Author Topic: Cowards!  (Read 11302 times)

Offline Ed Davis

• View Profile
Cowards!
« on: December 06, 2005, 05:18:00 PM »
My name is Ed Davis and I graduated from Hyde in 1990.  The character development program at Hyde helped me to discover COURAGE! The courage to stand behind what I say and believe. Obviously, all of you anonymous posters could use a little character development especially in the COURAGE department. Therefore, I challenge all of you to dig deep inside and reveal yourself! Say what you believe, it's a free country, but have some pride and stop being a bunch of cowards. So be heard or go away and stop breathing up all the good air!

Ed Davis    [email protected]

By the way, Hyde did not pay me to write this I just felt like somebody should tell you fleas to put up or shut up!

Have a nice day! :smile:

Ed[ This Message was edited by: Ed Davis on 2005-12-06 14:27 ][ This Message was edited by: Ed Davis on 2005-12-06 14:28 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Cowards!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 05:53:00 PM »
On 2005-12-06 14:18:00, Ed Davis wrote:

"My name is Ed Davis and I graduated from Hyde in 1990.  The character development program at Hyde helped me to discover COURAGE! The courage to stand behind what I say and believe. Obviously, all of you anonymous posters could use a little character development especially in the COURAGE department. Therefore, I challenge all of you to dig deep inside and reveal yourself! Say what you believe, it's a free country, but have some pride and stop being a bunch of cowards. So be heard or go away and stop breathing up all the good air!

By the way, Hyde did not pay me to write this I just felt like somebody should tell you fleas to put up or shut up!

Ed[ This Message was edited by: Ed Davis on 2005-12-06 14:27 ][ This Message was edited by: Ed Davis on 2005-12-06 14:28 ]"
Okay -- you first, name, address, phone number and Social security number.  Thanks Ed Davis
My name is Albert Nelson Of Newhope, you can call me ANON[ This Message was edited by: TheWho on 2006-01-26 16:59 ]

Offline Ed Davis

• View Profile
Cowards!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 06:16:00 PM »
As I expected, these anonymous posts are written by current Hyde students, trying to convince their parents that Hyde is a bad place and that they should be at home. Only a child would write such garbage. Get a life! Punk! You should probably go back to study hall and finish your homework! You still unregistered anonymous user. By the way my contact information is in the alumni directory.
Ed[ This Message was edited by: Ed Davis on 2005-12-06 15:36 ]

Offline Lars

• View Profile
Cowards!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 08:17:00 PM »
On 2005-12-06 15:16:00, Ed Davis wrote:

"As I expected, these anonymous posts are written by current Hyde students, trying to convince their parents that Hyde is a bad place and that they should be at home. Only a child would write such garbage. Get a life! Punk! You should probably go back to study hall and finish your homework! You still unregistered anonymous user. By the way my contact information is in the alumni directory.

Ed[ This Message was edited by: Ed Davis on 2005-12-06 15:36 ]"

Ed,

I graduated with you in 1990.  I have the right to tell people what an abusive, demeaning & harmful place Hyde is.  You need to understand that it wasn't a good experience for many like myself.  I discoved what true character is AFTER I got out of that hellhole.  I have no idea what you mean by "put up or shut up."  You should read this board a little more carefully before making the kind of assumptions you are.

By the way, I hope all is going well with you.

Your classmate,

Larry Kress '90

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Cowards!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 08:19:00 PM »
On 2005-12-06 15:16:00, Ed Davis wrote:

"As I expected, these anonymous posts are written by current Hyde students, trying to convince their parents that Hyde is a bad place and that they should be at home. Only a child would write such garbage. Get a life! Punk! You should probably go back to study hall and finish your homework! You still unregistered anonymous user. By the way my contact information is in the alumni directory.

Ed[ This Message was edited by: Ed Davis on 2005-12-06 15:36 ]"
Yea you are right,Ed, I'm sorry, I am going to go back on self study and write about what made me say those things and do some self reflecting.  I will then look you up in the directory and try to imagine myself turning out as well as you have.  I just hope I can harden to the point where I can say "Get a life !! Punk!! just like Clint Eastwood.  Only I think I will follow it up with "Do you feel lucky" (to have graduated from Hyde), "Well do you punk!!!"  Wow I do feel good, and I feel superior to everyone else who has logged on,  I will not only post my name, but also a picture of my whole family, that will show everyone that I am more open then they are.
Thanks Ed
ANON

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cowards!
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 08:34:00 PM »

"My name is Ed Davis and I graduated from Hyde in 1990.  The character development program at Hyde helped me to discover COURAGE! The courage to stand behind what I say and believe. Obviously, all of you anonymous posters could use a little character development especially in the COURAGE department. Therefore, I challenge all of you to dig deep inside and reveal yourself! Say what you believe, it's a free country, but have some pride and stop being a bunch of cowards. So be heard or go away and stop breathing up all the good air!

Ed[ This Message was edited by: Ed Davis on 2005-12-06 14:27 ][ This Message was edited by: Ed Davis on 2005-12-06 14:28 ]"

To parents considering Hyde: This message from Ed Davis is remarkably typical of what you can expect if you enroll at Hyde.  Notice the intensely judgmental language, the crude accusations, and the "in your face" approach to dealing with other people.  In my experience, there's a steady diet of that sort of behavior among many people at Hyde (although not all people at Hyde).

Mr. Davis: I can assure you I'm not a Hyde student.  I'm a parent.  I have chosen to remain anonymous because I've witnessed too many instances where parents who have spoken openly and critically about Hyde were verbally abused and, in turn, their kids were harrassed.  Unfortunately, being open at Hyde sometimes is too risky.  That's not a lack of courage; rather, it's good reality testing.  

I'm glad to know that you had a good experience at Hyde.  However, if you read the postings on this website you will discover that there are many people, including former Hyde students and parents, who believe Hyde was a horribly destructive environment.  

It seems to me that if you had truly matured at Hyde you would not use the kind of abusive language and tone that fill your posting.  Ironically, you have just reinforced what many people on this website have been saying about how damaging the Hyde environment can be.  The irony is terribly poignant.

I accept that you are likely to disagree with me.  I would prefer that you do so respectfully.

Offline Ed Davis

• View Profile
Cowards!
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 08:34:00 PM »
Hey Larry! As I said, it's a free country say what you believe, just have the courage to say who you are! Get it off your chest! Hyde values honesty! Good luck to you as well!

Offline Ed Davis

• View Profile
Cowards!
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 08:45:00 PM »
If you truly believe what you say, why do you remain at Hyde? What do you have to lose by standing up for who you are and what you believe?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Cowards!
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 08:49:00 PM »
On 2005-12-06 17:45:00, Ed Davis wrote:

"If you truly believe what you say, why do you remain at Hyde? What do you have to lose by standing up for who you are and what you believe?"
I think he said he was a parent, not a Hyde student.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cowards!
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 08:51:00 PM »
On 2005-12-06 17:45:00, Ed Davis wrote:

"If you truly believe what you say, why do you remain at Hyde? What do you have to lose by standing up for who you are and what you believe?"

We decided to leave Hyde.  We know of other families who publicized their plans to leave Hyde and experienced genuine harrassment, as did their kids.    We've heard about, and directly witnessed, several high-pressure tactics.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Cowards!
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »

Okay lets see, you graduated from Hyde and are doing well.  You probably are not succeeding as a motivational speaker, anger management counselor nor any vocation involving managing people.  My guess "Military career" or "Department of Motor Vehicles" (you filled out the wrong form , Punk!!, go back and redo it!!)

Offline Ed Davis

• View Profile
Cowards!
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2005, 09:21:00 PM »
I am truly sorry if I hurt your feelings. However, hiding behind anonymity leaves you with no credibility. Where's your courage! My post was intentionally inflammatory just to get a response. If the shoe fits! Again, have a nice day!

Offline Lars

• View Profile
Cowards!
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 09:31:00 PM »
On 2005-12-06 18:21:00, Ed Davis wrote:

"I am truly sorry if I hurt your feelings. However, hiding behind anonymity leaves you with no credibility. Where's your courage! My post was intentionally inflammatory just to get a response. If the shoe fits! Again, have a nice day!"

Why are you trying to provoke people?  You're asking people to take a stand.  I'd ask you to read through some of the topics on this board very carefully before you try to bait people.  Like I told another pro-Hyde poster, if it worked for you great, but for many of us it was truly a miserable experience. The truth will set you free?  No, for me, getting out of there and going to college set me free.  Just read everything through carefully and you may see what's really going on here.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Cowards!
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2005, 09:37:00 PM »
On 2005-12-06 18:21:00, Ed Davis wrote:

"I am truly sorry if I hurt your feelings. However, hiding behind anonymity leaves you with no credibility. Where's your courage! My post was intentionally inflammatory just to get a response. If the shoe fits! Again, have a nice day!"
I dont think you hurt LARS feelings, he has been called worse.  I think it is okay to state your name or not state your name "Its a free country".  The important thing is to make a difference and you dont seem to be contributing anything.  Try to get past the fact that people post as Anon for several reasons, non of which have to do with courage.  I have been here a long time and have seen people who give their names who have no credibility and anons who are very credible.
Ed, try to calm down a little, read some of the previous posts as someone else has suggested and contribute some of your experiences, it will help yourself and others who are at Hyde and those considering sending their kids there.

Offline Lars

• View Profile
Cowards!
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2005, 09:45:00 PM »
<
I dont think you hurt LARS feelings, he has been called worse.  [/quote]

Someone called me worse here? :razz:

You agree, though, this board should be kept civil, right?  Seriously, Ed's not a bad guy.  I just want him to understand what folks are talking about here, that's it's not an insult-fest.