Author Topic: Early withdrawal  (Read 15285 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« on: December 09, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »
Does anybody know if there is a way to get out of the 12 month contract to these schools? I'm having bad feelings about my daughter at MWA and considering early withdrawal. Am I stuck paying for 90 - 120 days tuition if I pull her early??? Are there any loopholes??
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 11:54:00 AM »
Check with your attorney - but I would say, If MWA has not provided the services and quality of care you were lead to expect, then you can rightly argue the contract was fraudulent.

I would suggest if you are unhappy with the situation you go and get your daughter.

Arrive unanounced, Take a camera and a tape recorder and document everything.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 11:58:00 AM »
On 2005-12-09 08:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Does anybody know if there is a way to get out of the 12 month contract to these schools? I'm having bad feelings about my daughter at MWA and considering early withdrawal. Am I stuck paying for 90 - 120 days tuition if I pull her early??? Are there any loopholes??

"

Not a lawyer but ...

Did they misrepresent anything?  Contracts based on misrepresentation are not enforceable.

Did you pay upfront?  You are not in such a good bargaining position.  You will have to claim the money off them rather than the other way round.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 12:01:00 PM »
perhaps rather than look for an "easy way out" you should remain a commited parent, I am a graduate of a wwasp program and I can assure you that during my experience there not only was I kept safe and well cared for, but it also greatly changed my life.  If you have any question at all feel free to post them and I will respond asap!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 12:01:00 PM »
In any case, your daughter's safety should be your top priority.  It should override all monetary considerations.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 12:03:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 09:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

"perhaps rather than look for an "easy way out" you should remain a commited parent, I am a graduate of a wwasp program and I can assure you that during my experience there not only was I kept safe and well cared for, but it also greatly changed my life.  If you have any question at all feel free to post them and I will respond asap!"

MWA is an "easy way out."  If you are a committed parent you will pull her out now.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 12:54:00 PM »
Id pull the kid out now and make sure your kid is okay, THEN worry about the fucking money.

:roll:

The wretchedness of religion is at once an expression and a protest against real wretchedness. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the feeling of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of unspiritual conditions. It is the opium of the people.
--Karl Marx, German economist and political philosopher

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 01:35:00 PM »
I am planning on getting her. I guess that is another question, what is the best way to approach the situation. Just show up unannounced, with no warning to family rep or school. They no that we have some questions regarding acedemic issues. Has anyone gone through this experience??

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 01:41:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 10:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I am planning on getting her. I guess that is another question, what is the best way to approach the situation. Just show up unannounced, with no warning to family rep or school. They no that we have some questions regarding acedemic issues. Has anyone gone through this experience??"

Just come uannounced. If you'll tell them you're going to disenroll her before going, they'll make up some new reason why you have to wait longer before doing that, or why you have to pay more money, or something like that. It's happened before.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 01:49:00 PM »
Although those on this board never seem to follow it, I personally believe that "honesty is the best policy."  Like I said before I am a graduate of a wwasp school, other than that I assure you that I am in no way employed or affiliated with that company.  My suggestion is to call your family rep and discuss it with them, if you're not satisfied by that answer ask to speak with the director.  I will warn you that i've have seen over and over again that kids pulled from the programs often are worse then they were before the program, for the simple reason that they feel that they have won, they have beat their parents.  It was obviously a very difficult decision to send your daughter to MWA, and I'm sure there were several underlying reasons for that decision, contrary to the belief of some of the "anti-program" posters this decision to send your child to the program is a great sign of commitment, not only to your child, but to your overall family wellness.     Again if you would like to speak to me personally just post an e-mail adress to contact you at, and I would be glad to e-mail you, or send you my phone number so that I can answer any further questions!

-Proudgrad!

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 02:40:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 10:49:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Although those on this board never seem to follow it, I personally believe that "honesty is the best policy."  Like I said before I am a graduate of a wwasp school, other than that I assure you that I am in no way employed or affiliated with that company.  My suggestion is to call your family rep and discuss it with them, if you're not satisfied by that answer ask to speak with the director.  I will warn you that i've have seen over and over again that kids pulled from the programs often are worse then they were before the program, for the simple reason that they feel that they have won, they have beat their parents.  It was obviously a very difficult decision to send your daughter to MWA, and I'm sure there were several underlying reasons for that decision, contrary to the belief of some of the "anti-program" posters this decision to send your child to the program is a great sign of commitment, not only to your child, but to your overall family wellness.     Again if you would like to speak to me personally just post an e-mail adress to contact you at, and I would be glad to e-mail you, or send you my phone number so that I can answer any further questions!

-Proudgrad!"

The graduate of WWASPS here that post by name are against it. Remember Ashley Perrigaud? She posts as "perrigaud" and is totally open about the WWASPS programs she was in, the bullshit, and the seminars. You, however, are full of vague bullshit and cant openly discuss anything, and try to drag it into email so you cant be bothered with awful things such as "the truth" or "common sense".

Also, this little gem right here sheds a lot of light onto your mentality...
I will warn you that i've have seen over and over again that kids pulled from the programs often are worse then they were before the program, for the simple reason that they feel that they have won, they have beat their parents. It was obviously a very difficult decision to send your daughter to MWA, and I'm sure there were several underlying reasons for that decision, contrary to the belief of some of the "anti-program" posters this decision to send your child to the program is a great sign of commitment, not only to your child, but to your overall family wellness.

So, according to you, its a battle of parent vs child, the parent must win (and the child must lose) and for "family wellness" you have to divide the family by locking up the kid somewhere where they are kept as a prisoner. And, anyone who disagrees with this bullshit is merely "anti-program".

What kind of bullshit is that? The childs being abused and mind-fucked in a seminar and the only thing you seem to indicate is that you had it successfully beaten into you that you had to lose, and you had to submit to the program and to your parents, and you had to know your role, is that right? Family wellness is regurgitating the bullshit that comes from the mouth of a facilitator when your "peers" "run your number" or some other humiliating or traumatic mindgame is going on in a seminar that you HAVE to participate in, right?

:wave: dont let the door hit your ass on the way out, it must be sore for being kicked so hard. Then again, its something you should be used to!

Everything in moderation, including moderation.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external-search?tag=circlofmiamithem&keyword=mark+twain&mode=books' target='_new'>Mark Twain

[ This Message was edited by: Nihilanthic on 2005-12-09 11:47 ]
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 02:41:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 10:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I am planning on getting her. I guess that is another question, what is the best way to approach the situation. Just show up unannounced, with no warning to family rep or school. They no that we have some questions regarding acedemic issues. Has anyone gone through this experience??"

Planning on getting her out???

PLANNING?!?!?

Youve been here long enough to know what goes on in these places and youre PLANNING!??!?! I guess if she was on fire youd PLAN to go get a towel or water, or PLAN on calling 911?

Would you PLAN on leaving a building that caught on fire when you got around to it?

GET HER OUT. NOW. If you can afford WWASPS you can afford a plane ticket!

I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will--and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain.
--Gene Roddenberry, Creator of Star Trek

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 02:50:00 PM »
Proud grad - Sure honesty is the best policy.  
You need to preach this message to that program you are so enthralled with.
Suggesting this person consult with the FR and Director is more than a bit naive. Both of these persons are paid to get and keep kids in the program. Honesty is not on their list of priorities.

Concerned parent -
Do not call ahead. Just go. Do record everything.

As for her credits and records - they may try to hold all this - but maybe there are ways to pressure for their release. Consult an attorney. States laws varrie. You might be able to get help from the state in forcing the prompt release of her records. Call the state capitol for information on who might be able to help. You might want to start with the State attorneys office; the department of education, and possibly consumer protection.

You might want to consider taking your daughter to the doctor asap for a full health evaluation.
If there has been a significant shift in her weight, for example - you might want documentation of this. If she has infections that have gone untreated - or injuries untreated - these things need to be documented.

Also, understand that typically, the full account of conditions in such a program are only slowly revealed. It can take many months before some things are related. It can be a very slow process for some kids.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 03:25:00 PM »
Nihilanthic,

Yes in the battle between parent and "out of control" child, the parent MUST win.  This is not the everyday battle of what your child wears, or what show there watching on TV; this is a life and death battle.  Webster's dictionary defines parent as: "A guardian; a protector." and the act of parenting as,? To act as a parent to; raise and nurture."  Sending a child to a program is fulfilling this very principle, it's taking that child life and well being in to your own hands, yes that battle must be won.   The role of a parent is to be somewhat like a supervisor, to raise and teach your child to go in the right direction, to make proper choices, and excel in all they do; it is not the role of a parent to merely be a friend, or to helplessly watch their child head down a road of destruction.  
        As for why I post anonymously on this board rather than post my name is two-fold.  First of all due to the character of many who post on this board I do not feel it would be in the best interest of myself or my family to do so for safety concerns.  I would not put in past many of you to show up at my door to cause some type of harm, because the internal anger that many of you experience is clearly revealed through your posts and language.  The second reason is that I plan on sometime in the near future either opening or becoming involved with residential treatment centers for troubled teens.  I truly believe that they are an invaluable tool in the lives of struggling teens, and that they do MUCH more good than harm.  Upon completion of my degree I plan on pursuing a career in this field, and would never want those on this board to create fallacies about myself and my program as they consistently do on the board.

-Proudgrad!

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Early withdrawal
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 03:44:00 PM »
///The second reason is that I plan on sometime in the near future either opening or becoming involved with residential treatment centers for troubled teens. ///

Does this translate to: I'm going to work for WWASPS?

Seems a fairly common scenario - the program grads go to work for the program. It makes sense - where else in the world can they be successful spouting program jargon? Once programmed, it seems the program is the one place they can manage to function. Dealing with the un-programmed is probably very un-comfortable for you. Far better to remain where everyone speaks the same language . . .