Author Topic: Ghost Stories  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ghost Stories
« on: October 24, 2005, 06:40:00 PM »
We're fast approaching Halloween. I was just wondering if anyone has lived in a haunted house or had some supernatural phenomnea to relate? All in good fun.. it's the season, after all.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline idioteque

• View Profile
Ghost Stories
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 06:47:00 PM »
I lived in NH last fall, in an apartment building built during the 20s. We lived on the top floor and there was always a weird feeling whenever you were alone in there. One time I took a shower (no one else in the unit) and heard loud music mid-way through. When I got out, there was the CD player turned on (it was off completely, no neighbor could have hit it with their remote accidentally) and it was playing Tupac at a volume we would never have put it at.

Also, I went snooping down in the basement and felt real chills go up my spine. It was a creepy fucking place, no doubt, but still.. I found a room full of all sorts of "lost suitcases" belonging to residents who simply went off and left them. Mixed in with the boilers and lack of sunshine it was downright fucked up so I had to get out of there.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Ghost Stories
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 07:35:00 PM »
The man who shot and killed my first husband lived in an old plantation house. The place had a name - like the plantations all did, but I forget what it was.

Place was filled with all kinds of antiques - old books and tables and chares and beds and dressers. Some of the old dresser drawers were full of old silver coins, and some gold - and they had very deep drawers. The walls had civil war area photos hanging, and the photo albums were full of pictures from that area. And the house - it was full of ghosts.

I was told about a young slave boy who had pilfered some object and had his hand hacked off as a punishment. It was claimed the boy could be seen hiding under certain tables, and that his hand was sometimes seen hovering over items left on the tables.

There were Many accounts of odd happenings and sounds and so on that took place - but one story stood out in my mind.

One of the boys used to harass the ole gran ma. Tease her, and make fun of her, and just do all he could to vex her.

One night, the creek was up, as it often was after much rain. To get to the house, a person had to park the car or truck on the bank, and use a rope bridge to cross over, an walk on up to the house.

This vexing boy got home late that night, and finding the creek up, he did as he must, if he wanted to cross.

Once he got across the creek and started up the wooded bank, his gran ma came out from behind the trees, and started whaling away on him with a fallen branch, cursing him for the little shit he had for so long been.

Frightened and amazed (as the gran ma had for years been confined to a wheel chair) he ran into the house begging her to stop hitting him. . .

Once inside, and seeing the relatives gathered there, he asked " What on earth is wrong with Gran Ma? How'd she get out of her chair?" or something along those lines.

It was then that they told him, she'd been dead for hours. Her body was laid out in the parlor.

This was told to me by an eye witness - the man who later shot my husband. They had been best friends since child hood - first grade if I remember rightly. Anyway - thats a whole nuther subject.

Back to "ghosts"

My daughter lives in a tiny, little house, maybe 60 or so years old. She has some dude who looks to be a 50's greezer making occasional appearances. I wouldn't believe it, except there are numerous witnesses.

She is also troubled by a re-occurring dream, where she and this dude are in an old car - with a bench seat. She says they are driving down some road - somewhat like Hot Rod Haven - but she isn't sure what road it is. Anyway - it is narrow and winding with tall tress all along both sides, and she says she can feel herself slid across the seat as they take the curves. She says he tells her his name, but she is never able to remember it. She thinks if she could remember it, she might stop having the dream.

Now - heres the creepy part. She talks in her sleep. So, one day, as she was napping and gabbering, one of her friends put a micro recorder by her head - thinking to prove to her, she did indeed talk in her sleep.

When he played it back - you could hear a voice whispering - sounded just like whispering - tho you can't tell what it is saying. Then my daughter responds: I can smell your fires burning.

Don't ask me what it means - I have no clue! But it is creepy.

I have personally seen and heard many a strange thing - but never an actual "person" ghost.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Ghost Stories
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 07:56:00 PM »

Offline groovy1634

• View Profile
Ghost Stories
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 09:47:00 PM »
On 2005-10-24 15:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

"We're fast approaching Halloween. I was just wondering if anyone has lived in a haunted house or had some supernatural phenomnea to relate? All in good fun.. it's the season, after all."

I lived in a house that a doctor and his mother lived in....in an old house in Ft. Worth near TCU....anyways, weird electrical sjit went on, but it coukd have been because the house was so old...the house lay out looked like he had tried to run a Dr. practice out of the house....3 bedrooms and an attic apartment....there was some sort of creepy presence in the attic so I rarely went up there....the front hallway looked like a makeshift waiting room, and the two bedrooms in the front had sliding doors and two beds in each room.....I lived there for two months before i had to move...thank god!!! i never saw anything, but a stench would come over me that i could not describe.....i don't know for sure if that house was haunted, because it was so old, but it sure was creepy

:scared:
EOW  

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Ghost Stories
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 11:44:00 AM »
Well, the stench you speak of, as well as the electric problems are common symptoms of a haunting.
Also, very often, a sound like rodents in the walls or ceiling, scratching or gnawing.
Also, often times, banging or thumping in the walls or ceiling or under the floors - sometimes very loud - but always unmistakable as "not normal" house sounds.

All these things are very common symptoms - usually among the first noted. Things can get much, much worse; and it is probably a good thing you were able to move so soon - and that what ever it was, didn't decide to follow you.

Its easy for those who have never experienced a haunting to poo-poo these things. It is however, a "real" phenomenon that often follows very similar patterns.

Offline groovy1634

• View Profile
Ghost Stories
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »
whatever was there,whether normal or not, was very opressive and heavy....the stecnch was not constant, but it smelled of stale urine when it was present....never scared me TOO bad until shortly before i moved....the lady who was moving in brought a friend with her when she looked at the house, and she asked me if the house was haunted....i said that i didn't know, but she was quick to tell me that it was, but that it should be nothing to worry about....soon after moving, i had to return to the house to pick up some of the last months bills, and the lady that moved in said that her friend that was with her that day refused to ever return to the house...she was convinced that something really bad was there....i will never know, and i will never have to go there again....who knows

:wink:
EOW  

Offline mltr79

• View Profile
Ghost Stories
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 02:04:00 AM »
hello there
i had  gone a trip to a distant small town and i was sleeping with my friend
our 2 beds were 5 feet apart
suddenly in the middle of the night my bed just shifted close to his bed
i wa so scared that my friend and i did not sleep the entire night
we had our lights on and fled the town the next day

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ghost Stories
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 08:49:00 AM »
Ever been to the old mining town Gerome in AZ?  It's a half deserted old Victorian style town on a hill and there are inhabitants of the old mining town but they are creepy--zombies. Its weird because I know a few different who have passed through there--from business men to college kids--and they all said the same thing, there is something very creepy and otherworldly.  I don't know what scared me more, the haunted old inn, or the townsfolk. I swear not one of them cracked a smile and all moved like the dead in the Night of the Living Dead.  They also all had pentagram decals in their windows.  (Yeah I know there are alternate uses of the pentagram other than the one that makes Pat Robertson squirm.)

All I know is that I'm well traveled and this is the only place where I was rushing to get out by nightfall... Ironically, my Dad's old cronies who were doing off road tests around the area said the same thing--and they're tough guys.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Ghost Stories
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »
Oh now that is creepy!
Both the bed and the town stories - really majorily creepy. I think the town full of zombies with pentagrams in the window is the worst - that's just like something out of Stephen King. Maybe you should write a book? If only you had taken some photos! You'd make a mint.

I have also had such experiences with a bed moving. I used to tell myself it was the vibrations from the train going by that did it - but really, this wasn't the case.

I have an update on my daughter's 50's greezer ghost.

I asked the other day if she had seen him lately. She had told me a while back, that he hadn't been around in awhile.

She says to me, "No, but listen to this!"

She then proceeds to explain how there are several little boys on her block she plays soft ball with sometimes.

She tells me one of them stopped by the other day while she was out side and asked her who the dude sitting in her car every morning was.

She thought he must mean her friend who is around a lot - but the kid says No - not him - some other guy.

She asked for a description, and the kid describes the ghost.
 He says this guy is sitting either on, or in her car, in the mornings when he is walking to the buss stop.

Then the kid suggest, he might be a ghost - b/c one morning this guy was sitting on the top of the car- and so the kid walked over intending to tell him not to sit up there, as it is a convertible and will fall in - And as he got close the dude slid off and vanished.

I have no idea if its true - but I thought it was interesting.

Offline groovy1634

• View Profile
Ghost Stories
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 10:48:40 AM »
Trael Channel has good ghost hunt shows on Friday nights.....really cool
EOW