON SEVERAL OTHER POSTS AND IN MY REASEARCH THAT THERE IS A NO REFUND POLICY? IS THIS TRUE? AND IF THE ANSWER IS YES, IS THERE A WAY TO FIGHT IT? I AM SO ANGRY, AND YET NOT SURPRISED AT THE OUTCOME OF THIS STORY. THIS FACILITY SHOULD NOT EVEN BE UP AND RUNNING. I AM SO GLAD HE IS OUT OF THERE, BUT NOW AM LEFT WITH THE REALITY OF A LOST YEAR, AND NOW TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT COMES NEXT? ANYBODY CARE TO RESPOND...........

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
NOTICE TO HYDE STUDENTS
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2006, 08:42:00 AM »
On 2006-01-28 18:15:00, Anonymous wrote:

"LIKE YOU, I DO NOT AND NEVER HAVE TRUSTED HYDE. MY OLDEST SON WAS ENROLLED THERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION BY MY HUSBAND (WHOM I AM SEPERATED FROM). I, AFTER EXTENSIVE RESEARCH BEGGED FOR HIM NOT TO BE PLACED THERE, EVEN WENT TO COURT. END OF THE STORY, HE DID ATTEND HYDE, AND NOW HAS BEEN ASKED TO LEAVE (CIRCUMSTANCES TO KNOWLEDGE UNKNOWN). MY QUESTION TO ANYONE WHO CAN ANSWER - WHAT NOW HAPPENS WITH THE TUITION THAT THEY SO READILY TOOK? I HAVE READ ON SEVERAL OTHER POSTS AND IN MY REASEARCH THAT THERE IS A NO REFUND POLICY? IS THIS TRUE? AND IF THE ANSWER IS YES, IS THERE A WAY TO FIGHT IT? I AM SO ANGRY, AND YET NOT SURPRISED AT THE OUTCOME OF THIS STORY. THIS FACILITY SHOULD NOT EVEN BE UP AND RUNNING. I AM SO GLAD HE IS OUT OF THERE, BUT NOW AM LEFT WITH THE REALITY OF A LOST YEAR, AND NOW TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT COMES NEXT? ANYBODY CARE TO RESPOND..........."

Forget your tuition unless you are willing to hire an attorney and sue!  Most people don't find it worth the trouble, but the only way to change this policy of throwing kids out and keeping the monies is for parents to stand up to Hyde and say enough is enough!  Hyde makes a lot of income from this scam!

I would also write to the NEASC attn Bill Bennett, http://www.neasc.org/ .  This is the only association Hyde answers to.  Although they are strictly an association that only recommends, but doesn't enforce. it will make a difference if they get enough complaints. Hyde would not want to lose the association with this organization.

Unfortunately there is not a governmentt board that polices programs like Hyde.  If there were, half of what you read could not happen!

You are in the same mess as many other people.  Again I recommend that you stand up for what is right, rather than help Hyde continue to ripping families off.

Offline mansion dweller

• View Profile
NOTICE TO HYDE STUDENTS
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »
students are not allowed to have sex but it does not prevent them from doing so, the school would rather live a a world of denial,   i once spoke to the nurses asking them why they did not make contraceptives avalible if students are having sex anyways ( some have gotten pregnant or contracted STD's) they said that they did not want to talk about it for fear that they would get in trouble.

if students are caught with condoms they are punished under a vauge rule called "spirit of the law"   this states that if you have any parafinallia, condoms included, that you are intending to break a rule, thus already giulty.

I have a major problem with this and have talked to some staff members in the past, my efforts were futile.  I simply said that if people are going to have sex anyways then condoms shouls be provided or we should at least be able to own them.   they did not like this proposition and would rather live in a world where health of their students takes a backseat to "truth"
Y

Offline mansion dweller

• View Profile
NOTICE TO HYDE STUDENTS
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2006, 08:09:00 AM »
the school will not tell you the actul truth, they are trying to get your money
Y