Author Topic: Torture  (Read 7682 times)

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Torture
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2005, 09:28:00 PM »
///Buzz, you can't seriously credit something solely on the basis of the frequency with which it's repeated! ///

Solely on that basis - No - many ridiculous things are oft repeated. However in the case of abuse in these programs, I find the persistent consistency very credible. This young man's account is not unusual. It is typical of what others have described in each of the programs "schools".

His time in the Hobbit was longer than average - but longer than average stays are not uncommon. Most kids, (and even Jay Kay himself), remark on knowing of "students" kept in Isolation/ OP/ the Hobbit/ on their face - for months (many months) at a time. Time in these places always involves restricted diet, and very unpleasant (tortuous) conditions.

As for his specific case - it has been mentioned by numerous persons, who were witness. It seems his long stretch in the Hobbit is something that has stuck in the minds of many who were there at the time. Their combined memories, independently agreeing to the facts of the case, are extremely credible.

///The young man in question has no credibility. Neither does his father.///

I do not know the young man. I can't say weather he is credible or not. I suspect you do not know him either, and so have no basis for declaring him unreliable. Or, maybe you do know him; and are threatened by the credibility of his testimony.

I do know the father. I have never had any reason to doubt his word. He has no reason to lie. He was at one time a true believer. It was the undeniable proof his son was brutalized that reformed him and his opinion.

///Again, no charges, no damages, nothing but stories proliferated on the net, and given weight simply because they get talked about a lot.///

They may not have sued for damages; I don't know what, if any, complaints were filed. I do know nothing much can be expected by way of consequences to SLC, even in the face of irrefutable evidence of appalling conditions and physical trauma. The local yocals just nod and wink, and its business as usual.

I'd say the account of the abuse this individual suffered, attained great weight, with his father's sworn testimony in Federal court.

If he had committed perjury, I am sure the program goons would see to it he were charged. And so the shoe is now on the other foot my friend. He was not sued or charged with perjury. And so by your reasoning his testimony is thereby proven true.

///The fact is, the main parts of the story remain questionable.///

Nothing about this account is at all questionable. Its true - it happened - So now what?

Will you take another big swig of Kool-Aid, and argue that such treatment isn't abusive?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Torture
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2005, 10:44:00 PM »
On 2005-12-01 15:47:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Maybe we are talking about a differnet kid who attended SCL ?

The one I know abour was HURT by the director.

That's a FACT. Another Fact many kids have been hurt by the Program.

You can think whatever you are TOLD. I know differently.

Dont you have a CULT meeting to attend? I mean "support" meeting."

That goes for me too!!!!!
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Torture
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2005, 11:23:00 PM »
It was (still is) an issue, however, for the kids imprisoned in Spring Creek Lodge, Montana. In the WWASPS vs. PURE trial, a parent described how his son was kept in isolation for nearly 8 months. The boy managed to sneak in an orange, so he'd have something to eat in there besides the limited diet given to prisoners kept in solitary confinement. That orange was completely frozen by morning. Other survivors of SCL described being forced to jump into a lake in the middle of the winter (after breaking the ice).

This is EASILY believable to anyone who has been to SCL, especially those who have spent time in the hobbit. (aka special needs)

There were kids when I was there who fucking lived up in the Hobbit, yes, for MONTHS. Guess what program parent FREAKS, not all kids adjust well to being thrown in a brainwash gulag and shut down emotionally. If you don't work the program, and become a big enough problem, (whether it's your fault or not) you can end up living in the hobbit. I can't stress how bad an experience this is. Man... what a way to fuck up a teen.  :sad: Do you know what it's like to sit in a small room on the floor 24/hrs a day with nothing to do? Try that for 3 days straight. A week straight. A month. You will go insane, as the teens kept up there finally would. I mean REALLy insane, as in a break in connection to reality. So that would seal their fate and they'd fucking end up living up there. You think SCL is going to send the kid to a mental hospital? NOPE. He'd never come back! Ever! A real mental health professional would never allow it. The parents would finally have access to truth; seriously, what kind of fucked up Orwellian name is Special Needs?

Does this look 'special' to you? BTW, they charge the parents a nightly fee for their child being imprisoned in this shack isolation prison on the hill. About 40 bucks a night extra. Imagine 8 months of that, quite the extra BONU$, eh?!
This picture is taken standing in the doorway. The wooden box would not be in there normally. The room is about the size of a small household bathroom. It smells worse than a public bathroom, piss stains all over the floor and reeks like bleach too. You had a piece of carpet to sleep on. (see it in the pic?) Nothing more to do than carve shit into the wall with your nail, and try to sleep as many hours as you can as to avoid reality as long as possible. 2 kids, usually a normal stay would be 72 hours straight, for kids who commit a CAT 5. The kids who couldn't cope, and broke emotionally, didn't respond to this horrible scare tactic. They would never leave, because they lost it. It's one of the saddest things I've seen in my life. It's pathetic adults can do this to children. They truly are/were the forgotten souls of America. How many children are locked up in shacks right now, asking themselves what the fuck happened to justice? It sickens me because I was once one of them.

I can't take these program supporter trolls seriously because they are ignorant. It is THEY, the supporters and referal folks who perpetuate this hell on America's youth. It must end. Ignorance and hate create hell on Earth. I am one of the most cynical people I know, because I was shown at a young age how fucked up the human psyche can really be. What people can do to other people without questioning their own behavior once. It's scary, it is truly frightening to me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Torture
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2005, 11:25:00 PM »
Oh yeah, and if you were LUCKY there were two kids up in the hobbit, but most times you ended up being alone. Which really sucked. I can't imagine doing it for months, that kid deserves to beat the shit out of someone for his ordeal.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Torture
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2005, 11:40:00 PM »
I agree.  You don't know torture until you've been isolated.  At least in a legal system prisoners feel that there is a certain ethical code, certain things that can and cannot be done to them.  In programs, kids feel fear and horror that nobody will ever believe them anyway, the little parent handbook says so.  

Here's an experiment those of you telling us to quit whining and bitching can engage in.  Parents, go into your smallest bathroom, like a powder room, for three days with 6 Power Bars- remember you only get 2 small meals a day.  Turn your AC down to about 32 degrees.  That's more than fair given the snowy Montana weather, your kids are usually colder than that.  No phones, no friends, no nothing.  Experience complete nothingness, just once.  Come out of your dark, cramped hole, hungry, wet, dirty, sad, and type another post about how you feel what you just experienced will help your child to overcome drugs, truancy, or whatever else you hope the program is going to cure.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Torture
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2005, 12:06:00 AM »
No,no,no you have it all wrong!!!!

What you need to do is empty out your cramped walk-in closet, install a very bright florecent light that buzzzzzzzz'z, put a window in the entry door, a suicide preventive mirror on the opposite wall, and if you even are caught closing your eyes, tag on 1 extra day for each offense. Oooopsy that was Heritage School, okay for Cross Creek take out all carpet, then repeat above.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Torture
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2005, 12:10:00 AM »
Wait, and if you're going for a Discovery Academy simulation, stand 25 minute demerits consecutively during all waking hours.  But you'll have to turn off the lights- there were no windows- and ask someone to only shout to you "start standing" and at night "you can quit now- go to bed".  You don't see daylight, therefore someone else needs to tell you when the sun is rising and setting.  Then lie down on the piss-stained, sheetless mattress that all of the boys and girls pee on because a demerit won't count if you stop to use the bathroom, which is only allowed once after each meal anyway.  And have yourself some sweet dreams.  Wake up whenever staff order you to and repeat for at least two weeks.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Torture
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2005, 12:14:00 AM »
Okay well, you are more current then me! I'll take your word for it :smile:

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Torture
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2005, 12:17:00 AM »
On 2005-12-01 21:10:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Wait, and if you're going for a Discovery Academy simulation, stand 25 minute demerits consecutively during all waking hours.  But you'll have to turn off the lights- there were no windows- and ask someone to only shout to you "start standing" and at night "you can quit now- go to bed".  You don't see daylight, therefore someone else needs to tell you when the sun is rising and setting.  Then lie down on the piss-stained, sheetless mattress that all of the boys and girls pee on because a demerit won't count if you stop to use the bathroom, which is only allowed once after each meal anyway.  And have yourself some sweet dreams.  Wake up whenever staff order you to and repeat for at least two weeks."

I don't know about you, but I wake up every night with a full bladder, and I have to relieve it atleast once, sometimes even twice!

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Torture
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2005, 03:07:00 AM »
Don't forget those prisoners get legal representation and access to visitors and lawyers and mail... and have ppl advocating for them and going to court for them. And the authorities will protect them and provide health care (not just mental health care) and feed them right.

Whereas... our kids have none of that.

Faith is the commitment of one's consciousness to beliefs for which one has no sensory evidence or rational proof. A mystic is a man who treats his feelings as tools of cognition. Faith is the equation of feeling with knowledge.
--Ayn Rand, Russian-born author

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Torture
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2005, 12:33:00 PM »
Can anyone tell me what happens when someone is transferred from a WWASPS facility to a psychiatric facility for suicidal tendencies?  Is this a long term thing or are they just returned to the facility after evaluation/treatment?  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Torture
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2005, 12:48:00 PM »
On 2005-12-19 09:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Can anyone tell me what happens when someone is transferred from a WWASPS facility to a psychiatric facility for suicidal tendencies?  Is this a long term thing or are they just returned to the facility after evaluation/treatment?  Any feedback would be appreciated."

Depends on the parents. Normally, the kid will be returned. The program will inform his parents he is 'manipulating' his way out of the program and if he leaves, he won. Since WWASP has no control over what goes on at the psychiatric facility, he might be able to convince the psychiatrist (who knew, somewhere with actual professionals!) that WWASP is not right for him, and the psychiatrist could possibly convince his parents. That is the best case scenario. Worst case: 72 hour hold, released back to WWASP.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Torture
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »

[Since WWASP has no control over what goes on at the psychiatric facility, he might be able to convince the psychiatrist (who knew, somewhere with actual professionals!) that WWASP is not right for him, and the psychiatrist could possibly convince his parents. ]

So there is no connection between the psychiatric facility and SCL - these are seperate entities?  That is a good thing, isn't it?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Torture
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2005, 01:10:00 PM »
That is a VERY good thing.  :grin:

They used to operate some place called brightway 'hospital' in Utah or something... but that's been closed.

The U.S. State Department documented abuse at WWASP?s Samoa facility, which closed following an investigation by the Samoan government. The Czech Republic also raided a WWASP facility there and documented abuse. Brightway Hospital, which WWASP ran in Utah, was closed after the state found licensing violations like failure to report abuse allegations. Congressman George Miller (D-California) has at least twice called on Attorney General John Ashcroft to investigate the program.

http://www.stats.org/record.jsp?type=news&ID=483

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Torture
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »
On 2005-12-19 10:10:00, Anonymous wrote:

"That is a VERY good thing.  :grin:

They used to operate some place called brightway 'hospital' in Utah or something... but that's been closed.

The U.S. State Department documented abuse at WWASP?s Samoa facility, which closed following an investigation by the Samoan government. The Czech Republic also raided a WWASP facility there and documented abuse. Brightway Hospital, which WWASP ran in Utah, was closed after the state found licensing violations like failure to report abuse allegations. Congressman George Miller (D-California) has at least twice called on Attorney General John Ashcroft to investigate the program.

http://www.stats.org/record.jsp?type=news&ID=483"

Brightway was a processing center where kids were held while they were waiting for their passports, before being sent to overseas facilities. While they were there, WWASPS pretended to give them a psychological evaluations. It wasn't a real psychiatric facility, just a holding place till they could be sent off to hell.