Author Topic: Spring Creek Lodge  (Read 269724 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1260 on: April 24, 2006, 12:00:00 AM »

On 2006-04-23 20:54:00, Anonymous wrote:

Don't fall off that soap box, friend!

:rofl:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1261 on: April 24, 2006, 02:45:00 AM »
On 2006-04-22 21:10:00, Badpuppy wrote:

"They admit that they use troubled minors in their care to give consequences to other troubled minors. These consequences result in the lengthening of incarceration and loss of priviliges. There is no prison in America that will allow inmates to have any part of a decison that lenghtens the stay of another inmate, let alone give a troubled child that kind of power.

They admit to punishing masturbation.

New York attorney general called one their programs "the largest education fraud in New York state history." They admit to pepper spraying kids on daily basis. Their program in Jamaica uses punishment UNACCEPTED in the civilized world.

They have put kids in freezing cold isolation cells for months at a time.  Regardless of having changed their practice due to bad publicity the fact that they would ever do this to a child is testament to their total lack of conscience, dispicably ammoral character, and unmitigated greed. The fact that you would defend these child torturers is temstament to yours."

You are spot on my friend!

Offline Ashley's Mom

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1262 on: April 24, 2006, 02:22:00 PM »
On 2006-04-21 15:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"You'll probably never know, 'cause if he has returned to any of his old ways and isn't the wonderful, but misunderstood boy his girlfriend painted him to be, she and her mother will never come back here telling you.  And....the aunts, if ready to move on and get back to life without turmoil, won't want to come back and tell you either, even it would be an "I told you so!""

Sorry I haven't posted in a long time.  There has just been a lot going on.  Alex is doing great.  He has a job during the day and is going to night school to get his diploma.  His court date has been rescheduled to June 12, 2006, so it continues to be a waiting game.  He is still living with us and has not "returned to any of his old ways".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1263 on: April 24, 2006, 05:40:00 PM »
Good to hear that he is doing well!  :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1264 on: April 25, 2006, 11:56:00 AM »
On 2006-04-24 11:22:00, Ashley's Mom wrote:

"

On 2006-04-21 15:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"You'll probably never know, 'cause if he has returned to any of his old ways and isn't the wonderful, but misunderstood boy his girlfriend painted him to be, she and her mother will never come back here telling you.  And....the aunts, if ready to move on and get back to life without turmoil, won't want to come back and tell you either, even it would be an "I told you so!""

Sorry I haven't posted in a long time.  There has just been a lot going on.  Alex is doing great.  He has a job during the day and is going to night school to get his diploma.  His court date has been rescheduled to June 12, 2006, so it continues to be a waiting game.  He is still living with us and has not "returned to any of his old ways".  "

Tell him all these people he doesn't know, who think *nobody* should be sent where he was, are glad for him that he's out and doing well.

It's not like it matters what we think of him, but if it had happened to me, I would take comfort knowing that a lot of people thought what happened to me was wrong.

The outpatient care he wanted would have worked as well or better without the added trauma of being sent away, and his progress at getting on with his life in no way makes him a poster child for those SOB's.

(We know the outpatient care would have worked as well or better because community based care like that has a very good track record, where research shows behavior mod. facilities just don't work.)

I'm sure he loves his parents, but sometimes people we love dearly drive us up a wall if we try to live under the same roof with them.  Adolescence is known to trigger this for a lot of people. It's that evolutionary instinct to jump out of the nest and fly.

I'm sure he loves his parents, but not living under the same roof as them may be a large factor in his recovery.  I've known all kinds of kids who miraculously started getting their lives together as soon as they moved out from living with their parents.  Love their parents?  Sure, lots.  Able to live under the same roof without going nuts?  Not so much.

Julie

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1265 on: April 25, 2006, 11:45:00 PM »
Maybe we should have the Mexican authorities (with their sterling record of corruption-free law enforcement and internationally acclaimed human rights) lend a hand. Remember, they shut down five schools (one WWASP and four others), even though no charges were ever substantiated at any of them.

Having seen the photographs of children chained inside dog cages, under the hot desert sun, taken by Mexican police, I can only ask, what more could possible be required to 'substantiate' the charges? That is enough to convince to me that the facility was rightly closed and those responsible should have prosecuted.

Perhaps it is due the the 'sterling reputation' of the Mexican Police that these criminals escaped prosecution.

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1266 on: April 25, 2006, 11:46:00 PM »
Maybe we should have the Mexican authorities (with their sterling record of corruption-free law enforcement and internationally acclaimed human rights) lend a hand. Remember, they shut down five schools (one WWASP and four others), even though no charges were ever substantiated at any of them.

Having seen the photographs of children chained inside dog cages, under the hot desert sun, taken by Mexican police, I can only ask, what more could possible be required to 'substantiate' the charges? That is enough to convince to me that the facility was rightly closed and those responsible should have prosecuted.

Perhaps it is due the the 'sterling reputation' of the Mexican Police that these criminals escaped prosecution.

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1267 on: April 25, 2006, 11:46:00 PM »

Having seen the photographs of children chained inside dog cages, under the hot desert sun, taken by Mexican police, I can only ask, what more could possibly be required to 'substantiate' the charges? That is enough to convince to me that the facility was rightly closed and those responsible should have been prosecuted.

Perhaps it is due the the 'sterling reputation' of the Mexican Police that these criminals escaped prosecution.[ This Message was edited by: AtomicAnt on 2006-04-25 20:47 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1268 on: April 28, 2006, 07:44:00 AM »
If he returned to his old ways she wouldn't know she didn't know about his or her own daughters old ways before like she said she is busy. That is why he is there and not at home. At home he would be watch a lot more then there. That is why he chooses to stay there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1269 on: April 28, 2006, 08:57:00 AM »
Now, why would a near-adult choose that option?? Hmmm.

Offline Artemis

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1270 on: April 28, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »
On 2006-04-28 04:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

At home he would be watch a lot more then there. That is why he chooses to stay there. "

Gee, you're gonna have to give me some time to mull this over.  An 18 year old who was just sent away to what is arguably an abusive place, be it psychologically or physically, doesn't want to return to the people that sent him there, still want him to be there but would settle for him to return home to be "watched" and closely monitored.  Hmmmmm.  That's a toughie.

Here comes the rest of it.  You'll be waiting and watching....ready to throw your hands up in the air, pounce on the first mis-step as proof that it was a mistake for him to leave, you were right, oh dear god he's gonna be deadinsaneorinjail now.   ::noway::  etc. etc. etc.
If you\'ve never seen an elephant ski, you\'ve never been on acid.?  Eddie Izzard

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1271 on: April 28, 2006, 10:18:00 AM »
Or he might get pregnant!!!! Just kidding that won't work for obvious reasons :smile: okay...he might get somebody pregnant? Hey, maybe more then one girl?!! Just kidding!

Whatever, Alex will be fine. He might have a occasional screw up, but we all do. Which one of you out there dares says you're perfect?!!

That's what I thought!
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Shlee

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ridetheduckshlee
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1272 on: April 29, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »
On 2006-04-28 04:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

"If he returned to his old ways she wouldn't know she didn't know about his or her own daughters old ways before like she said she is busy. That is why he is there and not at home. At home he would be watch a lot more then there. That is why he chooses to stay there. "

Wow, I must say, it's been awhile since I've been on here, let alone time to be on the internet in general.  Everything is going exceptionally well.  Work, school, and then the occasional movie/relaxation time.  Alex is doing well, in the hopes of getting a better job than Tim Horton's.  But hey, atleast he's in the working force.
It's comments like those that make me shake my head and laugh.  Keep living in that mentality.  It will get you nowhere, while Alex is getting somewhere.  Keep doubting his capabilities, he'll be something.
prung my boyfriend from Spring Creek

Anti-WWASPS : Help stop abduction and child abuse in the United States

Offline CaughtInTheMiddle

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1273 on: May 01, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »
It is I the Bad Aunt that posted that. Sorry if you don't like my post. I am very proud of Alex. I also believe he will be successes full in time with some speed bumps in his path. The point of the post was that your mom may not see all the signs if things may start to happen again. Look how long you kept the wool over her eyes it took me telling her. It said NOTHING AGAINST ALEX. Nice how you put a twist on it. He would be successful living at home also. It may even be easier for him. It is not you and your household that is helping or pushing him in that direction.

Alex I know you read this. Call if you would like to talk about this post. I will be talking to you soon. I have my feelings love ya! Fun Cop

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1274 on: May 01, 2006, 10:53:00 AM »
I think the truth is clear.