Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Hyde Schools

Help! A close friend mother is about to get sent to Hyde...

(1/2) > >>

Anonymous:
A good friend of mine with no criminal record and good grades in school is about to go through the same thing I went through a couple years ago - a shitty treatment program, Hyde. Although I was sent to a New Dominion knockoff called Discovery School in VA and wasted 14 months of my life, I know that my friend is not the kind of kid who needs to go to a treatment program outside local counseling. In fact, he has been seeing a psychiatrist and told me he's honest with her, but his mother doesn't like the shrink. From the sounds of it, she's been advised by other doctors who have probably never met Dave in person that he is "headed down the wrong path" and Hyde (Maine) is their best option. I cannot stress enough that he is NOT intensive treatment material, let alone Hyde. After reading reviews on Hyde and talking to a friend who went there I feel that I must do everything I can to help him avoid Hyde and stay at home, perhaps intensify psychology and get some family therapy going. His mother has been convinved that I am a terrible person (along with most of his other friends), so I don't know if i can do a lot by talking to her. He's going to the interview in a few days... can ANYONE please throw out some suggestions for my friend to say during the interview to make them reject him? Anything??

please and thankyou
- S

Anonymous:

--- Quote ---On 2005-12-06 20:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

"A good friend of mine with no criminal record and good grades in school is about to go through the same thing I went through a couple years ago - a shitty treatment program, Hyde. Although I was sent to a New Dominion knockoff called Discovery School in VA and wasted 14 months of my life, I know that my friend is not the kind of kid who needs to go to a treatment program outside local counseling. In fact, he has been seeing a psychiatrist and told me he's honest with her, but his mother doesn't like the shrink. From the sounds of it, she's been advised by other doctors who have probably never met Dave in person that he is "headed down the wrong path" and Hyde (Maine) is their best option. I cannot stress enough that he is NOT intensive treatment material, let alone Hyde. After reading reviews on Hyde and talking to a friend who went there I feel that I must do everything I can to help him avoid Hyde and stay at home, perhaps intensify psychology and get some family therapy going. His mother has been convinved that I am a terrible person (along with most of his other friends), so I don't know if i can do a lot by talking to her. He's going to the interview in a few days... can ANYONE please throw out some suggestions for my friend to say during the interview to make them reject him? Anything??

please and thankyou

- S"

--- End quote ---

Hyde accepts nearly everyone who applies.   Possible reasons for the relatively small percentage of rejections: Applicants who say they're unwilling to participate in the mandatory seminars, parents who refuse to identify their own issues that warrant attention (personal growth goals, etc.), applicants who are defiant and simply blame others for their problems and are unwilling to work on their own "attitudes," applicants with major psychiatric issues that require residential treatment.

Anonymous:
What if he told them he was homicidal? Or would that be a bad idea

Anonymous:

--- Quote ---On 2005-12-07 06:10:00, Anonymous wrote:

"What if he told them he was homicidal? Or would that be a bad idea"

--- End quote ---

Saying that you are homicidal would not keep Hyde from admitting you, however if there is total refusal to go to Hyde probably you would not be accepted.

Anonymous:
Really? I figured that if you blatently say you won't go there and you have no problems in the interview, it would just look like you need to go there all the more. I'm going to e-mail his mother and warn her about Hyde, and use reviews from this forum as evidence that she's making a mistake. By the way, are there any other sites similiar to this one where past students/parents share stories on a forum? Thanks
-S

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version