Author Topic: Fibro and others  (Read 2204 times)

Offline NOT12NOW

• View Profile
Fibro and others
« on: November 29, 2005, 09:31:00 PM »
Another post about this made me wonder, how many of us have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, CFIDs, or some other mysterios illnes.  I certianly think it's possible that the chronic stress and the rigid position caused some of my  chronic health problems.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
leveland chick 76-77

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
Fibro and others
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 11:38:00 AM »
I think you are right on the money here.   Chronic stress is a real killer; stress can lead to any number of physical and mental problems.

Stress, whatever its root cause, depletes your body of much needed nutrients that will ultimately have longterm negative effects if it stays in the "undealt with" category.  I'm not saying that every illness is caused by stress, but the body is a beautiful wonder that must be taken care of properly.  A bit too much or too little on the alkali or base side and you will end up with all kinds of problems.

I have dealt with the depression issue for over 20 years.  Been to talk therapy, done the prescribed drug therapy, the unprescribed drug therpay, the support groups for everything from AlAnon, to Adult Children of Alcoholics  etc., trying to figure out what was wrong with me.  

Once I took a HARSH look at my personal history, I saw that all of my "problems" started when I tried to enbrace the addict mentality foisted on me by the seed program. I mean, geeze - suddenly I think back and realize I might have been an insecure teenager (LIKE EVERY OTHER TEEN) but by no means was I the full-of-shit, reprehensible person who needed the constatant tending and fixing that the seed spewed forth.  

Once I was able to see that - AND BY NO MEANS DOES THAT STATEMENT MEAN OTHER KIDS WEREN'T ADDICTS - but onceI saw that and realized I have been trying for 30 years to be something I was not - to fix something that was not broken, so many of those problems just went away.  No more migraine headaches, no mysterious joint and tendon pain all over my body, no more rage reactions, no more fear, no more sadness...just peace of mind and a measure sense of physical well-being.

Maybe this isn't true for others, but that is what happened to me.
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa

Offline JaLong

• View Profile
Fibro and others
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 12:34:00 PM »
Interesting that you bring this up. I have had fibro diagnoised since 1991, and CFS for 5 yrs. What a pain huh? All female members of my immediate family has Fibro too.(6). They still don't know what causes it, there is no cure, but I have learned to life with both. I have some friends with it too, but they are on some mighty stong pain meds. Not for me. I really don't see what the seed has to do with it. I just know added stress- physically, emotionally, the weather, can all cause flare-ups. I unfortunatly feel that way 24/7. Life does go on. I have found that stretching, and low arobic exercise helps some. I hope you don't suffer too badly form this horrible disease.
Julie

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
Fibro and others
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 01:01:00 PM »
I had stress before the Seed, during, and then after. I didn't know how to handle it and it was killing me.

I had the stress of a dysfuncitonal family. Other people in my family handled it differently - my dad was always angry, my mom manic, my sister depressed, my brother hostile and indifferent. I was sad and anxious, and developed physical symptoms.

The Seed did make this worse in some ways, better in others. Gone was my crazy family, gone were alcohol and drugs. IN was intense peer pressure, heavy cigarette smoking, the anxiety of being in the group and feeling like I needed to be perfect and happy all the time.

As an adult, exercise, yoga, good friends and therapy helped, but I am still a high stress person and need medication for hypertension and cholestrol. I think I am pretty healthy, but I will always have some scars from the intense unhappiness of my younger years.
ally Gator

Offline SHH Anon Classics

• View Profile
    • http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?topic=13488&forum=41&start=34#165552
Fibro and others
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 11:54:00 AM »
If only dysfunctional families didnt exist. Think of all the stress related diseases that would be eliminated in the world

Offline ChrisL

• View Profile
    • http://chrislewiscpa.com
Fibro and others
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 05:44:00 PM »
There would not be too many people in the world...

I have never met someone's family yet that did not have some sort of dysfuntion in it...maybe not as serious or as much but there is always something that isn't quite right
hris Lewis
Seed 1973 -1975
AA 1991 -