Author Topic: Requests for Information  (Read 3816 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Requests for Information
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2006, 08:28:00 PM »
On 2006-01-21 11:51:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Portia99

Member # 5026

posted December 28, 2005 04:12 PM

------------------------------------------

Hello everyone--we just found this site and are thrilled to know there is a commmunity of parents out there. Our 16 year old son just completed the SUWS program in North Carolina, and is headed to Hidden Lake Academy in 2 weeks.

We'd love to hear thoughts about Hidden Lake. We did visit the school, and were impressed with what we saw and heard, but it would be so helpful to hear other impressions or experiences.

Thanks in advance. http://www.strugglingteens.com/cgi-bin/ ... 1;t=000653

"

I am sorry that no one has really answered your question here.  This is a posting from another site about HLA.  Hope this helps...

Hello Everyone! Wow! Hello everyone! I guess I just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone. Hope all is well with all of you. I'm doing great at college and absolutely loving it so far. I also wanted to thank all of you for everything you did for me while I was at HLA. I know that I wouldn't be where I am now without your help. The things I experienced at HLA have shaped me into such a stronger and more confident individual today; I could honestly have never imagined being as happy as I am now. What can I say?! Things are GREAT! All of the hardwork and heartache really paid off in the end. Oh there's just so much I want to talk to you all about! Melissa and Jonathan, if either of you read this please repost and let me know how you are, or anyone else for that matter :smile: . I really miss all of you down there and plan on coming to visit as soon as I get the chance. That's all for now!
All my love and thanks,

Name left off for privacy reasons.  Here is the site if you would like to look it up for yourself.

http://p068.ezboard.com/bhladiscussionboards
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Requests for Information
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2006, 09:46:00 PM »
On 2006-01-21 14:31:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hidden Lake offers no referal fees to anyone.  Consultants that send kids to HLA only receive payment from the parents."

Well then! So long as YOUR account # never turns up on the processed check, then what's to worry about, right?

They're still completely unqualified to asses any kid, especially over the phone with a distraught parent. They get paid the same way Miss Cleo did till she got busted; by frightening you into opening up your wallet and turning over you children to people who, you know in your gut, are just not quite above board.

Theology: The effort to explain the unknowable in terms of the not worth knowing.
--H. L. Mencken, American publisher

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Requests for Information
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2006, 08:09:00 AM »
On 2006-01-21 17:28:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-01-21 11:51:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Portia99

Member # 5026

posted December 28, 2005 04:12 PM

------------------------------------------

Hello everyone--we just found this site and are thrilled to know there is a commmunity of parents out there. Our 16 year old son just completed the SUWS program in North Carolina, and is headed to Hidden Lake Academy in 2 weeks.

We'd love to hear thoughts about Hidden Lake. We did visit the school, and were impressed with what we saw and heard, but it would be so helpful to hear other impressions or experiences.

Thanks in advance. http://www.strugglingteens.com/cgi-bin/ ... 1;t=000653

"

I am sorry that no one has really answered your question here.  This is a posting from another site about HLA.  Hope this helps...

Hello Everyone! Wow! Hello everyone! I guess I just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone. Hope all is well with all of you. I'm doing great at college and absolutely loving it so far. I also wanted to thank all of you for everything you did for me while I was at HLA. I know that I wouldn't be where I am now without your help. The things I experienced at HLA have shaped me into such a stronger and more confident individual today; I could honestly have never imagined being as happy as I am now. What can I say?! Things are GREAT! All of the hardwork and heartache really paid off in the end. Oh there's just so much I want to talk to you all about! Melissa and Jonathan, if either of you read this please repost and let me know how you are, or anyone else for that matter :smile: . I really miss all of you down there and plan on coming to visit as soon as I get the chance. That's all for now!

All my love and thanks,

Name left off for privacy reasons.  Here is the site if you would like to look it up for yourself.

http://p068.ezboard.com/bhladiscussionboards

"

Just keep in mind while reading that this BBS is HEAVILY CENSORED by Kathleen, HLA's marketing director.  Any comments that disagree with Kathleen's are immediately removed, without even an explanation of why, just "disappeared" totally.

If you read the top of their page, you'll see that the site is directed at parents who may be having difficulty committing to HLA.  They say that right up front.

Ask yourself:  Where in this great country of ours can you gather such a group of people and have NOT ONE SINGLE, SOLITARY CONTRADICTING OPINION EXPRESSED?  Answer:  discusshla.com.

Kathleen ("Little Stalin") is sure to keep homogeneity, even if it means she has no credibility, to keep fleecing desperate parents.  All she has to do is change history to comply with her views.  No problem there, just hit the "delete" key.

My suggestion is to keep their parasitic, money-sucking probosces out of your wallet.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Requests for Information
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2006, 09:44:00 AM »
You are right.  The type of conversation that goes on in this board is not allowed on the HLA board.  You can decide for yourself whether or not that is a good thing.

And as the previous poster put, HLA is very upfront as to the purpose of their board.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Requests for Information
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »
No, you mean "no dissenting views, no matter how eloquebtly or approriately stated, even when factual" are not allowed on HLA's board.

There's a huge difference there.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Requests for Information
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2006, 11:48:00 AM »
On 2006-01-22 06:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

"You are right.  The type of conversation that goes on in this board is not allowed on the HLA board.  You can decide for yourself whether or not that is a good thing.

And as the previous poster put, HLA is very upfront as to the purpose of their board."

YES, MARKETING TO PARENTS.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Requests for Information
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2006, 11:52:00 AM »
Better put, propoganda.