Author Topic: Happiness Hills - home for girls  (Read 24217 times)

Offline Rosiecole

• View Profile
Happiness Hills - home for girls
« on: November 03, 2005, 08:55:00 PM »
Hello everyone,
I am a survivor of HH, a spin off of the Rebekah.  When one of the homes in CC, Texas was closed 2 of roloff's followers the Palmers, Ray and Kay who worked for him moved the operation to Union, Mississippi.  The Palmer's daughter Cheryl was killed in the crash with Roloff.  I am seeking people who were in HH between 93 and 95, or any one who knows what we went through, with Licks, not getting your period for a year, the confinement, the cuffs to your bed, the thoughts of suicide, and homicide at the same time, the emotional torture, the supposed word of god being beaten into you, or fed to you forcibly, losing faith in everything, wanting to die, not speaking for months at a time, watching people go completely insane, Bible Memo for an hour a day in sync, jogging in place in 100 + weather in a skirt/dress for an hour, no contact with the outside world other than chapel, and church, being forced to keep your head down in shame daily, any of this sound familar.  These are some of the nightmares I have.  Holly, Angie, Amanda, Naomi, Carrie, Lacey, you guys are in my heart forever.  Not one day goes by I don't remember, especially Angie, Holly, and Amanda.  So many more girls I can't keep naming names on the internet.  Anyone who was in HH between 93 and 95 I hope you are okay.  This is M, from East Boston if that sounds familar.  write me anytime at [email protected]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 09:40:00 PM »
i was a rebekah girl of the 80's in corpus christi
i remember when the palmers lived on the farm and she worked in the kitchen, they were nice back then, maybe getting to be in charge of HH changed them and made them mean

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 11:33:00 PM »
happiness hills if you can call it that. sounds like it was run like rebekah. I hope you find your friends and peace in your heart.

Offline Rosiecole

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 04:09:00 PM »
Thanks, I do too.  Did you know their daughter Cheryl who died in the crash with roloff?

Offline Rosiecole

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »
We liked to call it sadness hell.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 04:23:00 PM »
My name is Amanda and I did go to happiness hills for only 3 months until I made the Plamers send me home. My time spent at happinees hills was hell i was forced to go there beyond my own will and hated every minute of the day...

Offline Rosiecole

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »
Amanda, when you were there?  I need to know if I know you.  Are you from Texas?  If so, please email me at [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 03:09:00 PM »
3 months!! Walk in the park. That would be kinda like summer bible camp. :roll:

Offline Rosiecole

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »
3 months there felt like 3 years.  They can do a lot to you in 3months.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 01:03:00 AM »
a few of us have a happiness hell survivor myspace, anyone is welcome
Johnna

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 01:09:00 AM »
I was in Happiness Hill from Aug.1st,1996-July22nd,1997. My first few months there were pure hell, but that wasn't the Palmers fault. It was an evil woman named Debbie Shore. She used to make new girls put their heads down going to church. We could not even look around while we were on the bus. She used to shave her chin on the bus. I thought that was so funny. She was sick all of the time. I heard she used to work with cancer patients and started taking morphine. She made my life miserable and I would love to tell her. She made up all these rules that the Palmers didn't know about. We could not even part our hair in the middle. We could not pull our socks all the way up. We could not say cool or dude. We had to say corny words like fluff instead of poot. She was the upstairs dorm mom. Ms Becky was the downstairs dorm mom. She was only 18. I actually loved her. She was really close to Jennifer Justice from Muscle Shoals Alabama. I would like to get in touch with some of the girls. There was a few of us girls that got together in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Does anyone remember the Dyes. I liked Bro. Dye, but Mrs. Dye reminded me of a snake in the grass. They had to leave for some reason. I forget why but the Palmers asked them to leave. I also remember Ms Paula Bischo from Texas. She was another downstairs dorm mom. I also loved her. She was really close to Tana Shank from Canton, Ohio. She used to give us chocolates sometimes even though we weren't allowed to have white sugar. She is a loving person. The Palmers were also loving people. I could tell they cared about us. Everything was fine when Debbie Shore left. My first room captain was Korean Tentenman. She was from Detroit. She also was very mean to me. There was another girl named Nikky Turner from Detroit. She also gave me a hard time. I was wondering if anyone was ever in the first room to the right when you go upstairs the top bunk . I was in that bed and had a dream that seemed so real. I have chills right now thinking about it. This old woman with a long skirt or dress was floating above me. She looked like a witch or something. She was looking straight at me. To this day, I don't know if it was real or not. I found out in 2003 that another girl who stayed in that room in the same bunk bed saw that same woman. I freaked out. This girl came to the home after I was already out. Her name is April. I forgot her last name, but she was from Alaska. She was a nice girl. I met her in 97 or 98 when I went back to visit. It was weird because I never tod anyone about my dream. Someone get back to me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2006, 01:15:00 AM »
Are u talking about Johnna Smith from Springfield, Missouri?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 01:04:00 AM »
Is this Johnna Smith? Were you in the home in 97?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 01:08:00 AM »
Are you the Amanda that got sent home because you were pregnant? why did you get sent home? I wish I would have known at that time what to do to get sent home.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 04:46:00 AM »
On 2006-04-28 22:09:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I was in Happiness Hill from Aug.1st,1996-July22nd,1997. My first few months there were pure hell, but that wasn't the Palmers fault. It was an evil woman named Debbie Shore. She used to make new girls put their heads down going to church. We could not even look around while we were on the bus. She used to shave her chin on the bus. I thought that was so funny. She was sick all of the time. I heard she used to work with cancer patients and started taking morphine. She made my life miserable and I would love to tell her. She made up all these rules that the Palmers didn't know about. We could not even part our hair in the middle. We could not pull our socks all the way up. We could not say cool or dude. We had to say corny words like fluff instead of poot. She was the upstairs dorm mom. Ms Becky was the downstairs dorm mom. She was only 18. I actually loved her. She was really close to Jennifer Justice from Muscle Shoals Alabama. I would like to get in touch with some of the girls. There was a few of us girls that got together in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Does anyone remember the Dyes. I liked Bro. Dye, but Mrs. Dye reminded me of a snake in the grass. They had to leave for some reason. I forget why but the Palmers asked them to leave. I also remember Ms Paula Bischo from Texas. She was another downstairs dorm mom. I also loved her. She was really close to Tana Shank from Canton, Ohio. She used to give us chocolates sometimes even though we weren't allowed to have white sugar. She is a loving person. The Palmers were also loving people. I could tell they cared about us. Everything was fine when Debbie Shore left. My first room captain was Korean Tentenman. She was from Detroit. She also was very mean to me. There was another girl named Nikky Turner from Detroit. She also gave me a hard time. I was wondering if anyone was ever in the first room to the right when you go upstairs the top bunk . I was in that bed and had a dream that seemed so real. I have chills right now thinking about it. This old woman with a long skirt or dress was floating above me. She looked like a witch or something. She was looking straight at me. To this day, I don't know if it was real or not. I found out in 2003 that another girl who stayed in that room in the same bunk bed saw that same woman. I freaked out. This girl came to the home after I was already out. Her name is April. I forgot her last name, but she was from Alaska. She was a nice girl. I met her in 97 or 98 when I went back to visit. It was weird because I never tod anyone about my dream. Someone get back to me."

so what else can you say about the Dyes? :???: