Author Topic: I miss Jimmuh!  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
I miss Jimmuh!
« on: November 03, 2005, 07:14:00 PM »
CNN LARRY KING LIVE

Interview with Former President Jimmy Carter

Aired November 2, 2005 - 21:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

LARRY KING, CNN HOST: Tonight a primetime exclusive with America's 39th President Jimmy Carter. He's taking on the religious right and will take your calls and we'll get into that CIA leak indictment, the new Supreme Court nominee and a lot more with former President Jimmy Carter next on LARRY KING LIVE.
He's been on this program many times and it's always a delight to welcome him, President Jimmy Carter, the 39th President of the United States. One year ago today the 43rd president was elected, so there's only been 43 in the history of this great country.

His new book is called "Our Endangered Values: America's Moral Crisis." There you see its cover. He's written many books, written fiction, written poetry, written children's books but here he gets into the political arena, why?

JIMMY CARTER, FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: Well, I've been very concerned, Larry, that some of the basic moral values of our country in the last few years have been profoundly and dramatically changed in an unprecedented way and I believe that this is the part not just from what Democrats or Republicans believe and it's not between just recent changes.

It means that the things that we are doing now with our government have never been done before in history and that includes the time of George Bush, Sr. It includes the time of Gerald Ford. It includes the time of Ronald Reagan and all the way back to Eisenhower.

And so these changes have really severely changed the basic attitude of our country, the basic policies of America's government and I believe this is something that is of great concern, not only to me but to many other people.

KING: You say morals of the country but doesn't the religious right, the religious far right, the evangelicals preach morals?

CARTER: Of course they do. A lot of people teach morals and I believe that everybody has their own standard of morals. One of the things that does concern me about recent developments is it does (INAUDIBLE) an unprecedented increase and a commitment to fundamentalism in the religious right and also within the government and that has been coming along for the last 20, 25 years.

Another change though is that for the first time in the history of our country since Thomas Jefferson said build a wall between church and state there has been a deliberate and overt, not secret melding of religion and politics or the church and state, which I believe is not only contrary to what our founding fathers intended and what everyone else has agreed to the last 230 years but also in my opinion as a Christian it's different from what I've been taught to believe in my religion.
More: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... kl.01.html

I do not believe in the immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it.
--Albert Einstein, German-born American physicist

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline tommyfromhyde1

• View Profile
I miss Jimmuh!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 01:52:00 PM »
Antigen, wasn't it Jimmy Earl and not Reagan who appointed Ian MacDonald drug czar?

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.  
-- Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
I miss Jimmuh!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 02:37:00 PM »
Uh, nope! http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/s ... 80488a.htm

It takes a village idiot to believe that a family needs instruction from the government to raise a child.
-- Anonymous homeschooler

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I miss Jimmuh!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »
OK I messed up. I was thinking of Lee Dogoloff. He was appointed after a scandal involving Carter staffers, including his first drug czar, allegedly snorted coke.

Offline tommyfromhyde1

• View Profile
I miss Jimmuh!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 02:15:00 PM »
oops forgot to log in.

Faith is a cop-out. It is intellectual bankruptcy. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by faith, then you are conceding that it can't be taken on its own merits.
--Dan Barker, author and former evangelist

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
I miss Jimmuh!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 06:50:00 PM »
On 2005-11-11 11:14:00, Anonymous wrote:

"OK I messed up. I was thinking of Lee Dogoloff. He was appointed after a scandal involving Carter staffers, including his first drug czar, allegedly snorted coke."

Oh, there's an interesting story there too LOL! an interesting story.

Lee Dogoloff also has direct ties to Straight, Inc.

It sucks when decent, hardworking people get screwed over like that. Because that means pricks like us don?t stand a chance.

http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com' target='_new'>Jim S. watching the devastation of the recent tsunami on the television at JR?s