Author Topic: Liscensure Questions  (Read 32903 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Liscensure Questions
« Reply #300 on: March 16, 2006, 06:42:00 PM »
5) Within 30 days after the beginning of each school year, it shall be the duty of the administrator of each private school to provide to the school superintendent of each local public school district which has residents enrolled in the private school a list of the name, age, and residence of each resident so enrolled.

I'm not sure how this dovetails with "confidentiality."  

I can't see how they could possibly be in compliance with these regulations and still maintain confidentiality of their patients.

Maybe that's why they don't comply?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Liscensure Questions
« Reply #301 on: March 16, 2006, 07:37:00 PM »
Is Hidden Lake Academy in Dahlonega registered with your office as a private boarding school and do they provide reports to this office? Thank you for your prompt response.

Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 16:03:14 -0400
Subject: Re: Private School Inquiry

Yes!  They provide enrollment at the beginning of each school year.

Didn't know to ask about the monthly reports.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Liscensure Questions
« Reply #302 on: March 19, 2006, 09:37:00 AM »
On 2006-03-15 11:01:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:

"Chris Allen was a licensed counselor.  He left HLA.  Unfortunately, he was the ONLY licensed counselor on staff at the time.

Since Chris' departure, HLA reportedly has been operating with NO LICENSED COUNSELORS.

How can they offer therapy and bill for it without a licensed counselor on board?  The short answer I've gotten is that the boss signs off on the paperwork.  Since he does not directly treat patients, this seems fraudulent.  

Can any HLA employees explain how they offer therapy without licenses to provide it?

"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arnold Schopenhauer"

Anyone?
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
Liscensure Questions
« Reply #303 on: March 19, 2006, 10:01:00 AM »
Lenny B. signs off on all the counseling bills each month.. Even when Chris Allen was there,
I have not one counseling bill signed by him.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Liscensure Questions
« Reply #304 on: March 19, 2006, 12:22:00 PM »
Sooo in other words the guy that has zero interaction with the students?

You might as well have gotten Bullfrog to sign off on them. She saw the kids just as much as he did, which was never.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Liscensure Questions
« Reply #305 on: March 24, 2006, 12:13:00 PM »
On 2006-03-19 06:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-03-15 11:01:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:

"Chris Allen was a licensed counselor.  He left HLA.  Unfortunately, he was the ONLY licensed counselor on staff at the time.

Since Chris' departure, HLA reportedly has been operating with NO LICENSED COUNSELORS.

How can they offer therapy and bill for it without a licensed counselor on board?  The short answer I've gotten is that the boss signs off on the paperwork.  Since he does not directly treat patients, this seems fraudulent.  

Can any HLA employees explain how they offer therapy without licenses to provide it?

"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arnold Schopenhauer"

Anyone?"

bump
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Liscensure Questions
« Reply #306 on: March 27, 2006, 08:14:00 AM »
Maybe someone will respond after they hire a licensed practitioner?

How are they doing "therapy" now without a license?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline odie

• View Profile
Liscensure Questions
« Reply #307 on: March 27, 2006, 11:18:00 AM »
Updated staff listing shows 1 LPC, 1 MSW, and 1 LAPC. Looks like they have their bases covered.

Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.
--Napoleon Bonaparte, French emperor

die

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
Liscensure Questions
« Reply #308 on: March 27, 2006, 11:35:00 AM »
In the State of Georgia, regarding an LPN...are they allowed to dispense medication without an RN
overseeing distribution?[ This Message was edited by: juniper2 on 2006-03-27 08:36 ]

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Liscensure Questions
« Reply #309 on: March 27, 2006, 11:46:00 AM »
On 2006-03-27 08:18:00, odie wrote:

"Updated staff listing shows 1 LPC, 1 MSW, and 1 LAPC. Looks like they have their bases covered.

Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.
--Napoleon Bonaparte, French emperor

"

Well, I'd say it's a little less than "bases covered."  Three practitioners to handle a caseload of over 150 kids doesn't quite get it done.

In effect, these kids are given hours and hours of "therapy" every week by unlicensed staff.  Look, if every kid gets three hours of counseling a week (conservative estimate) that leaves the three licensed counselors with a workload equal to one hundred and fifty hours per week each.

Somehow I seriously doubt that these folks are the ones doing the counseling.  I hope they are aware that if the billing is being done in their names, yet they are not seeing the patients, it leaves them in legal jeopardy for a serious criminal offense.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Liscensure Questions
« Reply #310 on: March 27, 2006, 12:58:00 PM »
On 2006-03-27 08:35:00, juniper2 wrote:

"In the State of Georgia, regarding an LPN...are they allowed to dispense medication without an RN

overseeing distribution?[ This Message was edited by: juniper2 on 2006-03-27 08:36 ]"

(d) Medications. The institutions shall develop and implement policies and procedures for
the use and management of all types of medications. All direct care staff shall receive
orientation on the policies and procedures. Such policies and procedures shall include the
following:*
1. Non-prescription medications. No child shall be given a non-prescription medication
by staff members of the institution unless the child exhibits symptoms that the medication
is designed to relieve.*
2. Prescription medications. No child shall be given a prescription medication unless the
mediation is prescribed for the child by an authorized health care professional.*
(i) Prescription medications shall only be given to a child as ordered in the child's
prescription. An institution shall not permit such medications prescribed for one child to
be given to any other child.*
(ii) A child's attending physician shall be notified in cases of dosage errors, drug
reactions, or if the prescription medication does not appear to be effective.*
3. Psychotropic medications. No child shall be given psychotropic medications unless use
is in accordance with the goals and objectives of the child's service plan.*
(i) Psychotropic medications must be prescribed by a physician who has responsibility for
the diagnosis and treatment of the child's conditions that necessitate such medication.
Continued use of psychotropic medications shall be reviewed by the prescribing physician
every sixty days.*
(ii) Psychotropic medication shall only be given to a child as ordered in the child's
prescription. An institution shall not permit such medications prescribed for one child to
be given to another child.*
(iii) The prescribing physician shall be notified in cases of dosage errors, drug reactions,
or if the psychotropic medication does not appear to be effective.*
4. An institution shall designate and authorize classes of staff, such as Child Care
Workers, to handout medications and supervise the taking of medications. Only
designated and authorized staff shall handout and supervise the taking of medication.*
5. An institution shall maintain a record of all medications handed-out by authorized staff
and taken by children to include: name of child taking medication, name of prescribing
physician and date of prescription (if the medication is prescription or psychotropic),
required dosage, date and time taken, dosage taken, and name and signature of staff
member that handed-out and supervised the taking of the medication.*
6. All prescription and non-prescription medications shall be kept in a locked storage
cabinet or container which is not accessible to the children and stored separate from
cleaning chemicals and supplies or poisons. The keys to the locked cabinets or containers
shall not be accessible to residents.*
7. All expired medications shall be discarded and not handed-out for use.*
(e) First Aid Supplies. Each living unit shall have a first aid kit and instruction manual;
such kit shall contain scissors, tweezers, gauze pads, adhesive tape, thermometer, assorted
band-aids, antiseptic cleaning solution, and bandages.*
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline odie

• View Profile
Liscensure Questions
« Reply #311 on: March 27, 2006, 03:32:00 PM »
In other words just about anyone can give out the meds. :roll:

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher.
--Ambrose Bierce

die

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Liscensure Questions
« Reply #312 on: March 30, 2006, 01:43:00 PM »
On 2005-12-14 10:21:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Posted by a physician in another thread...

"My experience with Hidden Lake Academy was also distressing.

In my opinion, and the opinions of the six other physicians in my practice who followed my HLA misadventure with me, HLA is a predator whose prey is the horrified parents of disturbed teens. It is an institution of opportunity, bringing home its bottom line at the expense of the desperate, frazzled families it exploits.

By the time most parents are introduced to HLA, they've already been through a costly and demoralizing gauntlet of police stations, court appearances, counselor visits, psychiatric evaluations...even hospital visits.

To say they are desperate is an understatement. They are trying to keep their families from self-destructing. In most cases, the only option is turning the child out onto the streets: most insurance policies won't cover mental health care, and even if a family is lucky enough to have good coverage, it is limited to short, individual events. Deeply needed inpatient care is rarely an option for most of these families.

So even considering a modality such as a therapeutic boarding school is a true extravagance. Actually sending the student may mean mortgaging a home, selling it, or even bancruptcy.

Enter Hidden Lake and its ilk.

I was asked by the parents of a young teen to evaluate HLA by its Web site. What stood out to me even more than the philosophy that medical therapy was discouraged were the many typographical errors and careless mistakes on nearly every page of the site. While my own writing is not perfect, I am not registered as a boarding school, responsible for the education of children, presumably overflowing with teachers more than capable of proofreading the very materials provided to the public for the purpose of attracting business.

When I brought my concerns to the attention to the school, they were received with, well, less than warm gratitude. My comments to HLA were meant to be constructive. I was gracious and self-effacing in my original letter because the last thing I wanted was to offend the school. Clearly such niceties were a waste of effort.

Given that the parents are expected to pay upwards of seven thousand dollars per month for the privilege of sending their child to a therapeutic boarding school, I actually expected a minimum of civility. None was evident.

My credentials were questioned?this from an institution whose methods are questionable, at best, from a medical (and psychiatric, I might add) point of view.

Fast forward a few months...and imagine how surprised I was to come across the story of the parent in the previous posts. Am I shocked HLA will not send the child's transcripts? Nope. They demonstrated their pettiness, immaturity, and curious vindictiveness to me, a peer and potential referral base a long time ago. Was I surprised that personal belongings, including necessary daily medications, were sent COD?by ground? Actually, yes.

Not only did that shock me, it caused me to pick up the phone and discuss this gross mismanagement of a patient's medications with a malpractice attorney, who recommends HLA check to be sure their insurance premiums are paid.

To the parent: my suggestion is that you alert your attorney to your experience. Gather all proof of your allegations, including the boxes the personal effects were sent in, the COD receipt(s), the condition of any damaged items, a list of missing items, if any, and proof of payments made to HLA. Regardless of any contract signed (as a previous Anonymous poster cryptically stated), a minimum level of responsibility to the patient's health is required by ANY institution. That minimum includes making reasonable arrangements for the patient to have access to their medications. COD shipping by ground is not, by any standard, "reasonable."

So guess what, parent? You may be getting a sizeable percentage of the "investment" HLA coerced you to pay them right back into your pocket.

I'll be cheering for you from this sideline."

UNBIASED OUTSIDE OPINION BY MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL SAYS HLA IS "PREDATOR" VICTIMIZING PARENTS AND CHILDREN.  WAKE UP, PEOPLE.   :skull:"

I guess HLA is not very well respected by the professional community.  This doctor has a lot to say about how they operate.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Liscensure Questions
« Reply #313 on: April 02, 2006, 09:15:00 AM »
The last post is a pretty damning indictment from an outside party.  I'm not sure how you parents can't see through the smokescreen...
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Liscensure Questions
« Reply #314 on: September 14, 2006, 06:49:34 PM »
Quote from: ""RobertBruce""
Recently a number of questions have been raised concerning whether or not HLA is liscened as they should be.

The answer is no.

HLA has lied to the state since its inception claiming that they are a traditional boarding school where the emphasis is on education.

However the website and what the told the parents and education consultants was a very different story.

In that respect it claimed it was a theraputic boarding school with an emphasis on therapy.

Its admission policy seemed to fall more in line with that it was a theraputic boarding school. I mean how many traditional ones require an evaluation and recomendation by a psychologist?

So now the question arises, is it a theraputic boarding school or not?

If it is then why isnt HLA licensed as one?

If it isnt then why is there so much emphasis placed on therapy?

Perhaps it is a theraputic boarding school as their website claimed, but does not mention that to the state for various reasons.

Namely a few simple policies they would be forced to follow.

1. Food cannot be rationed.

2. Physical labor cannot be used as a punishment.

3. A state represenative must be available for greivances.

You know those little things HLA has a current policy which they may not want to change around.

I know Deborah had a full listing off all the regs that would apply. Perhaps she could be generous enough to post those again for us.

Id be interested to see if any of Buchi's puppets can address these questions or if theyd rather pretend they dont exist.

Maybe we will get lucky and Buch himself will drop by and put some of these questions to rest.

We can hope cant we?

Stuck by his guns for an entire year of abuse heaped upon him for telling the truth - turns out he's dead on the money.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control