Author Topic: Good Friends/Reunions Only  (Read 12381 times)

Offline ChrisL

• View Profile
    • http://chrislewiscpa.com
Good Friends/Reunions Only
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2005, 09:40:00 PM »
OOOpps, that was me,

Chris
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
hris Lewis
Seed 1973 -1975
AA 1991 -

Offline Jupiter Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2005, 07:52:00 AM »
"Any group, culture or organization that discourages dissent or disagreement tends to go bad at some point, however good the original intent was."

Exactly......History has shown this over and over again.  If you throw a frog into a pot of boiling water, he will try and get out, BUT if you put him in and slowly heat the water, he will stay until dead.  Are we not so different?  To be thrown in an obvious cult and see all that is wrong from the start, we run like hell, our vision is clear.  If not we  stay until it very slowly shows it's ugly head, we tend to justify the shortcomings, little by little, until we can no longer be objective or see clearly.

I personally think the word cult fits, it denied freedom of independent thought.  There was NO agreeing to disagree that I EVER witnessed there.  I know somewhere on the boards it was mentioned that they didn't like the word cult because it had racist connotations. Yes it does, it has very  much in common with racism....fear and ignorance.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2005, 11:26:00 AM »
I just read thru this thread again. Maggie's idea of a thread where we just socialize got horribly derailed, and I share in the responsibility.
d
I am going to start a new thread called "Maggies friend thread" where all discussion of the seed, negative or positive, will be moved to this thread.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »
Earlier in this thread, I said
I'd rather do that whole sick scene again for just one night than get the continual ass kicking and harrassment I'd get for the crime of trying to escape my ever loving Group.

Then T... woops! Ft. Lauderdale, who must never ever be named for some damned reason I can't understand, said:

On 2005-12-09 09:15:00, Ft. Lauderdale wrote:

But that gives you no excuse to say that anyone that had a good experience with the seed was in your words "mind fucked".  I never "mind fucked" with anyone and I resent that whole tone and personally find it quite offensive.  

Actually if anyone is stuck in the past.  It appears to be you.  This whole thing is getting old fast.  I think you love to hate and you want to hate.  I guess you kinda get off on it.  Why else would you rip to shreads anyone that has anything good to say about their experience.  I quite frankly have had enough of your crap.  It just repeats itself over and over and over.  I really hope you some day come to terms with your issues.  You definatly have them weather you want to see it or not.  I wish you well.  I think you really need help.  I hope you get the help you need.  

Yeah! That. Just exactly that is what I had to finally run from. Here, it doesn't hurt at all. It's just words on a web page. There's no threat behind it. I don't have to thank you for it, pretend you're right or that I'm a horrible person or wrong or mistaken. You can't start me over or induce Group to keep on harrassing me till I break down.

Ft. Lauderdale, maybe you need a little help? Marshall nailed it, I think. It's not the individuals so much as the organization. Blame the game, not the players, ya' know? Don't take it so damned personally, alright? I'm trying to help you, darlin! Really and for true!

I remember some good times. I remember some good singing, some playing in the pool w/ my brother and his newcs, the New Crusty Nostrils. And I remember Art's charisma. He really was a charming man. No wonder so many people bought in. But there is an undeniable dark side to it all.

Now, how can you come around to a point where you don't get all bent out of shape every time someone mentions any of the negative aspects of it all? What can we do to help you get your head straight about it?

The orientation of the public school in and of itself disenfranchises the poor.  It suggests that only the student can be held responsible for failure; the institution, because of its position and strength in society, is unassailable.
--Rodger Hurley

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »
Maybe he needs a refresher.

:grin:

Offline marshall

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »
Greg, when I saw this thread I thought it was just for socializing and touching base with old friends too. Great idea. But it seems Magpie should share at least some of the responsibility for it being derailed herself. I get the impression that she and others perhaps really wanted a thread where they were free to talk only positive, pro-seed pov's without being contradicted by any dissent or disagreement here. Strictly party-line stuff. (if you go back and read some of the posts it wasn't just socializing, it was about how wonderful the program was.) That is exactly what we had at the Seed itself. One side only. I think it's fine if you and Ginger want to provide such a thread (free of any anti-seed sentiment) but it shouldn't be 'disguised' as a reunion-socializing thread, imo. Wouldn't we then need an all anti-seed thread where any pro-seed comments are deleted? Isn't this the same way of thinking that the program itself engendered?
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2005, 09:22:00 PM »
So it's not just me.

Cult: A religion with no political power.
--Tom Wolfe, American author

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2005, 04:27:00 AM »
Most of your post are garbage. You were not in the program but you have more to say about than anyone else. It is tiring and annoying. How can you possibly tell someone else what their experience was like when you never experienced it yourself ? And please dont give us you used to make peanut butter sandwiches and go to open meetings crap.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2005, 08:31:00 AM »
No- I think just you & Marshall.  Greg will go back and forth depending on if he relives his crush on Maggie or not...

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2005, 08:41:00 AM »
Antigen - For all intense & purpose I think you are the one that loves control why else would one look for power on this and all the other fornit sites.  You seem to be the Queen baby.  All hail the chief, big dog.  If one lacks in certain areas then one tries to makes up for them in other areas.  It's really kinda sad.  You are really not so bad, I guess just really looking for a cause something to believe in.  Maybe if you tried not smokin so much of your stuff, you could see a little clearer.  But then all the hate would prrobably surface.  You don't work for the postal service, do you?  All in all I enjoyed my involvement with the Seed.  I'm very grateful for the lessons I learned.  I hope you find what your really lookin for.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2005, 10:47:00 AM »
who says it isnt just what she said it was? it seems interesting to apply your view of her inner meaning on it, when that justify's all the bickering in it.

do you ever just want to have a conversation that doesnt have fighting? i mean that as a sincere question. ever come home or go to the office or whever it is and just think, you know for once i'd like to not have an arguement about 'xyz'.  it struck me that that's what this thread was. just chat, etc.

secondly, lets say she does want a pro seed thread. um, who cares??? out of all the threads on this board, one pro-seed no dissension thread is a problem?

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2005, 11:34:00 AM »
For all intensive purposes...Marshall is right.  The friend thread is only for comments devoid of seed topics and diatribes for or against the seed.(luv that seed lingo! :grin:)

There will be noexclusively pro or anti seed threads coming our way in the foreseeable future.  That would go against the intended purpose of this forum.

The friend thread is the friend thread, and yes, Maggie was a hottie!

:grin:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2005, 11:39:00 AM »
On 2005-12-10 18:22:00, Antigen wrote:

"So it's not just me.

"

No, I caught it too. THat is why any seed comments in the friend thread will not be deleted, they will just be moved over here to this thread. Exclusive rants pro or con seed can only be conducted in private messages between two people.  All other comments are subject to having your parade rained on here, in the open forum.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2005, 11:49:00 AM »
On 2005-12-08 10:31:00, Magpie wrote:

"If i say "okay I admit it, we were in a cult" would you leave it alone then?  What the hell are you going to do about it anyway.  I don't plan on starting another program nor does Ft. Laud. or anyone else I know.  Plus, I respect the fact that you think it was a cult, so why can't you respect the fact that I don't.  This is what "agreeing to disagree" means.  I know you think it is and I don't think it was or that it makes any difference.  Sorry!  See you guys can't leave it alone--I thought perhaps I would give this a try but it didn't work.  BYE!"

It sure would be easier for you seed-types if we "left it alone" wouldn't it?

But guess what - your perception of the seed does not change the fact that it was a cult. Sorry  to blow up your happy little christmas- true-believers-only runion, but the facts is what they is and no amount of Tiny Tim wishing is going to change it.  Not being able to go back to Christmas Past to change what we did to each other under the guise of love doesn't make it all goodness and light.

Take your ball and go on home.  When you are strong enough to run with the big dogs, come back out to play. In the meantime, ask Santa to bring you a spine for Christmas so that you might be stong enough to face the new year...

Offline Magpie

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2005, 12:25:00 PM »
"A spine for Christmas" is that what I need, actually I thought it was to be healthy which is what I am asking for?  I feel sorry for you, because you just don't get it and you are so mean spirited.  If I was with you right now, I would take my ball and go home--because it's my choice!