Author Topic: Good Friends/Reunions Only  (Read 12380 times)

Offline Magpie

• View Profile
Good Friends/Reunions Only
« on: December 07, 2005, 09:23:00 AM »
Happy Holidays everyone.  I thought we should start a new section for those of us who are tired of rehashing the same old stuff.  So this section hopefully will be for people who want to reunite with old friends or just talk about their good experiences.  So let's see if people can keep the negative stuff in the other sections and keep this one for good times.  

Since I found this website I have reunited with several old friends and it has been nice to catch up with them.  I am a fan of JU because he has been a good friend to me since I was 15.  I like friends that tell me like it is and not what I want to hear.  I have also been in touch with others and i am so glad you all are doing well. Ft. Laud -- one day I am going to come to Ft. Lauderdale again and go on a boat ride with you.

Take care and I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season.  Magpie
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 10:58:00 AM »
Before people jump on and criticize Maggie for being blind to the flaws of the Seed, I just want to say that I have reconnected with some terrific people thru this website, and they run the range of Seed critics to Seed fans. I think that our opinions matter very much, and we will continue to debate on this site, but hey, we are all people here, and we tried in our youth and in our adulthood to do our best, struggling to help ourselves and others. I am a vocal critic of aspects of the program and will continue to be, but the people that I have reconnected with - Ft. Lauderdale, Jgar, 80s Guy, etc. - as well as people I never new - Marshall, Landy, Marc, etc. are really, really good people, adn in general on this site, I feel we do a good job of respecting one another while being frank and honest in expressing our opinions. I really value that, and in the spirit of the season, I hope it continues.

Walter
ally Gator

Offline jgar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 11:37:00 AM »
Ditto- Cleveland and well said.
:wave:  :wave:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 12:04:00 PM »
Actually, I am one of the old friends Maggie has reconnected with.

Hey Maggie!

:wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 01:01:00 PM »
Maggie,
I must say I do remember you many years ago and am so happy that you are doing great.  I too am friends w/ Ft. Lauderdale.  I also have beautiful memories of the Seed and it will remain in my heart forever.  I know there are some negative things that happended later with certain people but that was not what the Seed stood for.  

I have such beautiful memories of the holidays at the Seed and special friendships that I will always treasure.  

I firmly believe that whatever we go through in life teaches us lessons - be it good or bad.  All of those experiences have given me so much in life that I never would have learned otherwise so I just can't be negative.  However, I do realize and have learned so much after the Seed closed it's doors.  Even coming here once in a while I will still realize things that happened but I don't want to dwell on the negative I just want to learn from it.  

I hope you have a beautiful holiday filled with your loving family.  

Lots of love to you.

Offline Magpie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »
Thanks for the nice note from anonymous.  I wish I knew who you were!  

Just to set the record straight (no pun intended) I am not blind to the problems that people have had or things that they say happened at the Seed at all I am just sick of reading and talking about something I can't change.  I am though happy in my life and just don't share all those views that you all do.

Once again, I think it's really cool that so many of us are successful and are choosing to live a productive life, especially you Greg.  I learn more everyday choosing to be positive than rehashing the old days.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 01:39:00 PM »
Maggie,
Thanks for the positive spin on things.  

It's amazing what Betty Crocker can whip with a few positive ingredients.

Happy Holidays to all.  

Maggie my boat is about to undergo repairs from the hurricane.  It will be ready to go when your in Lauderdale.

Regards to all.  :grin:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 01:49:00 PM »
Thanks Maggie.  I agree with you that constant rehash of negative events is generally not positive.

But, it isn't all negative certainly not from everyone's standpoint, and the  power of this forum to bring understanding and resolve to many people in my opinion outweighs any negativity I may encounter by the 'rehash'.

Just my opinion.

I do think anyone who comes here and finds themselves immersed in negativity needs to rethink the amount of time they spend here.

I also would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for your participation in this forum. This forum is read by far more people than participate, and I receive emails often from these  people who are just beside themselves for finding the forum and for the healing power of the words you people write.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 02:58:00 PM »
Hey Maggie if you don't like a topic don't read about it. How hard is that ?  :smokin:

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »
Hey Maggie...

Did you read the Anonymous poster?

See I told you there are alot of really smart folks that post here.  :grin:  :???:

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 03:15:00 PM »
Hey we don't smoke on this topic either, so please put it out.  Thanks :rofl:

Offline jgar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 03:23:00 PM »
Just for the record, I still regard my years at the Seed in a very positive Light. I still to this day base my life?s foundation on what I learned during that time. The good friends I met during that time was just the icing on the cake. I will not deny that there were some negative aspects but in my opinion the good outweighed the bad.

:grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :roll:  :roll:

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2005, 04:43:00 PM »
All in all, I need to agree.  Many important lessons were learned.  Many friendships were started and nurtured. I did learn how to fight for my life and I learned how to love and care for my fellow man.  I did learn love at the seed.  It would of been nice to say I learned it from my family but I did not.  I did learn how to love my family and that wasn't an easy task, but I'm glad I did.  

I also learned how to juggle (hence Felix juggling)

(That was the only circus act I learned) this was for Greg.[ :grin: [ This Message was edited by: Ft. Lauderdale on 2005-12-07 13:47 ]

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005, 05:58:00 PM »
with all the self promoting of the seed lifestyle and the avoidance of the cult negativities/elephant in the room, it leads me to be  reminded me of this group and specifically,  this thread

Offline Magpie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005, 07:02:00 PM »
I can remember after going through the Seed having so much fun with my friends by doing things that were always thought of as "not cool".  We use to go bowling, played softball, rode our bikes, went boating, we would play Risk or cards until all hours of the night.  

I learned about different religions because I am Catholic and I lived with a Jewish Family--that was interesting.  I started having a more normal childhood at 15 and I started caring about my family and myself and my education.  I started doing all the things I had missed.  And I had a blast.  Of course there were mixed emotions but I can tell you that they are no different than what I see my teens going through.  I had my first friendships with guys and one of my best friends (who was a guy) taught me about different kinds of music, playing guitar, we would go on bike rides, spend time with our families.  I guess if learning to do what I did was because I was in a cult (your opinion Greg), then I would do it all again!  I was in a place that helped me grow up and become the wonderful fun loving adult that I am today.  

And to that other poster that said don't read it if you don't like it--I don't read it--it's the same ole sh__ over and over again.