Author Topic: Dear John  (Read 4334 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Dear John
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2005, 07:28:00 PM »
On 2005-12-01 22:06:00, someone wrote:

"Hi John,

I know that my life would not be what it is today if I had not learned the things I did at The Seed. It's a shame that Greg and many others missed the point.

No, its a shame you deny the evidence right in front of you that you were involved in a destructive mind cult.

but welcome to the forum!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Dear John
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2005, 07:30:00 PM »
On 2005-12-02 13:15:00, Anonymous wrote:

"How did you come up with stripe? Why an Arabian type man picture with a mustache? Since you are a woman.  Just Wondering?"

enough of this. It is one thing to joke with someone, but you are "trolling" this same comment over and over to disrupt what she is saying.  That is unfair.

Offline landyh

• View Profile
Dear John
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2005, 11:30:00 PM »
On 2005-12-02 13:50:00, cleveland wrote:

"In response to the initial post by "someone:"

I am sure I knew you, at SR 84. Funny to think that, since you are posting anonymously - as to me, I am 'Wally' of course...

I agree with 98% of what you said in your post. But the 2% that I don't agree with is like the difference between night and day.

I was a 'volunteer' too, but not like any kind of volunteer I had ever been before or since. I 'volunteered' at the Seed by giving up every other important relationship in my life up to then, by pledging total allegience to the group, and by denying my basic individuality. The Seed expected, and got, total adherence to its rules, customs, and beliefs, and any dissent that I had within me was kept deep inside. The only other relationship in which I yield so much of myself would be my wife, but from time to time I even disagree with her :wink:

Also, the reason why I read this site and think about it a lot is not because I live in the past, but because A. it was 7 years of my life B. it was like nothing else I have experienced C. I want to understand what it means to me and to our culture about addiction, power, friendship, etc. What could be more important?

So yes, I will read here and post here, struggling to find out what I experienced, and trying to form a response to what the Seed. addiction, family and friendship are all about.

What I DON'T understand is all those who went thru the Seed experience and either can't or won't think critically about it. Telling people to 'get over it' is a huge cop out - what do you care if people want to think/talk about this? It is still relevent.

Finally, there are hundreds of Seed copy-cat programs all over the world. The Seed may have closed but it has a legacy, for better or worse. Do you have children? Would you put them in Kids Helping Kids or any number of programs like that?

Finally - love ya...I still feel a real connection to the Seed and people I met there, even though most of them will never talk to me! I am happily, a fuck-up and drop out of the program!"

No kidding! Wasn't there a girl named Wally or maybe it was a nickname at one time. Long dark hair or am I just having a flashback.
Whatever thou put his hand to do it with all thy might\" King Solomon

Offline TRUCKER

• View Profile
Dear John
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2005, 07:27:00 AM »
The Seed sure screwed up your life ! :wink:

TRUCKER

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear John
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2005, 08:12:00 AM »
Greg - Stripe explained and I appreciate it.  I can now understand more of where she is comming from.  So Greg try not to get your panties in a wad over no big deal.

Love Ya.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Dear John
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2005, 11:37:00 AM »

Love Ya."

backatcha babe.....muah!

:grin:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Dear John
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2005, 11:45:00 AM »
On 2005-12-03 04:27:00, TRUCKER wrote:

"The Seed sure screwed up your life ! :wink:

TRUCKER "

Non sequitur.  Someone can certainly have a negative childhood experience and not have their entire life screwed up as a result.

Why did you post this? I mean, what  is the intention exactly?

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
Dear John
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »
On 2005-12-02 16:30:00, GregFL wrote:

"

On 2005-12-02 13:15:00, Anonymous wrote:

"How did you come up with stripe? Why an Arabian type man picture with a mustache? Since you are a woman.  Just Wondering?"

enough of this. It is one thing to joke with someone, but you are "trolling" this same comment over and over to disrupt what she is saying.  That is unfair.

"

Hey Greg,

It's okay. I took the bait and answered the questions truthfully because.....I'M MAN ENOUGH TO DO IT..

heheheheh :grin:

Check this out:  We also refer to the original Stripe as the Ass-cat when he won't stop yowling and meowing no matter how many times he gets squirted with the water bottle.  They say people are like their pets and I guess there might be some truth to that... :razz:
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Dear John
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2005, 04:18:00 PM »
:grin:

Heres one for you too Frank..er... Stripe!

Muah!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Dear John
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2005, 05:08:00 PM »
On 2005-12-02 07:17:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Are you sure you would not have been that way anyway? I'm not being a jerk.  I'm being honest.

Some people want to blame someone for everything instead of accepting the responsibility on their own."

That might be a reasonable theory to explore. But once you start exploring, it looks less and less like coincidence. Not just Seed people, but so damned many of us who have been through confrontational tc style (synanon based) programs report the same issues. It's like the way so many people have similar dreams about highschool; usually they're in class under some especially stressful situation when they realize they're naked or somehow unprepared and about to make an ass of themselves.

If it were just a few people or they had these dreams with a number of different backdrops (people do have them about the workplace sometimes, but you don't hear as much about that) why then you could write it off as unrelated. But the fact that so damned many people have essentially the same type of anxiety response to the classroom strongly suggests that it's something more to do with the classroom setting, less to do with the individuals.

Same thing here. If you really want to know then go look at some of the other forums and see what people have to say. If you don't really want to know, but just want to convince yourself that this is entirely dismissable, then by all means don't read anything or talk to anyone who would know. One very effective way to maintain that sort of illusion is to simply say "Sorry, I can't talk to you" or, better, "I don't choose to talk to you." Contempt prior to investigation, works every time! We should find a way to bottle that shit up for sale!

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
--Unanimous

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes