Author Topic: Losers!  (Read 20498 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Losers!
« Reply #165 on: December 10, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 10:02:00, famjaztique wrote:

I should probably be on a different forum, but I think the reason I prefer this one is because many of you were that same teen. I rebelled too, but when I got caught, I would give it a rest for a while, you know?

:rofl:  :rofl: Yes! That probably would have been me if I had stayed in public school. Maybe not. Maybe there would have been some adult on campus who I deemed worthy of my respect; who honored their agreements and who was not so arrogant as to continually and sorely tempt me to knock them down a peg. Just guessing, of course, but for the sake of argument, let's entertain (w/o accepting) the notion that your son does think quite a lot like I did when I was around the same age.

My mother (who was raised Catholic in a German neighborhood--hearing things like "raising children is like training dogs--discipline, discipline, discipline!) simply could not understand my strange behavior. For example, I'd study hard in one class, even though the teacher was a strict disciplinarian and the course work didn't come easy to me. And I'd be proud of achieving a low B from good old Feisty Jim Meisty. Next hour, I had Mr. Doctor, who I'd swear was overdosed on Thorazine or something. And I'd flat refuse to do anything but constantly punk him out and humiliate him. Then there was the other idiot, who week after week, never noticed that I'd casually stood up and walked out w/ the Student Council till I was halfway down the hallway.

The mysterious secret? Seemed obvious to me then and still does, but it was absolutely beyound some adults' understanding or my ability to articulate. Some adults earned and returned my respect, others were just power trippin little tin gods who thought we owed them respect just for their having sucked wind for a certain number of years.

Sounds to me asif your son respects you (most of the time) but, perversely (these days, anyway) doesn't automatically defer to any arbitrary rules or arrangements. And maybe he just loves this friend and would rather spend time w/ them than w/ whomever he finds himself with at any given moment?

I dunno, it's all speculation from my standpoint. Just food for thought.

science is the record of dead religions.
--Oscar Wilde

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline qtycoop08

• View Profile
Losers!
« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2005, 10:04:00 AM »
my name is Beth Cooper and I was brutally abused at high impact, Tecate, Mexico. I am a victim trying to seek justice and people whom have been through it with me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Losers!
« Reply #167 on: December 11, 2005, 03:45:00 PM »
On 2005-12-01 09:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Why don't you guys just get a life and fight for a real cause! You can sit on here and cry your eyes out each and everyday about how poorly you were treated in the program, and how the abused you, but it will do no good! Why?!  Because there are thousands of people just like myself who are living witnesses of the goodness and change created in the programs!  I graduated nearly 6 years ago, and I will forever stand as a witness against the false testimony of those who claim that the programs are abusive!  Perhaps there have been those staff who have abused their power, and even crossed the line, but how many teachers and administrators in the public school system, or in the federal prison system of been  guilty or equally or even more grievous crimes?! Perhaps we should then just shut down all of the schools in prisons in the world because of those employees who have crossed the line.  Wake up and face the facts here people, every year hundreds of teens lives are saved, hundreds of families are restored, and hundreds of parents can sleep at night knowing that their children are safe.  There are those of you, and you are certainly the minority that have claimed to have been seriously physically abused while in the program, if it true that pursue legal action, I have yet to seem many people try.  You claim that the program is bullet proof because of contracts or such, while in reality the widespread abuse is just a work of fiction created by lying manipulating teenagers who were menaces before the program and now continue to be just that!

Proudgrad

SCL graduate 1999

"

You know, that post reads an awful lot like this one:

Post URL: http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=0#116027

Why do you keep starting threads designed to get a negative response? You are obviously not interested in a real discussion, you come here to disrupt and should be treated as such. You are a long-term fornits troll, get a life.

Offline Three Springs Survivor

• View Profile
Losers!
« Reply #168 on: December 13, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »
I guess your the lucky one