Author Topic: HYDE SCHOOL Questions about Finances  (Read 7555 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HYDE SCHOOL Questions about Finances
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2006, 05:30:00 AM »
On 2006-04-25 20:21:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I would like to know how your case goes. My daughter was told to leave in early November and they also didn't think they had to return any money even though a local therapist and pyschiatrist also recommended it.  The contract reads that if the parents or child (who is a minor) withdraws, then they keep the money. We did not withdraw. We begged to stay.  After several letters etc, we did receive partial refund, but the stress was incredible."

Unfortuntely your situation is very common at Hyde, in that they seem to accept many students who need mental health services that Hyde isn't willing to provide. How can they accept a kid who really needs residential treatment? Hyde doesn't even have a counseling staff. This is a tragic situation that is costly to so many people, especially the kids. Did Hyde know about your child's needs when they accepted her? You may want to consult a lawyer to see whether Hyde should be held legally responsible for accepting your daughter when the school wasn't prepared to provide her with what she needed. I feel very bad for you and your family.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2006, 04:56:00 PM »
On 2006-04-26 02:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"I would like to know how your case goes. My daughter was told to leave in early November and they also didn't think they had to return any money even though a local therapist and pyschiatrist also recommended it.  The contract reads that if the parents or child (who is a minor) withdraws, then they keep the money. We did not withdraw. We begged to stay.  After several letters etc, we did receive partial refund, but the stress was incredible."

Unfortuntely your situation is very common at Hyde, in that they seem to accept many students who need mental health services that Hyde isn't willing to provide. How can they accept a kid who really needs residential treatment? Hyde doesn't even have a counseling staff. This is a tragic situation that is costly to so many people, especially the kids. Did Hyde know about your child's needs when they accepted her? You may want to consult a lawyer to see whether Hyde should be held legally responsible for accepting your daughter when the school wasn't prepared to provide her with what she needed. I feel very bad for you and your family."

I am tired of hearing everyone whining yet doing nothing about it.  There are avenues you can take to either get your money back or to make sure it doesn't happen to other students.  There are organizations, government agencies, and other ways to put an end to this.  I have always believed that if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2006, 07:31:00 PM »
On 2006-04-26 13:56:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-26 02:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Unfortuntely your situation is very common at Hyde, in that they seem to accept many students who need mental health services that Hyde isn't willing to provide. How can they accept a kid who really needs residential treatment? Hyde doesn't even have a counseling staff. This is a tragic situation that is costly to so many people, especially the kids. Did Hyde know about your child's needs when they accepted her? You may want to consult a lawyer to see whether Hyde should be held legally responsible for accepting your daughter when the school wasn't prepared to provide her with what she needed. I feel very bad for you and your family."

I am tired of hearing everyone whining yet doing nothing about it.  There are avenues you can take to either get your money back or to make sure it doesn't happen to other students.  There are organizations, government agencies, and other ways to put an end to this.  I have always believed that if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem!"

A number of people have challenged Hyde, but probably not enough people have.  Several people on this board have commented on past, current, or about-to-be-filed lawsuits against Hyde.  Apparently some people have contacted NEASC and that university in Florida that's looking into schools that don't help the kids they admit.  I agree that more people need to speak out and expose Hyde.  From what I hear, contacting NEASC is one of the best avenues.