Author Topic: Is this forum for real?  (Read 1485 times)

Offline lonebikerdude1

• View Profile
Is this forum for real?
« on: November 24, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »
I was the 30th person in the opening of Straight Inc. in 1976. I am looking for survivors of that time.
Are you out there?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Is this forum for real?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 11:34:00 AM »
Wow, what was that like? I know of a couple of ppl who were there nearly that long ago. And I know of one Seed grad who's dad was on the original board of directors.

But most of the story is still a mystery. How many kids were in the original group and where did they come from? Were they mostly Seed start overs? Were they open with you guys about the connections to the Seed? I know that Art Barker was very, very hostile to the St. Pete group, especially those who had the audacity to try and create a Seed without him. I didn't know any of that till I started hooking up w/ people who were there back then. In fact, I didn't even know there WAS a Straight, Inc. till I landed up there in late `80.

When an innocent Californian millionaire gets killed by a drug squad
trying to seize his house with a bogus search warrant, people better ask themselves if they really want to turn their cops into money-makers.
--Vancouver Police Const. Gil Puder

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline 001010

• View Profile
Is this forum for real?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 09:46:00 PM »
It's been pretty real to me, besides the obvious "trolling" types.

Welcome to reality!  :wave:

I'm a PATRIOT because I believe in the nations ability to un-fuck itself.
--Nihilanthic

[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline lonebikerdude1

• View Profile
Is this forum for real?
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 09:42:00 AM »
It was strange. I was really scared.
The place looked like an old train station.
I landed there because of an old friend who was there before me. Thats how they got their clients back then.
Someone would get to second phase and then would go talk to the parents of a friend.
Next thing you knew you were in intake.
I arived there with a bag of pot on me so they told me if I didn' sign myself in they would get a court order and put me there through a judge.
I figured I had a better chance if I went ahead and signed. Besides that my mom was crying and it killed me knowing that I was the present cause of her pain.
She had a brother that ended up in a psychiatric ward because of drugs and did'nt want to se me suffer the same fate.
I remember...Tom Vida,Mike Shehan,Marcy ?,Robin ?, Ron ?, and of course Miss Peterman as counselors.

The thing that really got to me later is that I found out these guys were preaching to us about the evils of drugs then going home at night and drinking and smoking pot!

I'm looking for people from that time peroid.

If you know one of the counselors mentioned above or even someone from that time frame could you please have them reply to this post?
The one person I'd really like to talk to is Tom.
I think he knew something was wrong from the get go. He was the one person that I feel I made some kind of connection with.

Thank you for responding to my post.

I hope more people do.[ This Message was edited by: lonebikerdude1 on 2005-11-25 06:44 ]