Author Topic: Day Zero  (Read 4492 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Day Zero
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2005, 12:14:00 PM »
On 2005-11-14 18:21:00, Anonymous wrote:

Another valuable talent. Quoting bumper stickers.  Is that on your resume?  "

That's original material, darlin. Someone put it on a bumper sticker? I'm honored!

We are a one party country. Half of them call themselves Democrats and the other half call themselves Republicans. All the good ideas come from the Libertarians.
--Hugh Downs

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline PerfectStraightling

• View Profile
Day Zero
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2005, 01:38:00 PM »
On 2005-11-14 22:00:00, Gah wrote:

"I was a misbehavor, I had got to 3rd phase at one time. I never finished the program and when I got home, It was hard for me to even go outside, I would ask my mom if I could go to the bathroom and I would like wait like I was waiting for her to come with me. I remember how scary the halls in school were when the bell would ring and kids everywhere. Today I have every window to this house covered. I keep my doors locked. My landlord leaves notes like "heard child inside" lolol I have issues!!!! I still dont feel like I am one of them, a person who is someone. I wish I had answers!"

I also ran away after making it to 3rd phase. Then somehow my dad decided I didn't have to go back and the next thing I knew I was enrolled in summer school in order to keep from failing the 11th grade. I felt so out of place. That was truly shockinng since I hadn't been able to gradually work my way back into society, I was just suddenly back in it. And it seemed alien to me.

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Day Zero
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2005, 03:15:00 PM »
There is no gradually workin' your way back into society.  At least not for me.  At least not yet.  

i copped out twice the minute i got to school.  i couldn't stand to be under str8s' control in the building and at host homes, let alone in public and at high school at that.  No way was i gonna submit like that.  As soon as i saw a friend i knew in the hall at school, i guess that would be a "druggie" friend to those in the program, i went to them for help, and got it, in the form of a ride somewhere safe to hide.  My friends never even stopped to think that they could get into trouble for helpin' me.  They were cool.

But you know the story...i was hunted and brought back.  And after another cop-out i finally had to go along with the program.  They(commonwealth of VA, my parents and Str8) were blackmailin' me with threats of jail time.

When i made 3rd phase again, this time with the help of a court order, i got out of goin' back to my regular high school again.  i went to adult Ed. instead.  It was a real small school.  It was an ol' elementery school which had been converted into a senior citizens daycare center(that was on the first floor), along with some of the school districts' administrtive offices.  The 2nd floor was where the adult education classes were.  i was psyched to be goin' there 'cuz it was like i had pulled some kind of a coup.  At the high school i had attended before, WT Woodson, there was all kind o' staff and phasers but at this little adult ed. joint, which was like all the punks and pregnant girls and refugees tryin' to pick up English, there were jus' a couple of cop-outs and a termination or somethin'.  A Clockwork Orange Chris was there.  i got away with all kinds of shit at that school.  i had a couple extra hours between classes which i never mentioned to anyone.  i filled out my permissions for school as if i had classes all day, but i scheduled my classes for first thing in the mornin' and late in the afternoon so i would have long breaks in the middle of the day.  It was the way the Adult Ed. system was organized that allowed me to use it to my advantage.  i would go for long walks every day between classes.  i would walk down to the public library and watch classic movies or i would go hang out in the woods or just walk around exploring McClean, VA.  Sometimes i would go to sleep in the woods or catch up on my sleep on the bleachers at the ballfield(i was so tired from all the str8 induced anxiety) There were no other phasers or staff at my school, so there was no-one to report my "misbehaviour".  

Well, i wanted to say that i still don' feel like i've been re-introduced to society.  bein' on the higher phases in str8 just made me feel even weirder when i was in public.  i'm sure there are a ton of interesting psychological positions/conditions which could arise from such a social state.  str8 alienated me even further from a society which, in my suspicion, i was already pulling away from.

It was always my fantasy that my parents would withdraw me before i had to go through that horrendous trauma of tremendous social humilliation which 3rd, 4th, and 5th phase were.  Having explored this now with you , i see how difficult it must have been for you too.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline PerfectStraightling

• View Profile
Day Zero
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »
I can't even imagine having to go back to your old HS and ignore all of your old friends. How horrible of a thing to have to do that and convince yourself that it is the right thing to do. I can see why that didn't go so well with you.

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
Day Zero
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »
I forget much of the processing me back into school that first day. The ONE thing I remember so clearly is I found my locker, and standing next to me was my Very best friend for the 4 years before. She was stunned to see, no one had known where I went. I just disapeared. She started talking to me asking me stuff, All I could mutter out to her was "I can't talk to you." WTF... I was out of Straight! Withdrawn or terminated! I never complied! And yet I said that to her, She looked so confused and walked away. It took me a few weeks to explain to her what had happened and why I would hurt her by saying that I couldn't talk to her. We did try to pick up our friendship, but I think I hurt her so deeply that day, we were never the same. She could tell so clearly I was no longer the person she knew. I was SO afraid they would send me back to Straight. I thought if I talked to old friends, that  teachers- anyone could be watching me and would tell my parents and then Send me back.  The fear of being sent back still haunts me today.

It's so weird how Straight forced us into thinking certian ways. They didn't help me one tiny bit, All Straight did was make me so afraid of being tortured and humilated and restrained in that building again, I was/am afraid to be socail with anyone old or new.. it takes a very long time for me to trust anyone or anything. It is hard for me to just be in a building...

I have been thinking (your shocked right??lol) The night they took me from group, it was like my body got up and walked to the car ,went on .... But some elusive part of me was left in that chair. I can still see that me sitting in that chair waiting to be rescued. Anyhow, What would it be like to physically manifest that scenerio again. What would it be like to walk into that same building and go to that chair and rescue myself. Could I actually walk into that room? What would that feel like. What memories would that bring and what kind of closure could it assist with? Does anyone know what the building is being used for? Is it still there? I make a point now to NEVER go to Springfield.

Long ago,  I did go back once.. It was the first thing I did when I got my car. I skipped school to go do it, the first day I ever skipped school. I went in and asked to see Leslie Murd3n. She was so nasty and appalled I would come there. I could see the fear in her eyes.. ALL I asked for was my records, Which she denied me and told me to leave the property or she would call the police. I was 17 and she denied me my own Records. She told me I  had no right to see any records of mine. They were the property of Straight Inc. ALl I wanted is some proof I was there, Something to make the horrible nightmare real. I look back now and see maybe I was going back to rescue that me still left in the chair. I never got that opportunity.

I wish we knew if our records really exist somewhere  :evil: I was denied a copy by Leslie Murd3n and feel I have a right to them!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Day Zero
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2005, 08:13:00 PM »
I'ma smack that bitch across the face next time I see her, for you.

ep

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Day Zero
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2005, 08:30:00 PM »
Oh, the records. Funny thing. When you or I or Sammie Monroe or any of us ask for them, they don't exist. But when Fox News publishes a scathing story about Sammie's ordeal in Straight, suddenly the phone rings and the voice on the other end has those records and, they say, that these records prove that Sammie never spent a night at the building.

I told Radley to ask them if they'd kindly forward my records to me. Never heard back.

The people's right to change what does not work is one of the greatest
principles in our system of government

--Richard M. Nixon

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
Day Zero
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2005, 09:23:00 PM »
The records thing is a big issue imo. We should have a right to them, I have asked, many have asked. I wanna know what the big secret is with the records and who has/had them. Where did they go? And why we are denied copies! Geesh

ty, ep :cool: [ This Message was edited by: Withdraw on 2005-11-15 18:36 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Day Zero
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2005, 10:16:00 PM »
As far as my understanding, and I may well be wrong on this, but they wer mostly destryed when the shit started to hit the fan.

Let us know if you do find any, especially from the Newton early 80s.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Day Zero
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2005, 10:52:00 PM »
Really? A lot of people say that, but I don't understand why. Look, the "records" were just whatever presumtuous bullshit some brainwashed teenager had to write in them. It's all nonsense. If anyone ever read my record and decided they didn't like me based on whatever's in it, I'd have to chalk up one more thing I gained from the Program; having saved me the trouble of dealing with another moron.

I suppose it would be interesting to know who did have those records and what idiot found them credible. I know there was one location where they litterally just left them laying around the warehouse after they (staff) ran away in the night. I think that's where Wes got a lot of his material. Can't remember which location it was, though. You'd have to ask them.

Creationists make it sound like a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
--Isaac Asimov, Russian-born American author

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Day Zero
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2005, 02:10:00 AM »
I'd like to see what Straight thought was relevent and what was entirely  left out. And if they did actually record any part of what was real or did they make up alot of stuff Just for the sake of "keeping records"

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Day Zero
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2005, 03:44:00 AM »
Thanks,JMA.  I can see how you got psychological whiplash.  What with the abruptness in the way you exited the ol' cult.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Day Zero
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2005, 09:44:00 AM »
On 2005-11-15 19:52:00, Antigen wrote:

"Really? A lot of people say that, but I don't understand why. Look, the "records" were just whatever presumtuous bullshit some brainwashed teenager had to write in them. It's all nonsense. If anyone ever read my record and decided they didn't like me based on whatever's in it, I'd have to chalk up one more thing I gained from the Program; having saved me the trouble of dealing with another moron.

I suppose it would be interesting to know who did have those records and what idiot found them credible. I know there was one location where they litterally just left them laying around the warehouse after they (staff) ran away in the night. I think that's where Wes got a lot of his material. Can't remember which location it was, though. You'd have to ask them.

Creationists make it sound like a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
--Isaac Asimov, Russian-born American author

"

I am fairly certain that everything at the Irving building was just left.  I dont know if a deadline was given, but the ax came down quick and with finality. The day before there was a group, and the day after there wasnt; very few kids were transfered to ATL and Orlando.  I will have to check with a friend of mine, but I recall that even the computer equipment and furniture was left, everything just abandoned.  I am thinking he went up there afterwards to survey the aftermath, but Ill have to ask.  He was a former staff member and was involved in several incidents where clients confided to him about being sexually abused by male staff, and interestingly enough these incidents were not what got the place shut down, even though one of them went to jail.  

I would assume that whatever was left was trashed by the people who owned the space.  I never caught wind of any executive ever even stepping foot back in that building once it was shut down.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Day Zero
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2005, 10:17:00 AM »
On 2005-11-15 23:10:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I'd like to see what Straight thought was relevent and what was entirely  left out. And if they did actually record any part of what was real or did they make up alot of stuff Just for the sake of "keeping records""

Well, if the 5th phase and pretraining obs books are any indication, it was just a lot of the same old tripe that went on in group; "I think Suzanne is having bad thoughts, her face looks hard." sort of bullshit. But I don't know. You'd have to ask someone who had access to client records.

The trouble with practical jokes is that very often they get elected.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0380768089/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Will Rogers, American humorist, political commentator and cowboy philosopher