Author Topic: ARE there any good facilities for my daughter???  (Read 15719 times)

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
ARE there any good facilities for my daughter???
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2005, 05:42:00 PM »
So why were you turned down?  Or should we take THAT with a grain of salt?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2005, 05:42:00 PM »
Yeah right!!!!!!!
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2005, 05:56:00 PM »
On 2005-12-01 14:42:00, The Liger wrote:

"So why were you turned down?  Or should we take THAT with a grain of salt?
"
It wasnt a good fit, some facilities are not setup to handle all situations.  For example if your child needs a 12 step program incorporated into their week or day not all programs offer that and they may recommend that you seek a different program.  If you have a child who has a history of violence not all programs will take them because of that etc.  Some campus' dont have fences and your child may be the type to run etc.
Like any other business/program each has their strengths and weaknesses and they like to choose the child they feel will be successful within their working model.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2005, 06:18:00 PM »
On 2005-12-01 07:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Excellent comments. I have a relative who is currently incarcerated in a program for the same "crime" of backtalking. She is missing some of the most important years of her life because she had opinions, independent thoughts and the courage to express them. I can only hope that she will still be capable of such "awful" behavior when she is released.  "
In the '60s the shrinks put together a questionaire to be distributed among the inmates of several maximum security prisons with questions regarding what they would do different, do they have remorse for the people they hurt etc.  It turns out that 99% of the inmates claimed they were innocent and never committed a crime !!!!

Offline trnsz

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2005, 06:40:00 PM »
How would you know this unless you work there?  I was turned down by 2 places which were not a good fit for my child, and after hearing their explanation I agreed and thanked them. It is posts like this that make me take some of the horror stories, I read posted here, with a grain of salt."

I am only speaking from my own experience, and the experiences of those I know.

Personally, I'd be shocked if these programs that "turned you down" were WWASPS programs.  Take that with as much salt as you'd like.

-- [email protected][ This Message was edited by: trnsz on 2005-12-01 15:40 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2005, 06:45:00 PM »
On 2005-12-01 15:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"Excellent comments. I have a relative who is currently incarcerated in a program for the same "crime" of backtalking. She is missing some of the most important years of her life because she had opinions, independent thoughts and the courage to express them. I can only hope that she will still be capable of such "awful" behavior when she is released.  "

In the '60s the shrinks put together a questionaire to be distributed among the inmates of several maximum security prisons with questions regarding what they would do different, do they have remorse for the people they hurt etc.  It turns out that 99% of the inmates claimed they were innocent and never committed a crime !!!!"

Contrary to what the programs and the programmed parents want you to believe, the vast majority of teenagers are not hardened criminals. Talking back, doing drugs, running away, failing classes and sleeping around are not the same as murder. Teens, no matter how "wild", do not deserve to be imprisoned without a fair trial-- even if their parents believe it will "save" them.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2005, 07:02:00 PM »
On 2005-12-01 15:45:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-12-01 15:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

In the '60s the shrinks put together a questionaire to be distributed among the inmates of several maximum security prisons with questions regarding what they would do different, do they have remorse for the people they hurt etc.  It turns out that 99% of the inmates claimed they were innocent and never committed a crime !!!!"

Contrary to what the programs and the programmed parents want you to believe, the vast majority of teenagers are not hardened criminals. Talking back, doing drugs, running away, failing classes and sleeping around are not the same as murder. Teens, no matter how "wild", do not deserve to be imprisoned without a fair trial-- even if their parents believe it will "save" them. "
Well I think we can all agree that They are not sent away for failing one class, or accidently talked back to their parents nor because they murdered someone.  Their problems are somewhere in between the two.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2005, 07:19:00 PM »
On 2005-12-01 15:40:00, trnsz wrote:

"
How would you know this unless you work there?  I was turned down by 2 places which were not a good fit for my child, and after hearing their explanation I agreed and thanked them. It is posts like this that make me take some of the horror stories, I read posted here, with a grain of salt."

I am only speaking from my own experience, and the experiences of those I know.

Personally, I'd be shocked if these programs that "turned you down" were WWASPS programs.  Take that with as much salt as you'd like.

-- [email protected][ This Message was edited by: trnsz on 2005-12-01 15:40 ]"
No I didnt contact any WWASPS schools I dont believe, so I cant speak to that.  One was an Aspen school.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2005, 07:35:00 PM »
I know of several programs that are very selective and turn down a number of students. Oakley, Carlbrook and Cascade(out of business now) have turned down kids. As the previous poster said, the reputable programs will do a thorough analysis of the child to determine if their program will be beneficial.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2005, 08:09:00 PM »
Right. Do you have any proof to back that up?

Janis, Jimi, Gery, Timothy... Did you HAVE to get so close to the edge to get a really good view?
-- Anonymous

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »
Who needs fences when the facility is located 2+ hours from the nearest village and surrounded by complete wilderness! Some brave kids still try to run, most get caught quickly. Bless their poor little souls for having the guts to try!

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2005, 10:09:00 PM »
On 2005-12-01 17:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Who needs fences when the facility is located 2+ hours from the nearest village and surrounded by complete wilderness! Some brave kids still try to run, most get caught quickly. Bless their poor little souls for having the guts to try!"
Right -- being 2+ hours from the nearest village is a fence in itself.  I think the point was that some facilities wont except some children based on what they are setup to handle.  If they are a facility without fences they dont want to except a child who is a flight risk.  They want to try to be as successful as possible with each child.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2005, 11:19:00 PM »
Helloooooooo? Who needs fences when you have a sophisticated alarm system?
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2005, 11:22:00 PM »
and video cameras that are monitored 24/7 giving you no privacy!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2005, 11:28:00 PM »
If they are a facility without fences they dont want to except a child who is a flight risk. They want to try to be as successful as possible with each child.

THESE facilities themselves create the run risk because human beings naturally run away from danger. There is a reason these shitholes are in the middle of nowhere, or are lockdown facilities. This is not treatment, these is private prisons where ' civil rights' mean nothing.