Author Topic: monkey house repost....  (Read 1194 times)

Offline teachback

• View Profile
monkey house repost....
« on: September 19, 2005, 09:56:00 PM »
---
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
monkey house repost....
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 11:44:00 PM »
Damn I thought I had bad moments as I started to "wake up"! Just reading it messed with my head a little! Sounds like that was one hell of a bad deprogramming memory for you.  :sad:

On 2005-09-18 09:19:00, dragonfly wrote:
"Something I think about is the way I unraveled in the years after straight. First there was the year and a half of doubting that I am an addict, agonizing that question to death.  Finally giving up on the question, but realizing for the first time that everything I had believed had been forced on me.  So it took me a couple years to even begin looking at the brainwashing of straight."
The unraveling/deprogramming reminded me a lot of the first few weeks of Straight's programming for me...in the sense of all the self doubt and confusion suddenly thrust upon me.

The confusion in my mind of incorrectly separating the "truth" from the "lies" while slowly becoming brainwashed led me to a false "happy" existence.

But after Straight, the confusion of trying separate the REAL truth from the programming lies seemed to take longer and led me down a long path of self destruction to run from the reality of the brainwashing lies. For me as I came unraveled I think I erected a kind of fortress by refusing to think much about the specifics of Straight to protect myself.

"I think that the unraveling I went through, alone with out support, was maybe more damaging than the actual time I spent inside. Or what I mean is, maybe the unraveling and deconstructing, completely in the dark, is a big part of why thought reform is so horrendous."

What you say here makes sense but for me...its a toss up which was worse. Of course right now feels like another period of damaging deprogramming, so maybe afterward is actually worse. Either way, the entire brainwashing & deprogramming process is terribly destructive.

After my dramatic post straight ordreal.... I spent most of my time suppressing those deprogramming realizations. I had many surreal moments at concerts or as a barfly, similar yet less dramatic than the one you described, where the truth just hit me at the oddest times and I would notice how screwed up my mind was compared to everyone I knew (deprogramming). I'm sure I promptly headed for the bar for another drink when those moments happened, just so I would feel more normal and less like a complete freak. I was unraveling and building a fortress at the same time..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
monkey house repost....
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 11:46:00 PM »
I find them terrifying.

dragonfly

monkey house repost....
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 05:26:00 AM »

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
monkey house repost....
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 06:15:00 AM »
Dig it!  its kinda like i asked and now i know.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
monkey house repost....
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 09:17:00 AM »
Shortly after Str8, I stumbled upon two "gentlemen" in the middle of of a rape in my high school. I stopped the assault, only to hear her scream that they'll get me worse.

I then entered my beloved Corps and found out what a human being is truly capable of : combat and compassion. I never left Str8; I use the memories as needed for detatcment.

As I've said before, I never stopped fighting.
I never will 'cause if I'm dead, than I can't
 help my loved ones and brothers in arms. Jason

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
monkey house repost....
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 09:55:00 AM »
above was MBer. Fucked up login. Won't let me edit. Fuck it, chain gun the village and crank up the Iron Maiden. Jason[ This Message was edited by: misbehaver on 2005-11-07 07:06 ]