Author Topic: THE WRITING WAS ON THE WALL  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THE WRITING WAS ON THE WALL
« on: October 09, 2005, 09:59:00 PM »
think about all the signs that clearly spelled "PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION" but u stayed cause u were afraid to leave . . .please list all the ways you knew deep down that what they were doin to uu was clear as day. The real question is "Why did you stay despite it all?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline FueLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 01:01:00 PM »
Good question. I stayed because I was 14-15 years old and my parents made me stay. Also I was under the (mistaken) assumption that If I left (split the program) I could somehow be placed in juvenile hall. I was also scared and had no place to really go. I had never worked and had no real ability to go out on my own and take care of myself.

One of my biggest and most depressing memories was sitting in the group and feeling stuck and hopeless.

Offline Napolean Bonafart

• View Profile
    • http://electriclarryland.spaces.live.com/lists/
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »
That line of crap was on the wall and I believed it, but it led me into a secret life and I was totally alone. After all was done and said I was a trained super-being. But who cares about us now? Not anybody I know but UNCLE SAM.

Religion is just mind control.
--George Carlin, comedian

quot;Thank you peanut gallery\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 11:37:00 PM »
Let me point out the lesson I learned from being a young kid and having to stay put, DESPITE IT ALL:

I would be a fool to ever trust a stanger again.  

Just like then, I suspect I am or will be  screwed with on some level by responding any further and that's not something I care to experience. Ever again. :smile:

Stripe.

Offline NOT12NOW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 09:44:00 AM »
My first few days were filled with fantasies of escaping but it was clear I couldn't get away, I had no where to go and it wasn't long till I saw kids who had run, caught--right back in group.
 In addition I had fantasies about my parents accepting and loving me again.  Really, I would stare out the window fantasizing about busting through the screen and running away forever followed by fantasizing that my parents were in the courtyard outside the window arms exstended to me like I was a toddler taking her first steps.  So I guess, despite what I saw, I had hopes, at first, that the program would make everything ok in my family again.  But after a couple weeks it didn't matter anymore cause the system won, it didn't take long to overpower a desperate young girl.   After that I was so busy looking for signs of fucked-up-ness in myself that my awareness that the program was fucked was disabled.  Any time anything happened in group which brought that to my attention I turning it around on myself asap--they weren't fucked up I was fucked up for thinking that and if I didn't stop I would be caught, screamed at or even started over.
All in all, given my powerless position at the time I think my unconscious did me a big favor by giving in enough to get through as fast as possible.
leveland chick 76-77

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 09:15:00 AM »
On 2005-11-15 06:44:00, NOT12NOW wrote:

" But after a couple weeks it didn't matter anymore cause the system won, it didn't take long to overpower a desperate young girl.   After that I was so busy looking for signs of fucked-up-ness in myself that my awareness that the program was fucked was disabled.  Any time anything happened in group which brought that to my attention I turning it around on myself asap--they weren't fucked up I was fucked up for thinking that and if I didn't stop I would be caught, screamed at or even started over.

All in all, given my powerless position at the time I think my unconscious did me a big favor by giving in enough to get through as fast as possible.
"

I vaguely recall running a smiliar kind of mindgame on myself way back then, but not until I was an oldcomer. I guess that just proves how "good" the programming was at the seed.  

When a child's mind is manipulated to to point of turning against itself as a protective measure...that's some pretty strong evidence of an unwholesome situation. And I'm being kind using the word "unwholesome" to describe the seed.
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa

Offline Jupiter Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 04:00:00 PM »
I was 14 and my mom made me (not exactly her but staff)and I didn't know there was a choice.  With threats of going to Juvie (even though I had not broken the law)and all of the be honest with yourself (i.e. be honest like THEY say honest is) being doomed to addiction or jail, I guess I was caught in a cycle of trying to fit in, trying to figure out what was wrong with me, why I was the only one that didn't get IT.... that and the fact that a staff member knew sign language....geeez