Author Topic: Calling all Str8Survivor Insomniacs  (Read 5374 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Calling all Str8Survivor Insomniacs
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »
On 2005-12-14 05:43:00, Anonymous wrote:

Interesting theories there, wd, but i think it's as simple as supply and demand. if you can convince some mofo that he needs xanax for his anxiety, then you can sell it to him. pretty simple."

That doesn't explain the half of it, anon. Why go to all the expense and trouble? Why not just convince them that something harmless were the end all cure all? Of course, it would have to be restrictable. If you go around telling people to use valerian root, for example, well they'll just grow some and use it and you make nothing. So I understand the regulation, certification, prescription requirements and other affectations and props and pillars of guildmanship. However, why not use an equally restrictable but benign compound? There are millions of choices. Why go to all the trouble to design and promote these particular compounds that all do these fairly specific things?

I don't think we're here for anything, we're just products of evolution. You can say 'Gee, your life must be pretty bleak if you don't think there's a purpose' but I'm anticipating a good lunch.
--Dr. James Watson, American biologist

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2005, 07:15:00 PM »
On 2005-12-14 12:38:00, dragonfly wrote:

All these damn ideas about being functional. All this deep conditioning and work ethic brainwahing. I just want to develop my ability to create through intention. Where does my addiction to struggle come from? Like I told Beth, I just want sometimes to sit and watch my cats sleep, many days that is the extent of my ambition. Some where a voice tells me that watching a cat sleep is not a valid days activity.
"

Oh, I don't think it's all brainwashing. What critter have you ever seen who didn't go merrily and entheusiastic about his purpose. Some play more than others, like deer and seals and dogs. Some seem to be doing a whole lot of nothing while dedicating themselves w/ total abandon to being what they are. I've often wanted to be a lizard. Not like a geko or gator or anything, no. I have always been jealous of the company and belongerhood of those little greay lizzards in Florida. Or a spider. Ah, the life of a spider. Do a little macreme, then go meditate for awhile. Maybe a little more macreme, or some food prep or a snack, then more meditation. I wonder what they're thinking about?

But every critter on this planet unselfconciously and w/o complaint or affectation just does their job, except a couple. People and a few others very like us.

...to disarm the people (is) the best and most effective way to enslave them...
-- George Mason

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »
On 2005-12-14 16:06:00, Antigen wrote:

"

On 2005-12-14 05:43:00, Anonymous wrote:

Interesting theories there, wd, but i think it's as simple as supply and demand. if you can convince some mofo that he needs xanax for his anxiety, then you can sell it to him. pretty simple."

That doesn't explain the half of it, anon. Why go to all the expense and trouble? Why not just convince them that something harmless were the end all cure all? Of course, it would have to be restrictable. If you go around telling people to use valerian root, for example, well they'll just grow some and use it and you make nothing. So I understand the regulation, certification, prescription requirements and other affectations and props and pillars of guildmanship. However, why not use an equally restrictable but benign compound? There are millions of choices. Why go to all the trouble to design and promote these particular compounds that all do these fairly specific things?

I don't know......you tell me.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2005, 11:49:00 PM »
On 2005-12-14 17:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-12-14 16:06:00, Antigen wrote:

There are millions of choices. Why go to all the trouble to design and promote these particular compounds that all do these fairly specific things?

I don't know......you tell me. "

Well, one would suppose that whoever has sway in which magical mystery cures rate wants these specific kinds of effects. They view them as beneficial in some way. Like, ferinstance, a magical pill that makes people who are getting the shitty end of the stick feel like they're being pampered.

You never see animals going through the absurd and often horrible fooleries of magic and religion. Only man behaves with such gratuitous folly. It is the price he has to pay for being intelligent but not, as yet, intelligent enough.
--Aldous Huxley, author

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2005, 11:58:00 PM »
I see. So far you're making perfect sense. Continue.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2005, 12:15:00 AM »
That's pretty much all I got. Your turn. :grin:

In order to live free and happily you must sacrifice boredom. It is not always an easy sacrifice.
-- Richard Bach

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2005, 12:17:00 AM »
Hmm...ok..WHY do they want those specific kinds of effects...EVEN when there are SUCH bad SIDE effects?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2005, 12:38:00 AM »
I dunno, what do you think? Honestly, a few rounds back you said it was just the money. I think I've made a pretty good argument for other motives. Do you accept, for the sake of this discussion, that there are other motives?

Ok, what do you think? I think I offered a pretty compelling one, supported by some pretty good references. Basically, the same reason why, despite the obvious adverse side effects, the people who run these programs do what they do. Sure, money's a big part of it. But there's something even more evil than that; altruism. These folks actually think we're better off by their help; that it's worth the risk, that we're too mixed up or disordered to make these choices, so they are bound by their high stations in life to make them for us. They think they're fixing us.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of it's victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busy-bodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those that torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."--C.S. Lewis, God In The Dock

The memory of my own suffering has prevented me from ever shadowing one young soul with the superstitions of the Christian religion.
--Elizabeth Cady-Stanton

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2005, 12:45:00 AM »
Do you accept, for the sake of this discussion, that there are other motives?

Yes; or if not "motives" per se, then "reasons" other than just money. I just don't know if I'd go so far as wd did about there being some dark, ulterior motive (that word again) for their stupidity.

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2005, 12:57:00 AM »
Oh no, not a dark motive. I said I believe it is for the greater good of the world as a whole. That what goes down, must come up. I do not fully understand it myself. I just believe it will bring us into a new way of percieving the past and oppression. I merely believe it is part of growth. That is not a dark motive or conspiracy at all, but an intense lesson of truth and mis-truth. A training session of how people can learn to weild the truth and effect change with accuracy and effectivness, simply, with-out harming others.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2005, 07:56:00 AM »
On 2005-12-14 15:57:00, Antigen wrote:

"

On 2005-12-14 12:10:00, dragonfly wrote:

"Holy Sheep Shit Ginger,

You're getting downright eloquent with those sermons. You ever consider starting a religion or a revolution or something?    "

Why thank you! I've thought of it. But I'm really sort of wating to see what happens w/ Rabbi Doperman's gig. Might be easier to just jump on his train, ya know? Plus, if it all goes horribly wrong, I was just a deluded follower, ya know? I was misguided, not culpable. But if I ever do start a religion, it'll have just one tenet:

so long as the universe had a beginning, we could suppose it had a creator. But if the universe is completely self-contained, having no boundary or edge, it would neither be created nor destroyed it would simply be. What place, then, for a creator?
--stephen Hawking, English scientist

"

I think you should "keep up the good work",OUT OF THE PUBLIC EYE!
Nobody here needs to read your comments,so fuck off and do your "magic",but we dont want to read about it here from you.

Offline ex-prisoner

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2005, 08:32:00 AM »
On 2005-12-14 12:38:00, dragonfly wrote:

"You and Ginger both.

I am again spending a whole day just getting my shit together, trying to get my head out of the sky and my feet on the ground. What to do with all this potentiality and how to share it with the world. All these damn ideas about being functional. All this deep conditioning and work ethic brainwahing. I just want to develop my ability to create through intention. Where does my addiction to struggle come from? Like I told Beth, I just want sometimes to sit and watch my cats sleep, many days that is the extent of my ambition. Some where a voice tells me that watching a cat sleep is not a valid days activity.

"

see this is why i like to watch monkey movies, the cinema verite variety in the jungles of madagascar and so on. these chimps and gorillas get together and ponder over strange insects, they while away a morning and an afternoon fishing ants out of an ant hill with little sticks - no easy feat as you can see the little chimp working on his ant fishing skills. they like to steal stuff and get away with it. they work out who gets to eat first and so on. just monkeys. they don't go to church, they don't feel too guilty about this and that. one big guy gets out of hand, he gets told off so he backs off for a while.

they even get drunk i am not shitting you off fermenting fruits and so on.  sometimes the big guys like to run back and forth and stomp and pound things and in general cause a lot of excitement and respect for the noise making.

i like to know what people are doing and how they are doing it. i think i get what Ginger is driving at, what John Gatto is driving at, and pirate too: the brainwash institution. it's like a fuck of a bad dog trainer who teaches a poor dog all sorts of useless tricks like how to show up on time and which fork to use. alas for all my mother's trouble, i still don't get the dessert fork thing. i messed it up on Thanksgiving at someone else's house. i got a little red-faced I suspect.

like I was saying in this other post about time torture, i kinda think that gets in there and pretends to be some basic instinct: rush and worry, then some of us crash having been too severely subjected to hateful rush and worry and perpetuating in our spirits such dreadful lessons...  the seasons do things for our instincts naturally when required. suddenly in October we get some cold days and people are harvesting, people are putting up what they need, running around, they don't know exactly why.

i think it is worthwhile to be curious. dragonfly, you want to watch your cats i think that is exactly the medicine you need. i don't want to be told when or anything. i think in my spirit i am in some ways still waking up on a school day or on a Straight day. some of the damage is done by all those days waking up too early day after day and under heavy time and other demands to make your body and mind do what somebody else says to do that doesn't even make sense with your own talents and heart, like are you good at beading, making blankets, building lodges, making knives and other tools, and art, entering the divine. are you good at gossip, are you good at spying, are you good at tracking. see, i think monkeys wake up and they are really glad. anyways, that is why it is fascinating to watch them and cats and dogs. they don't pace around wondering what to do with their day, fretting the time and all. that anyone does could well be proof of a perversion in their training.

Offline teachback

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2005, 08:37:00 AM »
Oh no, not a dark motive. I said I believe it is for the greater good of the world as a whole. That what goes down, must come up.

I like your optimism, but who you tryin' to jive w/ that cosmic debris? :lol:

Offline teachback

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2005, 08:44:00 AM »
On 2005-12-14 21:57:00, Withdraw wrote:

"Oh no, not a dark motive. I said I believe it is for the greater good of the world as a whole. That what goes down, must come up. I do not fully understand it myself. I just believe it will bring us into a new way of percieving the past and oppression. I merely believe it is part of growth. That is not a dark motive or conspiracy at all, but an intense lesson of truth and mis-truth. A training session of how people can learn to weild the truth and effect change with accuracy and effectivness, simply, with-out harming others."

So...uh...back to the subject of prescribed meds...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2005, 08:46:00 AM »
i still don't get the dessert fork thing. i messed it up on Thanksgiving at someone else's house. i got a little red-faced I suspect.

:rofl: :wave: