Author Topic: The Dems need to kick it up a few notches  (Read 1135 times)

Offline SyN

• View Profile
The Dems need to kick it up a few notches
« on: October 29, 2005, 09:05:00 AM »
They really do.  If Kerry or Dean wants my vote in 08 or any one else, they need to start earning it with these newer issues.  I.E
Indictments

Record oil profits but still rising prices

Still no out plan for Iraq ( even condi said it be 10 more years, though i realize we are there forever its the 53rd state.)

The list doesnt really end and I dont hear much from Kerry or Dean, or many other senior senators.  And Clinton better not run in 08.  she is a great woman but she will not get elected
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
A word to the wise is infuriating.\"

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 11:14:00 AM »
I'm actually looking, waiting and hoping for local political and business leaders willing to buck the federal government on important issues like fuel crops, processing plants and such like. I know it'll be awhile (if ever) before we can create a reliable, local agricultural fuel trade.

But I'm hopeful. If the western states can give them the finger over something as controversial as medical marijuana, surely we heirs to the legacy of the Whiskey Rebellion can do the same wrt something as universally accepted and obvious as fuel autonomy.

The cultural hunger for a substance that lets you hold affordable conversations with God, watch walls melt, breathe colors, and explore your psyche remains unsated.
--Ryan Grim for Slate, April 1, 2004

Straight, Sarasota
   10/80 - 10/82
Apostate 10/82 -
Anonymity Anonymous
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline SyN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 01:39:00 PM »
I was Watching Fox this morning and they had Trent Lott on saying how he felt this presidency is the best to ever happen to America.  It amazes me how the Neo Con and all republicans can simply ignore the american people's voices and refuse to acknowledge the truth of the situation.  The truth being Bush is at 38-36% (depending on the poll) approval rating.  They (neo/ repub) just act like only their oppinions matter and their shit doesnt really stink.  Its a mock to all Americans.  I cant wait to see the 06 elections and how they turn out.
Even Bush cant get to much support from his own party due to them fearing the loss of their jobs, which most deserve to loose.  As of yet still no sign of kerry though.
Another guy to hate in the gop is my own gov Mitt Romney.  the guy cracks me up.  spends more time out of state then in, and bashes on MA when he is visiting states and thinking about running for prez.
A word to the wise is infuriating.\"