Author Topic: Death due to Restraint at Star Ranch RTC- Ingram, Tx  (Read 26082 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Death due to Restraint at Star Ranch RTC- Ingram, Tx
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2005, 11:37:00 AM »
On 2005-12-22 08:15:00, justamomintx wrote:

"My son attended Star Ranch last summer. He had a really positive experience, following a year of extreme emotional outbursts and police intervention at school (he's 12 now). He has Asperger's Syndrome.

The staff at Star Ranch never physically restrained him, and took great care to help him learn to deal with his emotions. We were looking forward to sending him back for two weeks next year, BUT....so many factors; like, how do you really know, in a camp designed for children with behavioural difficulties, what the staff is trained to do (beyond what they tell and show you)? What SHOULD they have done with an aggressive boy who was harming himself? What about all the kids who have been helped at that camp? Not to mention the 10 years they've served kids in the residential center and school.

I don't know about anyone else, but not that many camps offer help to kids that aren't "the norm". My son had about -0- options for camp; but he went to Star Ranch, learned self-control and responsibility and independence, and was never punished. He had some restrictions on his time when he wouldn't cooperate.

He got to fish, swim, care for animals and learned new skills every day.

He came back a different, more mature and happier boy. So, now what?

Now we look for a new camp, I guess. It is really a tragedy for so many people, beginning with poor Christening.

Thanks for hearing my side."

Well, consider yourself lucky.  They have kid killers on staff there.  You just got plain old lucky that your son was never restrained and didn't fall victim to an illegal restraint.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline MADMOM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2005, 11:53:00 AM »
HAVE YOU SEEN ANY INFORMATION RELEASED ON THE "STAFFER" THAT DID THIS?  THE NEWS SAID THAT HE WAS AN EMPLOYEE OF 7 YEARS WITH THEM.  NOBODY IS WILLING TO RELEASE THE NAME.  IF THERE IS A POLICE REPORT IS THAT NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION?  SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT..... AND JUST THINK, THE OWNERS OF THE RANCH ARE ALL OVER THE TV STATING THAT THEY ARE SUPPORTING THE "STAFFER" THAT DID THIS... GREAT PLACE!

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2005, 12:34:00 PM »
On 2005-12-22 08:53:00, MADMOM wrote:

"HAVE YOU SEEN ANY INFORMATION RELEASED ON THE "STAFFER" THAT DID THIS?  THE NEWS SAID THAT HE WAS AN EMPLOYEE OF 7 YEARS WITH THEM.  NOBODY IS WILLING TO RELEASE THE NAME.  IF THERE IS A POLICE REPORT IS THAT NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION?  SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT..... AND JUST THINK, THE OWNERS OF THE RANCH ARE ALL OVER THE TV STATING THAT THEY ARE SUPPORTING THE "STAFFER" THAT DID THIS... GREAT PLACE!"
I think whenever there is a tragic death, of any type, all the people involved and the ones who witnessed the event should be given support.  Especially if you were directly involved.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2005, 02:18:00 PM »
Or maybe that kid should have been given support instead of being murdered. Just a thought.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2005, 04:00:00 PM »
On 2005-12-22 11:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Or maybe that kid should have been given support instead of being murdered. Just a thought. "
Oh thats awlful, no one said he was murdered.  Where did you hear that?  That couselor must feel bad enough as it is, you shouldnt say things like that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2005, 04:42:00 PM »
Kid killers.   Hmmm....I haven't seen anything from anyone else regarding the reason that boy was at Star Ranch in the first place.  His father was a wife abuser and his mother abandoned her children (3 children, under 12).  The boy was at Star Ranch because CPS could not place him in foster care.  How many other children have gone through Star Ranch unharmed?  It is NOT a boot camp, like many other facilities.  
I am amazed at how Anonymous is so sure of the facts without further information.  
I am waiting for the Grand Jury to convene and come to a decision.  In the meantime I don't have all the facts.  As far as considering myself lucky that my child wasn't killed at Star Ranch: I think that's a really harsh and mean thing to say.

Offline justamomintx

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2005, 04:44:00 PM »
That was my post, above, in response to another "Anonymous".  Sorry.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »
I think that's a really harsh and mean thing to say.

::crybaby::  ::crybaby::  ::crybaby::  ::crybaby::  ::crybaby::  ::bangin::

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2005, 05:37:00 PM »
On 2005-12-22 13:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-12-22 11:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Or maybe that kid should have been given support instead of being murdered. Just a thought. "

Oh thats awlful, no one said he was murdered.  Where did you hear that?  That couselor must feel bad enough as it is, you shouldnt say things like that."

hmmm...  what is it again when one person kills another by gross negligence (like an illegal restraint hold - asphyxia)?  oh yeah...  negligent homicide.

They don't have murderers, they just have people who kill kids.   :silly:
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2005, 05:58:00 PM »
hmmm... what is it again when one person kills another by gross negligence (like an illegal restraint hold - asphyxia)? oh yeah... negligent homicide.

Are you making this up as you go along? gross negligence, illegal restraint  You just writing words down from an old murder mystery novel?

Why not shot and thrown out of a 50 story window in Singapore after being kidnapped by the Iraqi mafia?

None of what you say has been mentioned by anyone associated with the event.

Check the first post on this thread, there is a link to the original article, I dont believe the investigation has been completed yet

Offline MADMOM

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2005, 07:28:00 PM »
I AM SURE THAT THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE  THAT WORK FOR AND EVEN THOSE THAT ARE ASSOCIATED WITH THE STAR RANCH THAT ARE FEELING VERY PROTECTIVE OF THEIR REPUTATION AS WELL AS THE CHILDREN THAT ARE STILL THERE....HOWEVER, THE TRUTH IS VERY CLEAR.  THERE IS A DEAD CHILD. HE WAS NOT ABLE TO BREATH. HE WAS FRIGHTENED. HE WAS ON RISPERDAL, ZOLOFT, LITHIUM, IMIPRAMINE AND DEPAKOTE.  HE WAS A CONFUSED LITTLE BOY. HE DID NOT WANT TO BE SEPERATED FROM HIS OLDER BROTHER AND HE CLEARLY SAID TO THE COURTS THAT HE DID NOT WANT TO BE ADOPTED.  BUT HEY, LETS ALL FEEL SORRY FOR THE MYSTERY STAFF MEMBER THAT FELT LIKE HE WAS GOING TO TEACH THIS YOUNG MAN A THING OR TWO.  THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION FOR SUCH AN ACT OF CRUELTY.  UNFORTUNATELY, THE MURDERER WILL BE THE ONLY ONE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.  WHERE WAS HIS AD LITEM, MR. GREGORY RICHARDS (280 THOMPSON DRIVE SUITE B BOERNE, TX  78006)?  HE WAS PAID BY THE COURTS TO REPRESENT THIS CHILD IN COURT.  HE WAS SUPPOSE TO TELL THE COURTS IN THEIR LAST HEARING THAT MIKEY DID NOT WANT TO BE SEPERATED FROM HIS BROTHER.  HE WAS MIKEYS ONLY VOICE IN THE COURT ROOM.  WHERE WAS THE CASA REPRESENTATIVE (MARY JANE MCEWEN  P.O. BOX 290965 KERRVILLE, TX  78029)?  WHEN WAS HER LAST VISIT TO CHECK ON MIKEY?  HOW MANY TIMES HAD SHE MET HIM.  I WONDER IF ANYBODY EVER REALLY SAT DOWN (BESIDES A COUNSELOR OR PSYC. PAID BY MEDICAID) AND ASKED MIKEY WHAT HE LIKED TO DO?  WHAT IS HIS FAVORITE NFL TEAM?  DOES HE HAVE A CRUSH ON ANY GIRLS?  WHAT IS HIS FAVORITE COLOR?  OR JUST SIMPLY SAY TO HIM WITH A HUG "EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT".  
YES, ANONYMOUS....THIS WAS A MURDER.

Offline justamomintx

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2005, 07:40:00 PM »
Murder.  Do you think the people at Star Ranch planned to assasinate this one child?  How does "MADMOM" have all this information?
I think she has a not-very-hidden agenda.
Did anyone else notice that the San Antonio paper used, as its expert, a quote from a Scientology anti-psychiatry group?
Interesting...
I just think ALL the information should come out. Not just a one-sided representation of what people WISH had happened or surmise happened.  Actual facts.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »
On 2005-12-22 16:40:00, justamomintx wrote:

"Murder.  Do you think the people at Star Ranch planned to assasinate this one child?  How does "MADMOM" have all this information?

I think she has a not-very-hidden agenda.

Did anyone else notice that the San Antonio paper used, as its expert, a quote from a Scientology anti-psychiatry group?

Interesting...

I just think ALL the information should come out. Not just a one-sided representation of what people WISH had happened or surmise happened.  Actual facts."

What does psychiatry have to do with suffocating a child to death?  I'm confusede as to why you make this association.

Maybe they're just anti-kid-killing.  That sounds fine to me.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline MADMOM

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2005, 08:19:00 PM »
ALRIGHT ANONYMOUS.... YOU GUESSED IT.  I HAVE AN AGENDA AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU.  I OBTAINED THIS INFORMATION AT THE DISTRICT CLERKS OFFICE IN KERR COUNTY COURTHOUSE.  IT WAS VERY EASY TO GET.  THEY ARE ALL OPEN RECORDS.  MY AGENDA IS TO SHUT DOWN ALL TREATMENT FACILITIES THAT USE DRUGS TO TREAT CHILDREN.  I WANT EVERY PERSON ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE ABUSE AND HARM THAT THESE CHILDREN GO THROUGH.  I AM NOT SURE IF THAT NEEDS TO BE MADE ANY CLEARER... JUST LET ME KNOW AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO CLARIFY.  AS FOR THE GROUP OUT OF AUSTIN THAT YOU WERE REFERING TO... SO WHAT IF THEY ARE AN ANTI PSYC ORGANIZATION.  I WISH THERE WERE MORE OF THEM AROUND.  MAYBE MIKEY WOULD STILL BE HERE.  AND NO.... I DO NOT THINK THAT ANYBODY WOKE UP IN THE MORNING PLANNING ON KILLING A CHILD.  THAT MY NEW FOUND FRIEND WOULD BE MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE.  THIS WAS INFACT, NEGLEGENT HOMICIDE.

Offline MADMOM

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2005, 08:19:00 PM »
ALRIGHT ANONYMOUS.... YOU GUESSED IT.  I HAVE AN AGENDA AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU.  I OBTAINED THIS INFORMATION AT THE DISTRICT CLERKS OFFICE IN KERR COUNTY COURTHOUSE.  IT WAS VERY EASY TO GET.  THEY ARE ALL OPEN RECORDS.  MY AGENDA IS TO SHUT DOWN ALL TREATMENT FACILITIES THAT USE DRUGS TO TREAT CHILDREN.  I WANT EVERY PERSON ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE ABUSE AND HARM THAT THESE CHILDREN GO THROUGH.  I AM NOT SURE IF THAT NEEDS TO BE MADE ANY CLEARER... JUST LET ME KNOW AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO CLARIFY.  AS FOR THE GROUP OUT OF AUSTIN THAT YOU WERE REFERING TO... SO WHAT IF THEY ARE AN ANTI PSYC ORGANIZATION.  I WISH THERE WERE MORE OF THEM AROUND.  MAYBE MIKEY WOULD STILL BE HERE.  AND NO.... I DO NOT THINK THAT ANYBODY WOKE UP IN THE MORNING PLANNING ON KILLING A CHILD.  THAT MY NEW FOUND FRIEND WOULD BE MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE.  THIS WAS INFACT, NEGLEGENT HOMICIDE.