Author Topic: ? about RTC  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
? about RTC
« on: August 02, 2008, 07:10:25 PM »
I have a question, and not sure how to explain. I hope this isn't too confusing.

My son who is 15, and has numerous problems, is flunking school, is socially unacceptable. The school and his therapist have strongly suggested that he needs to be in a residential treatment center. I don't have custody of him. He lives with my ex.

He is getting to be a bit much to handle, but I am not sure I can handle him being in RTC.

Here is a list of the dx's that I can think of right now:
ADHD, no impulse control, ODD, no cause and effect, aspergers, manic depression, bipolar. I know there is more just can't think.

Can someone please share their experiences? Does anyone know how this works?  Actually I've never heard of it before.

I'm not sure how I stumbled across this website.

Thanks so much.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: ? about RTC
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 07:14:54 PM »
Fail troll is fail.

CAPTCHA: FAGUZ

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 07:27:32 PM »
Read through the various threads.  Most people here believe that RTCs are dangerous and ineffective.  It's probably going to get nasty around here as this is a topic that brings out the best and the worst in people.  This is the only uncensored forum related to the Troubled Teen Industry.  The huge majority of sites are marketing arms of the programs themselves and are heavily censored and edited to only reflect their POV.  Here, all are welcome.  Granted, most here are against programs but the opportunity is here to debate and discuss without fear of censorchip.  Unfortunately, that also means that anything goes.  There are a lot of us who are angry about what happened to us in the name of treatment and help and we can get pretty nasty sometimes.  If you can look past that and find the valuable information here I believe you'll come to the conclusion that an RTC would be the LAST place that a kid like you've described should be.

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 10:33:27 PM »
From the symptoms/diagnoses you've descibed (ADHD, no impulse control, ODD, no cause and effect, aspergers, manic depression, bipolar) he sounds like a pretty typical 15 year old boy. Imprisonment in a RTC would be just about the worst thing to do to him. If they already have a specific RTC in mind, let us know and maybe some survivors can fill you in about the place.
<&/PV>
[size=85]"that protester guy is still coming"[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 01:19:59 AM »
With all these illnesses I would properly ask for a new doctor, if your present one hasn't committed him to a hospital this very minute.

Second of all it would be a smart move to have the doctor diagnozed.

Take some time off and do something together with your son.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 07:17:45 AM »
Thanks for the information. I have been calling DAN doctors and actually found someone in Dallas Texas that is going to try to help me out with diet and vitamins. It wasn't that hard to talk my ex out of sending him. We've both heard some horror stories about boot camps here in AZ.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 08:43:09 AM »
Quote from: "Just in case"
Granted, most here are against programs but the opportunity is here to debate and discuss without fear of censorchip.

You are so stupid, you don't even know how to spell CENSORSHIP. Are you still in the third grade, or just brain damaged?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 04:04:57 PM »
Quote from: "You=Stupid"
Quote from: "Just in case"
Granted, most here are against programs but the opportunity is here to debate and discuss without fear of censorchip.

You are so stupid, you don't even know how to spell CENSORSHIP. Are you still in the third grade, or just brain damaged?

Is that all you've got?  Really?  That's pretty weak.  You chose to point out an obvious TYPO, instead of addressing the issue.  How interesting.  And childish.

Offline taureana

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 02:55:31 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Thanks for the information. I have been calling DAN doctors and actually found someone in Dallas Texas that is going to try to help me out with diet and vitamins. It wasn't that hard to talk my ex out of sending him. We've both heard some horror stories about boot camps here in AZ.

Diet and vitamins - supplements - is a good way to go.  My sister started working with a company this past April and has noticed a huge change in herself since taking the supplements.

Basically, you swab the inside of your cheek and send off your DNA for analysis and they formulate dietary supplements based on your DNA.  They're using somewhere like 100 different organic ingredients with a possibility of 177,000 different combinations, so you know that it is specific to your DNA.  I sent my DNA out last week and I can't wait for my supplements to come in.

If you'd like more information, check out the website at http://www.mygenewize.com/kelly.

Best wishes regarding your son.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 08:19:54 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"

My son who is 15, and has numerous problems, is flunking school, is socially unacceptable.

I read that as fucking school, and was like "huh that doesn't make sense". So then I read it again and was like "duh!"

What is "socially unacceptable" mean? I just laughed after typing that, what an insulting thing to label a child.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 10:46:00 AM »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 12:05:48 AM »