Author Topic: Whitmore Off to Lake Powell for "Feelings Retreat"  (Read 2186 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Whitmore Off to Lake Powell for "Feelings Retreat"
« on: October 07, 2005, 01:41:00 PM »
Understand the Sudweeks are taking the students to Lake Powell for an extended campout for a "Feelings Retreat."

Now, wasn't this campout at Lake Powell LAST October where the abuse against the student began? The same student that Cheryl Sudweeks has been CHARGED with abusing, and facing a criminal trial for this abuse?

Sudweeks just returned from Canada with these Whitmore "students," too.

Sure seems like a lot of time away from the "academics only boarding school" doesn't it?
Wonder how a "feelings retreat" fits into a full-blown academics-ONLY curriculum; for a SCHOOL that is OUT OF THE TEEN HELP BUSINESS?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 02:31:00 PM »
Oh NO! Who will be Cheryl Sudweeks's target at Lake Powell this year? And there always is a target for her abuse at these retreats. Poor, poor child.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »
Just curious, who pays for these trips?  The parents?  Is it part of their tuition or is it extra?

Second, do the kids have physicals before going on camping trips?  What about supervision?  Are there trained camp counselors that supervise the children and/or their activities?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 03:55:00 PM »
Trained camp counselors?  NO!!!
Supervised activities?    NO!!!

Lots of group group group!  Cheryl is in charge, OF COURSE!

Food: cereal, hot dogs, sandwhiches.

And don't forget: These kids wash paper plates in the Lake and re-use them!  Yes! They are required to do this!

Cheryl and Mark sleep on the house boat. Kids sleep in tents. UNLESS you are being punished, then you sleep outside on the ground, and it does get cold at Lake Powell in October.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 04:54:00 PM »
On 2005-10-07 12:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Trained camp counselors?  NO!!!

Supervised activities?    NO!!!

Lots of group group group!  Cheryl is in charge, OF COURSE!

Food: cereal, hot dogs, sandwhiches.

And don't forget: These kids wash paper plates in the Lake and re-use them!  Yes! They are required to do this!

Cheryl and Mark sleep on the house boat. Kids sleep in tents. UNLESS you are being punished, then you sleep outside on the ground, and it does get cold at Lake Powell in October."

No offense to the parents of these children, but I don't get it.  Why are they allowing their kids to travel like a band of gypsies to different camp sites when most kids are back in school, playing group sports, or working part-time?

:???:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 12:49:00 AM »
When i went to lake powell september -october of last year it was terrible. The weather was nice the first two or three days, then was really bad {thunder, lightening, really high winds and rain} and the girls and boys slept in tents while cheryl and her kids and grand kids slept on the house boat. It was all crazy. I personally felt that sleeping in tents in that weather was dangerous in itself. My tent had a huge rip down the side and pratically one whole side of my tent was open to the outside. I was afraid to sleep at night. Afraid of the wild animals that could've been lurking around... and the storm's high winds collapsed our tent pole many time. I asked Cheryl for another tent because our was just damaged too much to even stand up right. She said no and that we should have known better to pick such a tint. We washed pans and paper plates in the lake. The grossest part was that each tent of girls only had one roll of toilet paper to share and i guess the same went for the guys. No toilets or anything and we weren't allowed to go on the house boat, unless we had permission or group, or if a group was incharge of cleaning on the houseboat for that morning.
When joey arrived Cheryl went nuts on him. Nuts! Screaming and cursing her brains out. getting in his face and telling him it was the worst year of his life. I just remember looking at her and thinking she was really losing it and something in her head must've snapped.
Some parts of lake powell were fun like swimming in the lake and lying out in the sun but their was always a bad side to that slight glimmer of comfort.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 12:51:00 AM »
oh and i forgot to add that we bathed in the lake water.... dirty supposedly...which Cheryl said was not safe to drink because their were "little red bug" Sound a little off?  :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 03:17:00 AM »
Yes, Joey's arrival at Lake Powell was just the beginning to two months of torment and continually criminal abuse...and Cheryl Sudweeks dares to DENY that anything abusive ever happened to this boy. AND other students and adults actually back her her lies.

I do hope this student who is posting will call Mr. Eldridge, the proscecutor who is trying to hold Cheryl Sudweeks accountable for abusing this boy, AND THREE OTHER STUDENTS. You were there and did see what crazy, abusive behaviors this woman was and IS capable of. You better believe the kids who are still at Whitmore are t being subjected to these same bizzare behavorors.
The ole GROUPS must be wild with all the pressures of the upcoming trial and the civil case bearing down on her! Plus the enrollment is down from 43 kids when you were there, to only 14. And more are leaving every month!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 10:26:00 PM »
yeah don't worry cause I already have told the authorities everything they need to know, everything. I have written up a three page report on my experinces at the whitmore and have turned it in by their request.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 10:57:00 PM »
I know what you told the authorities was very helpful.  Thank you for taking the time.  I hope your life is going well.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 11:04:00 AM »
That is good that the authorities have your "three page report." So much for the Sudweeks and their stance about a "couple" of disgruntled parents! Sounds like a LOT more is going on that "disgruntled" parents from your posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 09:54:00 AM »
Whitmore kids who have posted here all seem to have horrific stories about happenings at this yearly Feelings Retreat at Lake Powell. It is worrying that the Suds have these kids away at this isolated location AGAIN!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2005, 04:17:00 PM »
Should be hearing "reports" about what happened at the "FEELINGS RETREAT." Hope nothing as bad as last year's for the kids's sake.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »
They're always back in time for "trick or treating." Maybe someone will report about the little happenings at Lake Powell.