Author Topic: A General Question to Those With Children  (Read 4025 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
A General Question to Those With Children
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 04:33:00 PM »
On 2005-11-07 11:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

Is she to be respectful while questioning authority or if she doesn't agree with something or someone is she to simply defy?

For my kids? It depends on whether or not the person weilding the authority has earned it.

Religion is all bunk.
--Thomas Edison, American inventor

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Psycho6

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2005, 05:23:00 PM »
Got three kids (8, 12, 15) and will answer their questions, even relating what I went through, if they ask. So far, has seemed to work. Biggest thing I have learned is that I don't hide things from them, let them make mistakes and learn from those mistakes, and be a part of their lives and what they do on a day to day basis.
t. Pete \'82,
Mayflower Group Springfield, VA \'83

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2005, 05:34:00 PM »
On 2005-11-07 11:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-11-07 11:24:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-11-07 10:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-11-07 10:04:00, starry-eyed pirate wrote:

"Yeah."

Seriously, do you express your views to them or are they too young still?  I'm not judging just curious."

some of each.  Once when my daughter, she's 10 now, and i were listening to some live Grand Funk RR, which is a real band, she asked me what he meant when Mark Farner made a reference to marijuana, and the oppressive use of the law against marijuana smokers. (in the song "Inside Looking Out") i explained to her that he was talkin' about how it's wrong to put people in jail for smokin' pot.  i explained to her that it's worse for you(for a million reasons) to eat at Mc Donalds  than it is to smoke pot.  The establishment is built on lies and i do try to convey this to my daughter.  But i try to be very careful and only give her what she can handle.  i try to show her the contexts of the religious symbols, show her the different views.  But i don' want to confuse her, i jus' want her to be able to see the wide patterns in life.

i have suggested to her that she question authority.  Ask yourself:  What are their motives ??   :smile: "

Is she to be respectful while questioning authority or if she doesn't agree with something or someone is she to simply defy?"

Well that's pretty much up to her.  i hope that she treats all people with dignity and respect, even those who are criminals and authorities.  i would counsel her to see the humanity in her enemy, even.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

dragonfly

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2005, 07:38:00 PM »
when i went inta straight i was a extremely depressed 14/15 yo and had allready been in 2 "mental" institutoins ,and also done a stint in a state school for boys.When aa says "hit bottom" I dont know what that maens. I do know that a cat has gotta do what you gotta do. I Myself am not dead not locked up etc... I ,in 1984 WANTED to stop putting my life(meaning all my $ up my arm/leg and  DID.Methodone is a joke. I would smack thye shit out of any one who blindly thought that was an answer.Help your self.!!!!!

P.S. datura stramonium will fuck up your soul.[ This Message was edited by: seamus on 2005-11-07 16:42 ]
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »
On 2005-11-07 12:44:00, Carmel wrote:

"But, contrary to some opinions expressed here, there are extremely dangerous drugs out there that even in experimental use can be deadly.  That's just a fact and, as you said, kids need to be aware of that and have the basic common sense to hopefully avoid those things.

Well, there are quite a few extremely dangerous things in life that can be deadly with only experimental use.  Example: Getting in your car and driving to the grocery store.

The reality is, there are 1001 LEGAL ways to get killed that dont involved altering your mind.  Dont make a special exception for drugs based on a lingering, programmed idea about them being extra dangerous, its propoganda.

There are guys in motocross who spend their lives experimenting with stunts that can be deadly.  You dont see society putting them in jail, you see them on ESPN.

Make sure your perspective is objective.

[ This Message was edited by: Carmel on 2005-11-07 12:44 ][ This Message was edited by: Carmel on 2005-11-07 12:45 ][ This Message was edited by: Carmel on 2005-11-07 12:46 ]"

Good perspective.  Thank you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2005, 09:22:00 AM »
Well, there are quite a few extremely dangerous things in life that can be deadly with only experimental use.  Example: Getting in your car and driving to the grocery store.

The reality is, there are 1001 LEGAL ways to get killed that dont involved altering your mind.  Dont make a special exception for drugs based on a lingering, programmed idea about them being extra dangerous, its propoganda.

There are guys in motocross who spend their lives experimenting with stunts that can be deadly.  You dont see society putting them in jail, you see them on ESPN.

Nice defelection.  That why we learn how to drive legally. If kids could see the damage drugs can do to you ahead of time, even experimentally, it may make them think twice.  The Len Bias reference was a good one.  That had a huge impact on alot of people.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2005, 09:38:00 AM »
Or, look at all the drunk homeless people who screwed their liver and their brain up with alkie-hol. Better they should smoke weed. To bad we sent them off to wars and wouldn't even let them have a little weed material for free when they got back to deal with the haunting memories, anxiety, grief, and for real physical pain of injuries.

Give a vet a joint today.  :smokin:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »
On 2005-11-07 12:44:00, Carmel wrote:

"
There are guys in motocross who spend their lives experimenting with stunts that can be deadly. You dont see society putting them in jail, you see them on ESPN.

Damnd straight, gal! If you OD on heroin, our society views it as a pittiable tragedy, no matter what you've accomplished in life. Smear yourself all over the inside of a Nascar racer for the thrill and enjoyment of the viewing audience and you're a hero.

Our society is just SO warped that way!

The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity.
--John Adams, U.S. President

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2005, 02:37:00 PM »
On 2005-11-08 06:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

Nice defelection. That why we learn how to drive legally. If kids could see the damage drugs can do to you ahead of time, even experimentally, it may make them think twice. The Len Bias reference was a good one. That had a huge impact on alot of people.

Deflection? Where? But, since you bring it up, don't you think kids ta' day would have a more realistic and comprehensive understanding of the relative dangers of drug use if we didn't have DARE cops and the Ad Council feeding the a steady diet of bullshit while discouraging honest, open communication within the family?

Tell ya' what. You take up sky diving and I'll keep my feet firmly on the ground and toke up each time you jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Who do you think will live longer?

As your attorney, it is my duty to inform you that it is not important that you understand what I'm doing or why you're paying me so much money.  What's important is that you continue to do so.
--Hunter S. Thompson's Samoan Attorney

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2005, 02:45:00 PM »
On 2005-11-08 11:37:00, Antigen wrote:

don't you think kids ta' day would have a more realistic and comprehensive understanding of the relative dangers of drug use if we didn't have DARE cops and the Ad Council feeding the a steady diet of bullshit while discouraging honest, open communication within the family?

"

Yeah, once they figure out you've lied to them about pot, they'll assume that your lying about other drugs that really are potentially dangerous. I did.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »
Yup, me too. I go to the Red Temple Cult for all the real info.  :smokin:  :wave:

Offline Rabbi Dopeman

• View Profile
    • http://erowid.org
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »
On 2005-11-08 13:21:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Yup, me too. I go to the Red Temple Cult for all the real info.  :smokin:  :wave: "

As well you should, young Druggie, as well you should!

Truly the best source of information not only on psychoactives themselves, but also on arcane and esoteric, often forbidden, occult knowledge that "enables" one to make the most of the experience.  Whether you're just outta "treatment" and lookin' for a fun way to relapse, or are seeking spiritual enlightenment, the RTC is your best bet.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2005, 06:18:00 PM »
On 2005-11-08 06:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Nice defelection.  That why we learn how to drive legally. If kids could see the damage drugs can do to you ahead of time, even experimentally, it may make them think twice.  The Len Bias reference was a good one.  That had a huge impact on alot of people."

Last time I checked, kids CAN see what drugs can do to them in the future.  DFAF and DARE take care of that.  Pictures of horrific ODs and your friendly neighborhood recovering addict speaker can tell you all you need to know about the effects of even THINKING you may have inhaled.  

If anything the reality is far tamer than the propoganda BS available to every school child from sea to shining sea.

And learning to drive legally has just about zilch to do with whether or not driving is as risky as shooting dope.  Its might every so slightly compare to the practice of not using anyones elses needle, but thats about it.  It doesnt change the reality of danger in either situation.  Talk about deflection, Anon.

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2005, 06:22:00 PM »
That was me.  Sorry
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere