Author Topic: Help me shut down Darrington  (Read 3913 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Help me shut down Darrington
« on: September 10, 2006, 04:56:14 PM »
I live in Georgia.  How do i prove to my legislators that the people who run Darrington are the same crew as are responsible for Tranquility Bay in Jamaica, Dundee, Paradise Cove, Casa, etc?

The politicians are going to want me to lay the facts on the table and prove it, not just allege it.  Can anybody help me do that?

There's a lot of stuff on the internet.  What I need are:

Copies of newspaper stories with citations to the specific newspaper, the reporter's name, and the date published.  

Copies of the incorporation paperwork or ownership of the land or something that shows the link to Darrington, with citations to the public records.

Copies of the incorporation paperwork or land ownership or something in hard ink that shows the interlocking web of Litchfield ownership and involvement.

Copies of the Litchfield's political campaign giving records in Utah and elsewhere.

I have a book deadline to meet, I just can't track this stuff down.  Unfortunately.  But if someone else can help me assemble it, I know it's what my state legislators and the staffers in the governor's office are going to want to see.  It's an election year.  I have enough experience politicking that if I have this hard documentation---not just a bunch of people on the internet said--I can get these legislators to sit up and take notice.

Since I live in the Atlanta area, I've got local access to the seats of power.  I can hit up our state lobbyist from one of my other issues (hubby's on the BoD) to get the names of people to talk to in the various legislators' offices or maybe even get introductions.

But I can't do anything without the paper trail.

When I get a meeting with each guy/gal, whether official or staffer, I have to be able to make my pitch, then they're going to ask me to back up what I'm saying.

I have to be able to hand them a well-organized packet with a summary recapping my pitch, footnoted to the hard paper trail in the packet.

I don't think our legislators have a clue what these people are like or that they've extended their tentacles into our state.  I think they'd be appalled if they knew.  I think if I talk to them, I can convince them to shut it down.  But I can't put together the packet on my own--not this year.

Julie
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 08:42:19 PM »

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 06:50:06 AM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 12:20:54 PM by Guest »
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 08:14:18 PM »
bump.
Julie you mook this stuff isn't doing any good sitting on my hard drive.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 11:41:29 PM »
Sorry, I recently got deluged with some major personal health issues, plus a new foster daughter, and I don't have the leeway to work on this now.  Not being able to help right now sucks, but that's the way it is.

Julie

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Help me shut down Darrington
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 02:35:42 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I live in Georgia.  How do i prove to my legislators that the people who run Darrington are the same crew as are responsible for Tranquility Bay in Jamaica, Dundee, Paradise Cove, Casa, etc?

The politicians are going to want me to lay the facts on the table and prove it, not just allege it.  Can anybody help me do that?

Copies of newspaper stories with citations to the specific newspaper, the reporter's name, and the date published.  

Copies of the incorporation paperwork or ownership of the land or something that shows the link to Darrington, with citations to the public records.

Copies of the incorporation paperwork or land ownership or something in hard ink that shows the interlocking web of Litchfield ownership and involvement.

Copies of the Litchfield's political campaign giving records in Utah and elsewhere.

I have a book deadline to meet, I just can't track this stuff down.  Unfortunately.  But if someone else can help me assemble it, I know it's what my state legislators and the staffers in the governor's office are going to want to see.  It's an election year.  I have enough experience politicking that if I have this hard documentation---not just a bunch of people on the internet said--I can get these legislators to sit up and take notice.

Since I live in the Atlanta area, I've got local access to the seats of power.  I can hit up our state lobbyist from one of my other issues (hubby's on the BoD) to get the names of people to talk to in the various legislators' offices or maybe even get introductions.

When I get a meeting with each guy/gal, whether official or staffer, I have to be able to make my pitch, then they're going to ask me to back up what I'm saying.

I have to be able to hand them a well-organized packet with a summary recapping my pitch, footnoted to the hard paper trail in the packet.

I don't think our legislators have a clue what these people are like or that they've extended their tentacles into our state.  I think they'd be appalled if they knew.  I think if I talk to them, I can convince them to shut it down.  But I can't put together the packet on my own--not this year.

Julie

Start at there accrediting sources. Must be a legitamate accrediting source. Most of the time you will find that they lie about there accreditation.   If you find this is the case chances are that any diploma they are offering to the students are fraudulent. When (date) did they begin to offer diplomas and the date there accreditation acctually started.Contact your states attorney general with this information and have them investigate fraud.  
Let's pull together and stop these money hungry control freaks!

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 08:54:25 AM »
Unfortunate, every related agency in Ga is investigating HLA at the moment. Seems it would be a prime time to bring Darrington to their attention as well. These agencies don't know what's going on if no one educates them. Rumor has it that ORS is considering revamping their regs. Hearing of another maverick TBS, parading as a boarding school, just might inspire them to move on this.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Help me shut down Darrington
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 10:17:14 AM »

Julie

Julie,

First, write a letter to the Governor so this gets his attention.

Here is a list of all the agencies and the POC's:

Child Protective Services
Ms. Kit Wallace
[email protected]

Amy Murphy - DHR/ORS
[email protected]

Secretary of State's Office
Ms. Mollie Fleeman - Associate Director
[email protected]

Verify Professional Licenses on-line:
https://secure.sos.state.ga.us/myverification/

Follow the link to file a formal complaint/inquiry:
https://secure.sos.state.ga.us/myverifi ... laint.aspx

Contact the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
Patti Ghezzi, reporter, statewide prek - 12 issues and trends; Atlanta Public Schools, private schools; blogmaster; 404-526-2782, http://wwf.fornits.com/viewforum.php?f=41

Verify Darrington's corporate information on-line:
http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/corp/soskb/Corp.asp?268185

DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 10:24:52 AM »
PS - Federal Election Commission. Search on contributor by name:

http://www.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/norindsea.shtml

Georgia Secretary of State's Election campaign disclosures:
http://www.sos.state.ga.us/elections/ca ... efault.htm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 04:27:25 PM »
Not giving up, I'd just prefer not to have a heart attack any time soon. :-(

Sorry.

Julie

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 06:19:18 PM »

Sorry.

Julie

I know that feeling! The people whose names you've been given are very helpful and take their obligation to the health, safety, and well-being very seriously.

Georgia doesn't realize the number of TBS's and RTC's they have in the state. They are starting to realize how out of control some of the facilities are and/or have become. The good news is the word is getting out!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 06:20:10 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"

Sorry.

Julie

I know that feeling! The people whose names you've been given are very helpful and take their obligation to the health, safety, and well-being of children very seriously.

Georgia doesn't realize the number of TBS's and RTC's they have in the state. They are starting to realize how out of control some of the facilities are and/or have become. The good news is the word is getting out!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 09:52:18 PM »
Well, if you don't do it, Julie, who will?

I'm not local to the area, and it'll probably be far more effective in the hands of someone who is. Maybe this should be added to DJ's plate. DJ? You mind fucking over Darrington with the same agencies and people fucking over HLA?

Because it's looking like the alternative is no one does it. and that's just not acceptable.