Author Topic: Former students - Our worst experiences  (Read 11986 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former students - Our worst experiences
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2006, 11:16:50 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
i am in college, and have been. i spent three years at hyde. forgive any gramatical errors because i am horrible gramaticly.  

i don't consider it treatment at all.  Most kids are just whiney(i was also) and so they tend to exagerate a little.  

i agree that it isn't a place that people with drug addictions sould go.  they belong in a facility with proper treatment and not just A.A.  I am not discounting the sobriety program because i have seen it save lives.  

I have had friends with drug problems and this school has helped to give me the confidence to step up to tehm and put the friendship on the line.  

Also teh way that brothers keeper is defined in the school is not realistic in the real world.  there is no way that someone is going to run to their boss to tell them that another employee stole a pen, or paper.  that is not the "essence" of brothers keeper.  BK is more of looking out for people arpound you and halping them to lead productive lives.  

i won't be saintly and pretend that all my friends live amazing productive lives but also there is a point when I want you to let people fail on their own.  when I want you to remove all the training wheels and let them fail and then get back up on their own.  most of these kids that go to hyde also have their parents still wanting to hold on the training wheels still.  when all they really need to do is let tehm fail on their own and learn to ask for help.  to know their limits

Something is very fishy about the above posting. You are in college but you can't spell easy words?  Sorry, but I really don't trust that you are who you say you are.  Then again you say you spent three years at Hyde and you can't spell or write......hmmmmm.....not saying much about the scholastics at Hyde!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2006, 07:26:54 AM »
i am in college, and have been. i spent three years at hyde. forgive any gramatical errors because i am horrible gramaticly.  

i don't consider it treatment at all.  Most kids are just whiney(i was also) and so they tend to exagerate a little.  

i agree that it isn't a place that people with drug addictions sould go.  they belong in a facility with proper treatment and not just A.A.  I am not discounting the sobriety program because i have seen it save lives.  

I have had friends with drug problems and this school has helped to give me the confidence to step up to tehm and put the friendship on the line.  

Also teh way that brothers keeper is defined in the school is not realistic in the real world.  there is no way that someone is going to run to their boss to tell them that another employee stole a pen, or paper.  that is not the "essence" of brothers keeper.  BK is more of looking out for people arpound you and halping them to lead productive lives.  

i won't be saintly and pretend that all my friends live amazing productive lives but also there is a point when I want you to let people fail on their own.  when I want you to remove all the training wheels and let them fail and then get back up on their own.  most of these kids that go to hyde also have their parents still wanting to hold on the training wheels still.  when all they really need to do is let tehm fail on their own and learn to ask for help.  to know their limits

Something is very fishy about the above posting. You are in college but you can't spell easy words?  Sorry, but I really don't trust that you are who you say you are.  Then again you say you spent three years at Hyde and you can't spell or write......hmmmmm.....not saying much about the scholastics at Hyde!!

Many people have difficulty spelling.   I am among them.  I have a measured IQ in the 140 range, have an engineering degree magna cum, etc, etc.  I have a hard time spelling.  Big deal.  We are not submitting english papers to sumner hawley.  We are exchanging thoughts about hyde.  If the only wak thing you can come up with is ripping some one for spelling .......

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2006, 09:32:19 AM »

Many people have difficulty spelling.   I am among them.  I have a measured IQ in the 140 range, have an engineering degree magna cum, etc, etc.  I have a hard time spelling.  Big deal.  We are not submitting english papers to sumner hawley.  We are exchanging thoughts about hyde.  If the only wak thing you can come up with is ripping some one for spelling .......

Just as I thought!  You are playing us.  You are a little too obvious.  I don't think anyone should waste their time replying to you including me!  All on this board should ignore this phony student!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2006, 12:37:50 PM »

So are you saying that most of the kids who are in Hyde for behavioral problems really don't need to be there?  Maybe the parents just need to step up and do their jobs?

How many kids with supposed drug problems ARE there, since you say it really isn't the place for them.

How does the Brother's Keeper concept work inside the school?  Did you find that helpful?

What do you mean by the "confidence to put the friendship in the line"?

Anon, I understand your instinct to dismiss this poster.  I too am questioning their motives but I think a lot can be learned from what they're saying, even if it's not the message they intended to give.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2006, 01:50:10 PM »

Just as I thought!  You are playing us.  You are a little too obvious.  I don't think anyone should waste their time replying to you including me!  All on this board should ignore this phony student!

Please ignore me. Ingore ance is bliss.

Offline survivorami

• View Profile
Re: Former students - Our worst experiences
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2021, 09:21:22 PM »
This place is an abusive cult run by Joe Gauld and all his offspring and their spouses, plus Malcolm Gauld’s wife Laura Denton Gauld and her sister Claire Denton Grant and Claire’s husband Ken Grant. This clan has been psychologically and physically harming kids and their families for decades while paying their mostly high-turnover faculty next to nothing and making themselves rich. The only other place where they do spend lots of money is PR/marketing, producing endless glossy photos, videos of smiling kids, and substance-less spinning explanations of what they “offer”.  Hyde is on a number of watchlists in the troubled teen industry survivors groups for alleged human rights abuses. There has been a huge number sexual assault accusations by students towards faculty and other students, which always gets promptly swept under the rug by the Gauld dynasty. Google “Hiler v Hyde” for proof of just one incident that resulted in Hyde paying off the family in a court settlement because of a teacher with a known history fondling a student.

Joe gauld is a narcissistic abuser who used to hit all the students and bragged about it in TIME and other local and national journals. This “school” employs no psychologists or mental health professionals while accepting “problem kids” with every issue from drug abuse to bipolar to a history of trauma, and then “treats” them with unscientific, made up, “character building”, sometimes racist and homophobic cult nonsense. They force kids exercise through tears and horrific pain, sometimes to the point of injury. They are chronically medically neglectful. If you want pitiful academics, cultlike nonsense, a high level of nepotism, no real science based help for anyone’s issues, physical and emotional abuse, and fake family “seminar” (pseudo-counseling) led by uneducated 22 year olds which do participants far more harm than good, as well as having to pay for your kid to be in therapy to recover from Hyde for the next 20 years, all for the low, low price of $60-70k plus $5k for summer plus travel, then Hyde School is the right choice for you!

Look up Hyde school on Yelp, message boards, on Amazon, on Reddit.. just Google the words “Hyde School abuse” or “Hyde school complaints”. Don’t be seduced by their non-committal spin, their vague, empty promises, and their photos of the happy kids on a ropes course (which a child might see one single time in a year). This is a dangerous, irresponsible, abusive environment for any human being to be in. There are also more than 160 dead former Hyde students, many from suicide and drug overdose, most died under age 30. Google it.