Author Topic: Miller Newton supports Kidnapping?  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
Miller Newton supports Kidnapping?
« on: November 07, 2005, 01:34:00 PM »
A couple weeks ago I read the chapter about Straight in Trebach's book, The Great Drug War. Every word hit me pretty hard, but one part really fucked up my world.

regarding one 18 year old...."...her mother came to the door of the friend's house where she was hiding and told her emotionally that her brother would be terminated from the program if she did not return. her mother grabbed Arletha by the arm and started dragging her toward a car. Two adult men and a woman, all strangers to the young girl, joined in the violent kidnapping, which involved 30 minutes of battling, and then they forced her into the car and drove her back to Straight......After many hours of such harrassment, the young girl was taken to Dr. Newton's office. On this occasion, the Reagan White House endorsed expert told her that if she persisted in saying that she was being held against her will, "the state of Florida would take over and they would put my mother in jail for kidnapping."  :mad:  :mad:  :mad: [ This Message was edited by: Nonconformistlaw on 2005-11-07 19:09 ][ This Message was edited by:  on 2005-11-07 19:10 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 01:44:00 PM »
This person's ordeal is almost word for word what I was subjected to at the hands of Straight. It shocked me to see my own story right there in black and white. For years I thought my experience was unusual...but I know now it was standard operating procedure at Straight, Inc.

But the part that was new to me, was Miller Newton's own words. The bastard knew Straight could get away with kidnapping kids over 18 cause most kids would never want to send their parents to jail, therefore would likely never prosecute. That is exactly why I didnt press charges, as much as I hated my parents at that moment, I just couldn't send my dad to jail, cause even then, I knew Straight came up with the idea, not him. The police did tell me that they could prosucute without me, even if I didnt cooperate. This is word for word what Miller Newton said in 1982. Newton knew he was engaged in a criminal kidnapping conspiracy, but since parents were involved, he knew damn well he would never be held criminally accountable for his/Straight's role.

After reading this chapter, I was doubled over, as if someone had just kicked me in the gut, wailing, and other aweful sounds coming out of me that I have never heard before. I cant even begin to explain the pain I was in. I always knew it was wrong, I always knew Straight got away with kidnapping, I always knew that many people should have rotted in a jail cell.

But I never knew just how deep the kidnapping conspiracy ran. I never knew that those at the top supported kidnapping. I didnt realize how sinister their disregard for the law really was. Newton didn't give a shit how much harm he was causing to me, other kids, families.

FUCK YOU MILLER NEWTON!!!!!! MAY ALL YOUR REMAINING DAYS BE PURE HELL. THEN I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL AFTER A SLOW AGONIZING DEATH!!!!

TO THE STAFF THAT COACHED AND INSTRUCTED MY PARENTS HOW TO CARRY OUT KIDNAPPING....

I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN YOU EITHER AND I REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE. I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL RIGHT ALONG WITH MILLER NEWTON AND THE REST OF THE CRIMINALS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE STRAIGHT, INC. CONSPIARACY AGAINST CHILDREN.  :mad:  :mad:  :mad: [ This Message was edited by: nonconformistlaw on 2005-11-07 11:51 ]
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »
On 2005-11-07 10:44:00, Nonconformistlaw wrote

FUCK YOU MILLER NEWTON!!!!!! MAY ALL YOUR REMAINING DAYS BE PURE HELL. THEN I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL AFTER A SLOW AGONIZING DEATH!!!!

Yeah, Baby!  Feel the good hate flowing!  That's pride, that's self-esteem, that's all the things Straight tried to take from you, and it seems like you know where to direct the hate!

Miller Newton and his vile consort, Ruth Ann, were in the Child Abuse business for almost 20 years.  They are criminals who have gone unpunished.  Your hatred of them is understandable, natural, and healthy.

To forgive these evil assholes is out of the question, and an affront to your dignity and self-respect.  Of course we want them to suffer, they did it to us on a grand scale, and now we want the pleasure of watching them get what's coming to them.  If nothing else, they will know that they are hated and held in contempt and disgust.  Their families will be crying as I dance on their graves, smoking a fat spliff and doing pulls off of a bottle of booze.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 11:02:00 PM »
grow up. get a life.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 11:12:00 AM »
I posted this topic yesterday when I was really angry and full of hate because I had just woken up from a night full of nighmares. The night before I had also broken down and cried like a baby about the kidnapping. The anger and hate are still there of course, I'm just calmer today.

One nightmare was about being forced to go back into Straight after I was 18 against my will. The only good part about this dream was my defiance but it was still a nightmare nonetheless. I was told I wasnt being aware of my newcomers, I was questioned on the music I was listening to, I was being "gamey" with a guy, etc. The details kinda blow my mind now that I think about it.

Offline ex-prisoner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 04:49:00 PM »
Thanks, girl. That's for real, and everyone who has faced that PTSD stuff knows it is hard.

Offline Bird on a Wire

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 05:11:00 PM »
Nightmares suck ass. I have always struggled with them - my thought is that I am so insular in daily life that my fears and emotions attack me in the night!!! Anyway, I hear you, and in fact just had one last night myself. I was trapped back into hell somehow - strange that the "how" I got trapped again never comes into play - and they were trying to get me to realize that my current life, drinking etc is out of control.

I always get this feeling of despair in these nightmares because having had it happen to me once, I feel IN THE DREAM like losing my mind, screaming "will I never be free??? How did this happen again?" The dreams are strange, because in other kinds of dreams, I have some control over waking up - with these, I feel like I'm drowning and can't breathe, can't move, can't get 'them' to realize IT'S FUCKING OVER, already!!! Luckily, I usually start gasping for breath and struggling to wake up, and then my partner puts his hand on my back to let me know what's real... nightmares suck ass...  :evil:
Like a bird on a wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free.\"         -Leonard Cohen

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 12:55:00 PM »
On 2005-11-08 14:11:00, Bird on a Wire wrote:

"Nightmares suck ass. I have always struggled with them - my thought is that I am so insular in daily life that my fears and emotions attack me in the night!!! Anyway, I hear you, and in fact just had one last night myself. I was trapped back into hell somehow - strange that the "how" I got trapped again never comes into play - and they were trying to get me to realize that my current life, drinking etc is out of control.

I always get this feeling of despair in these nightmares because having had it happen to me once, I feel IN THE DREAM like losing my mind, screaming "will I never be free??? How did this happen again?" The dreams are strange, because in other kinds of dreams, I have some control over waking up - with these, I feel like I'm drowning and can't breathe, can't move, can't get 'them' to realize IT'S FUCKING OVER, already!!! Luckily, I usually start gasping for breath and struggling to wake up, and then my partner puts his hand on my back to let me know what's real... nightmares suck ass...  :evil:"

My Straight nightmares just started a couple months ago since I have allowed myself to start remembering the real Straight nightmare. Over the past 20 years I had none...I guess cause I really suppressed the memories big time, just to survive of course.

And yeah, I know what you mean about the very real feeling of despair in the nightmares. Its a very hopeless, desparate feeling, the feeling of not being in control and someone else being able to imprison me without doing a damn thing to deserve it. I also know what you mean about feeling as if you will never be free. It feels that way in the dreams and while awake. But while awake its unsettling when I have thoughts like "I want out of here, I'm in hell! Get me out"........as if its still really happening. Fortunately that rarely happens, but it does nonetheless.

I dont know if I'll ever rest easy...I will always fear kidnapping to imprison me for no reason, whether I'm asleep or awake.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 05:27:00 PM »
It's been 23 years now, I'm 41 and I supressed and denied it all so I could survive what happened there in 82. It HAPPENED and I can't make it go away, it's the monster in my mind.
  I finally understand....I got out but I'll never be free.