Author Topic: Grr!  (Read 768 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Grr!
« on: November 13, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »
I find it hard to explain my experience to people that have not been to Straight they dont get it and dont understand like this one person this is what they asked:

I don?t want to pry into the details of your family and why you were sent there. Looking back on it do you think they may have saved you from a fate much worse than you experienced or even saved your life? I probably would have sent one of my sons there if I thought it would save his life and get him off drugs so I can?t really judge.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Grr!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 12:44:00 AM »
Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease...

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Grr!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 01:44:00 AM »
You have been indoctrinated into the cult.  The cult of the Real America.  Why were you selected for re-acculturration in str8 ??  Ask yourself: what are their motives ??  If you can see str8 in the light of truth then you will notice the forms changin'.  The gentle lies and a soft touch becoming the wicked look, and the violent physical and mental assault.  It was in 'em from the start.  Before any of us were even born.  We are born into an oppressive culture and society.  Str8 reveals the true character of their society.  We are burdened by our experience, 1) as a traumatic memory  2) also in the knowledge that in the end what people value most is obedient and compliant citizens who won't ever be a challenge to their established social system.  They want things to look pretty at all costs, even to the point of self(mass)-deception.   Society is sick.  Str8 is a symptom of the disease.  In a culture based on the oppressive notion that people should be exploited for profit most people can't afford to understand what happened to us in str8.

i was in str8, i know how it was.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Grr!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 11:21:00 AM »
Well, I'd just tell them "no". It wasn't worth it, it wasn't helpful. I understand why people might assume that, but it's just not the way it was.

Look, it's going to take a LOT of voices, a lot of people telling their stories. We're just now starting to get something like a normal, conversational response. People are asking non-rhetorical questions, actually wanting an answer. That's progress!

It takes a thousand voices.

Pray: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
--Ambrose Bierce

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Grr!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 10:42:00 PM »
In a culture based on the oppressive notion that people should be exploited for profit most people can't afford to understand what happened to us in str8.

I nominate this to be added to the quotes posted here.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Grr!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 12:15:00 AM »
I second that!
http://fornits.com/quotes.php?rno=768

It (the Bible) is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
Grr!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 12:46:00 AM »
On 2005-11-14 19:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

In a culture based on the oppressive notion that people should be exploited for profit most people can't afford to understand what happened to us in str8.

I nominate this to be added to the quotes posted here."

I like it it is accurate...sounds like something Dr. Trebach may say :smile:

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. ... All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.
--Hermann Goering, Luftwaffe commander, sentenced to death at Nuremberg

"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Grr!
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 07:39:00 AM »
Is there any place is this world where this is not true?