Author Topic: Early withdrawal  (Read 15387 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2005, 04:47:00 PM »
lol, buzzkill!  Perhaps it is because we want to give back a little of what we were given, and help others to transform their lives as we have.  No, I don't plan on working for wwasp, rather it is my goal to open my own school.  It's interesting how I have learned much of what you call program jargon throughout my University education.  Theories taught in the program and the seminars are surely reinforced by various theories found within the breadth of social sciences.

- proudgrad!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2005, 05:07:00 PM »
Stop dodging the questions and saying a bunch of unsubstantiated bullshit, 'proudgrad'. Prove what you have to say!

For one you cant even demonstrate what you were given, or how it was given to you, and secondly you havent enunciated what the jargon is or what it has to do with a "university education" nor what theories were taught and how they were reinforced, or what they are.

Vague bullshit that is assumed to be true doesnt work - especialy when it comes out of the mouth of a manipulated person such as yourself... who most definitely does not have a Doctorate and thus cant speak on yourself.

Cite some sources! Surely you know how to do that in your "university education"  :wink:

Every act of a delegated authority, contrary to the tenor of the commission under which it is exercised, is void. No legislative act, therefore, contrary to the Constitution, can be valid. To deny this, would be to affirm, that the deputy is greater than his principal; that the servant is above his master; that the representatives of the people are superior to the people themselves; that men acting by virtue of powers, may do not only what their powers do not authorize, but what they forbid."
--Alexander Hamilton    

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 05:30:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 13:47:00, Anonymous wrote:

"lol, buzzkill!  Perhaps it is because we want to give back a little of what we were given, and help others to transform their lives as we have.  No, I don't plan on working for wwasp, rather it is my goal to open my own school.  It's interesting how I have learned much of what you call program jargon throughout my University education.  Theories taught in the program and the seminars are surely reinforced by various theories found within the breadth of social sciences.

- proudgrad! "
what a fucking idiot.  have you ever noticed that the most misguided program freaks always want to open their "own school"?  i think they view it as a money-making lark and they have some twisted fantasies about being in control of other people.  pretty sick.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 05:55:00 PM »
Nihilanthic,
         Surely I don't have a doctorate huh?  I'm sorry to inform you that while I have not yet completed my doctorate i have been accepted into an Ivy League University where I will do so.  Guess what the topic of my dissertation will be!  Yep, you've guessed it right, "Reducing Juvenile Recidivism: Evaluating the Effect of Long Term Residential Treatment Centers."  In case any of you are unaware recidivism is defined as: "A tendency to lapse into a previous pattern of behavior."  You're correct in that I cannot yet guarantee whatever the overall effects will be, at the conclusion of my research however I hypothesize that the recidivism rate of those who have graduated from residential treatment centers will be lower than those "troubled" teens who either never had the opportunity to attend a program or were pulled before completion.  
         I'm not quite sure why some of you seem to have an inability to express yourselves without the use of four letter words; I hope that you do understand that the use of such words as self expression is a outward sign of your inward ignorance!:D

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »
Proudgrad-
You breathe much needed fresh air into this forum. I appreciate your honesty and straight forwardness in explaining your personal experience of treatment. At this moment, my son who just turned 16, is struggling in school and his home life. He has started using drugs regularly, stays out all night and completely disregards my authority. Before you all jump on and call me a bad parent, know this - I have done everything and anything I could for this boy - I don't know how he has turned out the way he has. Perhaps it is his father, I'm not sure I will ever know, me and my son have zero communication. His father lives on the other side of the continent and shows little interest, so that leaves me with little choice. I have decided to look at the program options available, they seem to have really been of help to most students attending. Proudgrad, I would love to hear more about your story. What brought you into the program? What was it like being away from your family for so long? I have so many questions, I appreciate all the input you can provide. My email is [email protected]
Thanks in advance, I'm glad your program experience was a positive one, I hope the same for my son.
Patricia Swiggert  :smile:

Offline Anotherscaredmom

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2005, 06:44:00 PM »
Just be forwarned...as a parent, saying you've tried everything seems to be an open invitation for every disgruntled person to attack you, and it will be among the four letter word variety.  I was accused of smoking crack while I was pregnant and that must be the root of my son's problems.  I have gotten some positive feedback as well, and yet, no one seems to have answers as to what to do about your teen when they are completely disregarding every rule.  As a parent, you are persona non grata to everyone.  The school, the system, other kids and even other parents.  Everyone thinks you must have done a shitty job.  Some folks here would even recommend juvenile detention over any program.  I don't get it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2005, 06:46:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 15:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Proudgrad-

You breathe much needed fresh air into this forum. I appreciate your honesty and straight forwardness in explaining your personal experience of treatment. At this moment, my son who just turned 16, is struggling in school and his home life. He has started using drugs regularly, stays out all night and completely disregards my authority. Before you all jump on and call me a bad parent, know this - I have done everything and anything I could for this boy - I don't know how he has turned out the way he has. Perhaps it is his father, I'm not sure I will ever know, me and my son have zero communication. His father lives on the other side of the continent and shows little interest, so that leaves me with little choice. I have decided to look at the program options available, they seem to have really been of help to most students attending. Proudgrad, I would love to hear more about your story. What brought you into the program? What was it like being away from your family for so long? I have so many questions, I appreciate all the input you can provide. My email is [email protected]

Thanks in advance, I'm glad your program experience was a positive one, I hope the same for my son.

Patricia Swiggert  :smile: "

Sure, send the kid to a program where he will be reminded everyday what it feels like to be unwanted and unloved (by his father) and now his mother, the person who sent him away under the guise of "helping" him cope with lousy parents.

Way to go, Mom.  I hope your son catches on to your diabolical scheme and goes to live with other relatives.  You are the problem and your solution is proof positive that YOU NEED HELP, not your kid.

:roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2005, 06:48:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 15:44:00, famjaztique wrote:

"Just be forwarned...as a parent, saying you've tried everything seems to be an open invitation for every disgruntled person to attack you, and it will be among the four letter word variety.  I was accused of smoking crack while I was pregnant and that must be the root of my son's problems.  I have gotten some positive feedback as well, and yet, no one seems to have answers as to what to do about your teen when they are completely disregarding every rule.  As a parent, you are persona non grata to everyone.  The school, the system, other kids and even other parents.  Everyone thinks you must have done a shitty job.  Some folks here would even recommend juvenile detention over any program.  I don't get it.  "

Well, did you do a shitty job?  Does your kid need a program or do you need therapy?  Most of the time, it's the latter.  Kids that really do need help don't belong in some private lock down prison.  Do you job and get help for your issues.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2005, 06:51:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 13:47:00, Anonymous wrote:

"lol, buzzkill!  Perhaps it is because we want to give back a little of what we were given, and help others to transform their lives as we have.  No, I don't plan on working for wwasp, rather it is my goal to open my own school.  It's interesting how I have learned much of what you call program jargon throughout my University education.  Theories taught in the program and the seminars are surely reinforced by various theories found within the breadth of social sciences.

- proudgrad! "

you remind me of this other program troll here a while back that said they were obtaining a degree in law so they could defend WWASP and other similar programs forever..  ::ftard:: mine as well rid yourself of this poison while youre young...

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2005, 07:17:00 PM »
Sure nuff, proud grad?
Your Own Program!
Well, I can believe that easy enough.
I can also easily believe you'll be getting your seed money from "uncle" Bobby; and as he'll want to protect and encourage the success of the investment, no doubt he'll kindly have TeenHelp, and the large net work of program parents, recruiting for you - Shoot - if you play your cards right, he might even send you a pack of upper levels from one of his own programs to help get you started.
Might even give you a car to drive.
Corse - he'd likely expect a percentage of your enrollment fees - but it would be Your program, not wwasps.
Besides, aren't they are All independently owned :roll:

So - you say you speak the same "language" you learned in the program, during your higher educational experience?
Well, I suppose its possible. Still, I can't say any college student I know (and I know a number of them) has ever used the term "Step Left", or,?Based on results you have exactly what you intended.? And, Certainly not, "Trust the Program" or "Trust the Process" as I'm told they now parrot.

Ya know - I too am glad you feel you were helped.
Really.
But the process that you feel helped you is devastating for many others. And, I still feel in time - say about five years or so out - you'll begin to see more clearly that what "helped" you was not as free of negative side effects as you now proclaim.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2005, 07:18:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 14:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Nihilanthic,

Surely I don't have a doctorate huh?  I'm sorry to inform you that while I have not yet completed my doctorate i have been accepted into an Ivy League University where I will do so.  Guess what the topic of my dissertation will be!  Yep, you've guessed it right, "Reducing Juvenile Recidivism: Evaluating the Effect of Long Term Residential Treatment Centers."  In case any of you are unaware recidivism is defined as: "A tendency to lapse into a previous pattern of behavior."  You're correct in that I cannot yet guarantee whatever the overall effects will be, at the conclusion of my research however I hypothesize that the recidivism rate of those who have graduated from residential treatment centers will be lower than those "troubled" teens who either never had the opportunity to attend a program or were pulled before completion.  

I'm not quite sure why some of you seem to have an inability to express yourselves without the use of four letter words; I hope that you do understand that the use of such words as self expression is a outward sign of your inward ignorance!:D"
ProudGrad -- Dont take it personally this Nihilanthic guy is young, hasnt been fully educated himself and feels threatened by your success.  Once he moves into higher education himself (if he does) he will understand more and start to contribute more personal insight instead of just attacking and brow beating.
I use to be razed by some friends who stayed behind when I went away to college, but when they started taking courses themselves and matured that stuff goes away, Nihilanthic will grow out of it.
hang in there

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2005, 07:53:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 16:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-12-09 14:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Nihilanthic,

I'm not quite sure why some of you seem to have an inability to express yourselves without the use of four letter words; I hope that you do understand that the use of such words as self expression is a outward sign of your inward ignorance!:D"

ProudGrad -- Dont take it personally this Nihilanthic guy is young, hasnt been fully educated himself and feels threatened by your success.  Once he moves into higher education himself (if he does) he will understand more and start to contribute more personal insight instead of just attacking and brow beating.

I use to be razed by some friends who stayed behind when I went away to college, but when they started taking courses themselves and matured that stuff goes away, Nihilanthic will grow out of it.

hang in there"

I second this. The main difference between the ones on here who are open-minded about the issue and those who can't reach beyond the four-letter words as they trash programs and parents seems to be education. Whether they lack any authentic experience or a degree, the one defining characteristic seems to be ignorance. Thanks for the breath of fresh air.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2005, 07:56:00 PM »
The main difference is...

some have been tortured by programs.

and some have not.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2005, 08:19:00 PM »
tortured, hmm thats funny i was in the program for 15 months and never saw anything that even slightly resembled torture

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 17:19:00, Anonymous wrote:

"tortured, hmm thats funny i was in the program for 15 months and never saw anything that even slightly resembled torture"

I did. and many others.