Author Topic: Fonits Counterpart  (Read 706 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fonits Counterpart
« on: November 18, 2005, 12:22:00 PM »
Does anyone know if there is a counterpart to this website; meaning, are there people who actually believe they were helped by their experience at Straight and go on to boast about it?  I'd be interested to see how they spin things.  I know from time to time you see someone post here, but I wonder if there is an organized group.  I ask because I think the focus on the Semblers, Newton, et. al. is important, but what happens when these people kick the can?  The void will be filled by someone else, right?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fonits Counterpart
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 03:06:00 PM »
ACtually there is a website for pro straight and child abuse.  Check out the wwasp sites, I think they fit the bill.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Fonits Counterpart
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 04:04:00 PM »
Actually, funny thing. When Don Smith first found our old forum, he set about to counter what he viewed as disinformation w/ a yahoo list ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Straight_Inc_Alumni/ ) and a book. In the course of researching the book, he kept finding that our claims were true (as regards business dealings and other documentable claims). As the discussion list grew, it became clear that there are really very few people who view the Straight program as having been overall helpful. Even the vast majority of those people admit that it needed some serious fixing.

But Don's a good guy, though. He started this thing and has stuck w/ it, even when it's gotten ugly. Most ppl who support the program seem to lead very insular lives. DFAF used to have a forum, but they shut it down due to "abuse" like people asking difficult questions about Straight. LOL

The legislature is to society as a physician is to the patient. If a physician ignored side effects of medications like today's legislators ignore the side effects of their legislation, the physician would be accused of malpractice. I accuse today's legislators (with rare exception) of legislative malpractice. Many of the ills that are so obvious in our society are a direct result of previous legislation. Their solution? More laws!
-- John A. Bennett, DO

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes