Author Topic: Parent Brainwashing Paraphernalia  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
Parent Brainwashing Paraphernalia
« on: November 28, 2005, 09:28:00 AM »
This is so crazy....my dad was going through old junk while I was at home and he came across a bunch of handouts given to him while I was in Straight.

Lets see, he found 2 chemically dependent child/family handouts, feeling word list, the awareness wheel handout, moral inventory guide, and a long questionaire.  He also found a ton of tough love documents, that may or may not have been from Straight.

My dad also found a 1988 story in the paper about my brother's involvement in Straight (sibling). My brother's comments show that he was still brainwashed long after I got out. Insane......proof in black and white of how Straight brainwashed entire families.

If that's not strange enough, my dad also found handwritten notes about my brother's sibling interviews 2 weeks after I went in Straight. The notes also say something to the effect that my brother offered me speed. Ummmmm...I dont remember that, but hey that was over 20 years ago. If he did I'm sure I refused....maybe they were still trying to find any shred of evidence that I was lying when I kept insisting I never did drugs.I also saw a couple names written down that I had completely forgotten about. Bizarre stuff.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 09:43:00 AM »
The awareness wheel was creepy to see....Here's what it says

"The awareness wheel represents the dimensions of human perception, communication, and action. It helps you become more aware of yourself. It helps develop more awareness of others. It helps you become more aware in relationships."

Then there's a lovely diagram of a wheel....in the center is the "issue," and the outer spokes are "sensations, thoughts, feelings, intentions, actions..."

Lovely to see a damn handout illustrating that damn curse of "awareness." Yuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scary shit.............  :scared:  :scared:
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 08:07:00 PM »
Hey NCL, hold onto that stuff, will you? Keep it in a safe place for us? Thanks a mil.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »
On 2005-12-01 17:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hey NCL, hold onto that stuff, will you? Keep it in a safe place for us? Thanks a mil. "

No problem....if I find more I'll hang on to them as well. That is actually part of the reason I mentioned it...in case someone would want/need them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 09:07:00 AM »
burn that piece of shit.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 12:18:00 PM »
On 2005-12-02 06:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

"burn that piece of shit."

oh, and i suppose you are all done getting over straight? fine then, take your OWN things that helped you understand and remember along the way, and burn them in a big ritual fire!

oh, that's probably what you meant in the first place. i was just pretending to be reactionary.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 12:42:00 PM »
I think after I find all the docs that I am going to I will make copies and burn them in a ritual fire...of course I will keep the originals in a safe and secure place, after all..its documentation of the crap Straight put me through.

Maybe one of these years we can all start a huge bonfire to burn Straight documents (copies, NOT originals)??????????