Author Topic: Hyde School Chat Room  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde School Chat Room
« on: November 29, 2005, 06:45:00 PM »
Does anyone on this board know how to start a chat room??  If not a chat room, maybe another bulletin board?  The more places we can post, the more people we can reach out to in order to help.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde School Chat Room
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 07:02:00 PM »
I personally don't know how to start a chat room - but I do know a parent - extremely skilled on the computer... - who must know how to do this -

Will keep this site updated as I find information to help spread the word...

Check out the sites with the new financial info - the Gaulds et al are rolling in cash/dough that we too easily turn over to them and their clones....

They are all laughing - probably saying "ditto" when asked if they are thrilled with their financial take on the backsides of many troubled and not serviced children.

God will decide............and the Gaulds can choose to give back or wait for another's decisions on their falseness and greed and BLATANT hypocriscy - "Truth over Harmony" invades only the seminars, etc. - it appears not to touch the "Gauld Empire" and their wayward cronies...

Offline Lars

• View Profile
Hyde School Chat Room
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »
Hate to say it, but I think you're off base about the whole money thing.  I'm sure the Gauld clan isn't hurting financially, but they're not doing the Hyde school thing for the dough; they're true believers.  I've been as critical of Hyde as anyone on this board, but I don't believe for a second that the whole thing is a scam to make money.  I went there.  Whatever one might say about these folks running the place (and I've said plenty), they do it because they believe in what they do.  There have been many legitimate issues raised on this board, but the notion that this whole business is some sort of financial scam doesn't pass the sniff test.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde School Chat Room
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 11:14:00 PM »
Lars, do you still believe they aren't in it for the money after reading the post below?  This does not include all the land they own, money made on books, speaking engagements, etc!  Where are those expenses coming out of?  Our tuition maybe?  Yes, I do think the Gauld clan does believe in what they are doing, but I think this proves they are making a fortune doing it.  I am sure the evangelists on TV believe in what they are doing too!

This is exact information taken from the 2003 "990" Form of the US Tax Return for Hyde Schools. You can see the full Form in it's entirety by going to http://www.guidestar.org. Anyone can sign up to view the 990's without any charge. Type in Hyde School Woodstock and Hyde School Bath. You can also look at Hyde School DC, which I did not post. Also not posted is the total income from other sources!

Do the math! The "Families" are making a fortune! I take back everything I have thought of the Gauld Families. They are very bright and we are the suckers!!

The truth will set you free Malcolm, Joe, and the rest of you! BTW, your eyes are not deceiving you and there are no typographical errors.

Bath Campus

Total Revenue $13,360,916
Total Expenses 8,750,110
Excess end of year 4,610,806
Net Assets 18,750,422

Travel Expenses $306,240
Conventions,meetings 180,315

Woodstock Campus

Total Revenue $8,460,110
Total Expenses 7,917,536
Excess end of year 542,574
Net Assets 9,297,602

Travel Expenses $165,644
Conventions, meetings 150,024

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde School Chat Room
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 05:42:00 AM »
On 2005-11-29 20:14:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Lars, do you still believe they aren't in it for the money after reading the post below?  This does not include all the land they own, money made on books, speaking engagements, etc!  Where are those expenses coming out of?  Our tuition maybe?  Yes, I do think the Gauld clan does believe in what they are doing, but I think this proves they are making a fortune doing it.  I am sure the evangelists on TV believe in what they are doing too!

This is exact information taken from the 2003 "990" Form of the US Tax Return for Hyde Schools. You can see the full Form in it's entirety by going to http://www.guidestar.org. Anyone can sign up to view the 990's without any charge. Type in Hyde School Woodstock and Hyde School Bath. You can also look at Hyde School DC, which I did not post. Also not posted is the total income from other sources!

Do the math! The "Families" are making a fortune! I take back everything I have thought of the Gauld Families. They are very bright and we are the suckers!!

The truth will set you free Malcolm, Joe, and the rest of you! BTW, your eyes are not deceiving you and there are no typographical errors.

Bath Campus

Total Expenses 8,750,110
Net Assets 18,750,422
Travel Expenses $306,240

Woodstock Campus

Total Revenue $8,460,110
Total Expenses 7,917,536
Net Assets 9,297,602
Travel Expenses $165,644
Conventions, meetings $150,024"

As I understand it, schools need reserves to ensure their survival.  That is how schools that want to survive (and grow and thrive) are run responsibly.

Hyde's assets (cash, endowments, land, capital improvements, value as a going concern, other assets) are no doubt some multiple of their annual revenues -- but regardless of whether these assets are part of the alleged fortune, all the numbers you have provided really reveal is that Hyde has responsibly planned for a future of predictable economic downturns and managed growth.

The question as I see it is, what is the revenue curve for a school the size of Hyde and where does Hyde falls on that curve?  (And otherwise, how does this money ever get into the pockets of the "families".)

Without this information, I don't think I can fairly draw any conclusions.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde School Chat Room
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 06:49:00 AM »
On 2005-11-30 02:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-11-29 20:14:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Lars, do you still believe they aren't in it for the money after reading the post below?  This does not include all the land they own, money made on books, speaking engagements, etc!  Where are those expenses coming out of?  Our tuition maybe?  Yes, I do think the Gauld clan does believe in what they are doing, but I think this proves they are making a fortune doing it.  I am sure the evangelists on TV believe in what they are doing too!

Bath Campus

Total Expenses 8,750,110

Net Assets 18,750,422

Travel Expenses $306,240

Woodstock Campus

Total Revenue $8,460,110

Total Expenses 7,917,536

Net Assets 9,297,602

Travel Expenses $165,644

Conventions, meetings $150,024"

As I understand it, schools need reserves to ensure their survival.  That is how schools that want to survive (and grow and thrive) are run responsibly.

Hyde's assets (cash, endowments, land, capital improvements, value as a going concern, other assets) are no doubt some multiple of their annual revenues -- but regardless of whether these assets are part of the alleged fortune, all the numbers you have provided really reveal is that Hyde has responsibly planned for a future of predictable economic downturns and managed growth.

The question as I see it is, what is the revenue curve for a school the size of Hyde and where does Hyde falls on that curve?  (And otherwise, how does this money ever get into the pockets of the "families".)

Without this information, I don't think I can fairly draw any conclusions."

I think it's a mistake to focus on Hyde's financial status.  Yes, some of the administrators' salaries may be very generous and, yes, perhaps the school has substantial assets.  In my view, we shouldn't dwell on this.

This website has focused primarily on the MANY ways in which Hyde's model is horribly destructive and negligent.  Many students and families have been deeply scarred by Hyde's methods.  That's where we should focus our energy.  That's what the general public, and especially parents considering Hyde, need to know.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde School Chat Room
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 09:36:00 AM »
I think you are missing this posters point.  I agree with the poster that this info is important because it shows something about the integrity of the people running Hyde.  I don't know about the rest of you, but when I was at Hyde each speech that the Gaulds gave included their cry of poverty, and the fact they are not getting rich from Hyde.  NOT TRUE!  They have amassed a fortune besides the high salaries they make.  There is nothing wrong with making a buck, but at least be honest about it!!

Don't forget these high salaries they make go straight to the bank.  None of the staff have the expenses that you and I do in everyday life.  Housing, food, car, insurance, etc is ALL put through the school.  Yes, make your money Joe Gauld, but don't lie about how well off you and what VERY good financial shape the schools are in partly because of the money given by the govt.

Yes, it is much more important to focus on the danger that exists at the school for the students, but this is all part of the lack of integrity!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde School Chat Room
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 01:21:00 PM »
On 2005-11-30 06:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I think you are missing this posters point.  I agree with the poster that this info is important because it shows something about the integrity of the people running Hyde.  I don't know about the rest of you, but when I was at Hyde each speech that the Gaulds gave included their cry of poverty, and the fact they are not getting rich from Hyde.  NOT TRUE!  They have amassed a fortune besides the high salaries they make.  There is nothing wrong with making a buck, but at least be honest about it!!

Don't forget these high salaries they make go straight to the bank.  None of the staff have the expenses that you and I do in everyday life.  Housing, food, car, insurance, etc is ALL put through the school.  Yes, make your money Joe Gauld, but don't lie about how well off you and what VERY good financial shape the schools are in partly because of the money given by the govt.

Yes, it is much more important to focus on the danger that exists at the school for the students, but this is all part of the lack of integrity!"

Actually, I think you are missing the point.  You still have shown nothing about Hyde's financial status (without comparatives) or the Gauld personal wealth.  If you seriously think you have, I suggest you get some assistance with understanding financials.

Yes, back when the school was young and for a long time thereafter, things were MUCH tighter (sometimes on the edge to my knowledge), but just because current finances are better than days of old doesn't change the fact that without comparatives, you can't interpret this information with any reliability, let alone reach a conclusion about integrity.

Offline tommyfromhyde1

• View Profile
Hyde School Chat Room
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 01:11:00 PM »
I agree with Lars that it's not wise to focus on Joe's personal wealth. Maybe it's true that he's getting rich but that's not where he lives. Joe, ladies and gentlemen, is very much a drinker of his own Kool-Aid. What's more important to remember about the money is that the money itself is a brainwashing tool (at least for the parents). After all, the more money that you've given to Joe, the more likely that you're going to stay committed to Hyde, throw your kid out on the street if he runs, etc.

When he [Califano] claims that the voters of Arizona and California did not know what they were voting for when they supported the two initiatives, he reminds me of the way Serbia's President Slobodan Milosevic reacted to recent election results in that country.
-- George Soros -- Sunday, February 2 1997; Page C01 The Washington Post

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde School Chat Room
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 02:43:00 PM »
Yes, this is part of the reason a person would be less apt to leave Hyde. When you invest that much money into a place, it is hard to walk away from it.  Not everyone has $30,000 to throw down the tubes and if things don't work out, bye, bye to your money.  You don't get a dime back unless you threaten a lawsuit and follow through!