Author Topic: Good Friends/Reunions Only  (Read 12383 times)

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
Good Friends/Reunions Only
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »
Geese, I thought I was turning into Tom for a second. :grin:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline landyh

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2005, 08:22:00 PM »
On 2005-12-13 09:37:00, Antigen wrote:

"One word, Landy: Tulia

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense

--Buddha

"

Ginger,
I think we probably can find some common ground on this kind of thing. What happened in Tulia was despicable. I wonder why our country doesn't get duly alarmed over things like this including Waco and Ruby Ridge. Can we some it up by parphrasing a portion of an old quote? "When they came for me there was no one left". On the other hand if you go back to my original comment to which you replied you might notice I was just trying to take your advice about lightening up. :wink: Listen if you want to look at the slow erosion of our freedoms take a look at the DUI laws around the country and how they allow "legal" exceptions to due process under the law. Prior restraint, denial of a trial by a jury of your peers. This crap is all taking place write here in our sweet country because people think well we really need those drunks off the road anyway. If you want to really get scared go to Association of Motor Vehichle Department Administrators and read what their long term goals are. Doesn't anybody see the implications of a National linked Database of Driver Licenses all tied to a social security number and compulsory for State compliance by ties to funding mandated by TEA. Notice that your kids if you have them probably didn't make it out of the hospital without a social security number and certainly won't make it to a publicly funded school without one. Its Ok now to incarcerate sexual offenders who have already served their time for there crimes but its all Ok because it isn't you. Not yet anyway. I haven't even touched on the implications to our rights of the Patriot Act. To sum it up I think it was Franklin who said " if you give up liberty for security you have neither liberty nor security" All I can say is make sure your papers are in order and with you.
Whatever thou put his hand to do it with all thy might\" King Solomon

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2005, 10:37:00 PM »
On 2005-12-13 17:22:00, landyh wrote:

I wonder why our country doesn't get duly alarmed over things like this

How often do you wonder? How long have you wondered? And have any ideas occured to you? I have a few. One common thread is, of course, there's always a boogieman. Drugs are a big one. It's a beautiful thing because drug use is an intractible condition. Not a huge problem, usually. Except when a population is subject to inescapable stress, it's usually just a minor side note as social problems go. How convenient, eh? You take a place like Tulia where almost everyone's poor. And the poorest are black (not by coincidence) And so they'll be more tempted to engage in drug trade and, maybe, in excessive use, too.

But, regardless, drug use is, was and ever shall be everywhere. Wanna indict a group for any reason? Any reason at all; cause they're young, cause they're black, cause they're poor and there's nothing to be done about that (not that we're willing to do, anyway), cause they're RAVErs who sing and dance about anarchy and other scary stuff? Any damned reason will do, just bring in the drug dogs. They'll find some, guaranteed.

So, initially, when the story broke, few questioned the lunacy of the idea that a little panhandle town like Tulia, with one gas station, could support a market for over 40 drug kingpins. Least ways, not till that one white guy spoke up, then hooked up w/ some activists and ACLU types, and a newspaperman or three decided to ride that story to the end of the line. Then, of course, it was obvious. A lot of things about that story were obvious fabrications; Tom Coleman, Texas Lawman of the Year???? My Ass!

But initially, why of course it was true. Who would question it? They had photos of the perp walks on the front page of the local paper; a perfect manifestation of that boogieman they'd been reading about and talking about at every damned PTA meeting for decades.

That's why no one raises an eyebrow; they have, for the most part, already accepted the fantasy before the patsy need be chosen. Unless, of course, we have a healthy, free and open debate. Yah know, like in that old Norman Rockwell poster.

Do you support drug prohibition because it finances criminals at home or because it finances terrorists abroad?
--Anonymous

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2005, 01:29:00 PM »
Did Art Barker or anyone ever affiliated with the Seed have anything to do with this?

Do you call what is being posted the Straight board freedom of speech?

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2005, 01:44:00 PM »
Yes, in the sense that we are all graduates or attendees of the seed, or otherwise involved in some manner.

No, Art Barker has been invited to participate thru third party proxies but has not to this date.

And yes, what is occuring in the straight site is freedom of speech, even if you do not like it.

Oh yeah, welcome whoever you are.

Offline landyh

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2005, 10:15:00 PM »
On 2005-12-13 19:37:00, Antigen wrote:

"

On 2005-12-13 17:22:00, landyh wrote:

How often do you wonder? How long have you wondered? And have any ideas occured to you? I have a few.  

There was something comfortable about an America where all but the most serious criminals or our current villain of the time could cross a few state lines and start fresh. That of course is gone. So why since I am not currently involved in anything seriously criminal do I have the most extensive library of anyone I know on alternate identity and puposeful disapearance? Lack of trust  in our system and the direction it is going due to firsthand experience with it. I suppose there are some that think the military focus for the last 2 decades on urban door to door warfare is just to be directed at those outside of our borders unless of course we have a hurricaine or something.
I have thought about it for a long time except I was a little tied up over the last decade or so advocating for my profounding deaf son and others like him as a board member and Vice President for the Alexander G. Bell Association ( Florida Chapter) and running the non-profit parent support  group Sound Approach, Inc. that I founded and directed. So I apologize for not being a stellar activist in the general area of Civil Libeties but  I feel pretty comfortable with the priorities I set.
Whatever thou put his hand to do it with all thy might\" King Solomon

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2005, 12:13:00 AM »
On 2005-12-14 19:15:00, landyh wrote:

So I apologize for not being a stellar activist in the general area of Civil Libeties but I feel pretty comfortable with the priorities I set.

Oh, I never meant it that way! It doesn't really take a lot of activists to guard our freedom. Just a whole lot of people paying attention so we don't get took. I think I'm seeing signs of rumblings and awakenings all over the place. Just curious about that. How many are waking up and how wakeful are we willing to be and to stay?

One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.
--Thomas Brackett Reed

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2005, 12:19:00 AM »
Looky here, there's more evidence of people paying attention. Wanna lay odds on whether this guy gets off? And how about taskforce funding in Mississippi going the way it is in Texas?

I'm very hopeful. The more people get their dander up about this stuff, the better I sleep.

My colleague here at Cato, Radley Balko, blogs in his private capacity as
The Agitator.

He has discovered what appears to be a gross miscarriage of justice in
Mississippi.  Late nite drug raid on an innocent person who, fearing for his
life (police did not announce as they burst in), shoots and kills a cop.
The homeowner is then charged with "murder" and is now on death row.

Because the cop who was killed was the son of the local police chief, and
because of inexperienced lawyer for the defense, the man seems to have been
railroaded.

Details here:
http://www.theagitator.com/archives/026002.php#026002

Thanks to Radley, the case is starting to attract much attention and we
expect even more in the next 2-3 weeks.

Tim Lynch
Cato Institute

It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.
http://lfb.com/?stocknumber=FF7485&code=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson

Offline SurRobinHood

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2005, 08:37:00 AM »
Please pardon me for adding something that may not be considered relevant but being new in here I am befuddled about this thread. Dureing my time in the seed I was never allowed to have any freindships of any kind. I cannot remember the name of a single seedling except for staff. For my 14 months before granting myself freedom there was not one single kind act in my memory. I was treated mearly as baggage to be verbally abused or ignored then passed on. Maybe I was one of the ones just kept around to keep the funding going. The idea of haveing freinds from there seems completely bizzare to me.
ife may be short but it is also very wide, go around the yucky parts when you can.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2005, 09:40:00 AM »
Well, welcome!   Please start a new thread and tell us a bit about your time in the seed..what location, what time frame, etc...

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »
On 2005-12-28 05:37:00, SurRobinHood wrote:

Please pardon me for adding something that may not be considered relevant but being new in here I am befuddled about this thread.

Yeah, I hear ya! Look up some of John Underwood's posts or Ft. Lauderdale's. And there are some others, too. Amazing, isn't it? All these years later and they still seem to get off on the whole thing.

Now, bear in mind that some folks attended a very different Seed than others. At some point, they quit w/ the locked doors and guards and such. It was more like a run-o-the mill cult (like the Krishnas) than a lock down facility. So that explains it for some people. But others, not so much. My own brother is still so far up Art's ass it's tragic. Doesn't even remember the compulsive nature of the whole thing cause he did, after all, get talked into 'voluntarily' signing himself in.

Moralizing, with the force of law or coercion, is a
far greater crime against the constitutional principles of our nation than unauthorized euphoria, regardless of the substance involved, be it chocolate or heroin.
--James