Author Topic: The melodramatic personal life thread  (Read 1943 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The melodramatic personal life thread
« on: October 12, 2005, 02:09:00 AM »
I listened to Depeche Mode all morning. Then I ate some fruit loops. Then I went out in the rain for a long walk down to the record store. I ran into my ex, literally. He dropped his groceries. I made him stutter again. I feel like Edward Scissorhands.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 06:02:00 PM »
:lol: Funny.

I've just been fucking around all day, worked out, ate some food and now have star trek TNG in the background while I browse the web. Been thinking about toking some bud, probably not though since I have to do shit tonight. Babysitting a puppy who managed to nip my face... I was surpsised I didn't get pissed at the puppy for biting- but hes so damn cute. Dogs rule.

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 09:19:00 PM »
GAWWWWWWWWWWD... I worked ALLL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!  I came home and had to feed the cat.  Now I'm checking the calendar for tomorrow, and really feel like slashing myself with a plastic knife.   :wink:
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 11:57:00 PM »
I had to take my dogs out for a couple of hours so there could be an open house. So I grabbed something to listen to and some weed, got them in the van and drove the mile or so down to Lake Roland. I parked, smoked up, got them out of the van and put their leashes on and started walking up the road toward the bridge that leads to one side of the park....

Then I saw it...and HEARD it! The waterfall! The waterfall that's really just a dam... Whhhhhhsssssshhhhhhhsshhhssshhhssshh... What a nice audio/visual thing to happen upon having just gotten buzzed! And the vast expanse there with the fall colors just beginning to come in..

So on across the bridge into the park. There were some dogs there that started playing with my dogs. One of them started drooling on Angus's dick...another male. Damn homo dogs, LOL. So since these other pooches were off of their leashes, I took Angus off his and let him run around too. So we walked on past where the other dogs were and there we were....just the three of us...lots of trees with chestnuts or something occasionally falling...some of them hitting so hard that I was glad that they didn't hit me on the head...another nice visual of some oak trees and those helicopter-like seed pods falling in the wind...it was windy, and almost seemed like it could rain, but it was holding back.

We walked all the way to the end of the path...to where the tracks linked one side of the lake to the other...I used to just walk along there to circle around....but not today, no way doing this now what with the Light Rail up and running using those tracks...had i been alone i would have, but not with the two dogs. We walked back, went over the bridge and walked up there the longer way. No problem -- the idea was to kill time anyway.

I've been visiting this lake ever since I was a kid...my dad used to take us up there from our house in the city to feed bread-crumbs to the carp...then later on I would go there to just walk around, once went there to swim -- there was this place with some rocks and a sort of cave...back in my early 20's I went there with some friends of my sister's that had become my friends..had a bigtime crush on this one girl..then like 5 years ago I went there with my wife & oldest daughter when she was just 3 or 4...I have lots of history there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 10:31:00 PM »
When Mr. Tambourine Man (The Byrds version) came on the AM oldies station, I picked up the guitar & began playing along with it, sticking mostly to the bass notes at first.. This made me wish and hope that the bass gets fixed soon so I can start playing some bass for the band if our bass player continues to not show up to practice. There were some ads on the AM station, so I flipped to the FM college station and before too long Master of Disaster (John Hiatt) came on so I played along with that one. There is some nice guitar playing in that song -- it's not all just strumming on the four chords, there's more to it than that. A little more, anyway...a sort of riff. Then I turned off the radio and played/sang this song by a band that I used to play in that's now broken up or whatever. What a great song! Then, for some reason, I started playing Shine On You Crazy Diamond: Part VI - IX by Pink Floyd...I'd never really played that one before but I've heard it enough times and figured out the chords by thinking about how it goes. After that, I jammed out on some of our own songs and an Urge Overkill song.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 12:59:00 PM »
In the Autumn of my 16th year, not long before I got put into Straight, my best friend & I were up most of the night...and we ended up taking this big cross made out of limestone offa the top of some tombstone. We both carried it back to my house for the mile that it took to get it there in the early morning light... He later picked it up from my garage at some point. That thing was pretty heavy, but it was cool!

I saw it again much later on (after I got out of straight) sitting in his apt., it now had a nice paintjob which he no doubt put on it...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 10:16:00 PM »
I drank a few beers and thought about my melodramatic life, too.  It was a cheap beer.  It tasted OK, not great, not bad.  I drank it, and another.  Then another couple more.  Then I smoked some pot.  It was good pot.  Then I watched TV.  Later, I got something to eat.  It tasted good, like food should.  A bit afterward, I smoked a cigarette, then some more pot.  Soon it was time for more beer.  I enjoyed it, and smoked pot yet again, before lighting another cigarette.  It was a good cigarette, tasting of smoke and providing nicotine.  I liked it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 12:21:00 AM »
Not too long after I finally decided to acquire my driver's license, I took a job out of a sort of desperation selling "pre-need" cemetery plots. I saw the hiring ad in the paper.

"What would you prefer? A ground burial? Lawn crypt? Mausoleum? Oh, you wanna be cremated, eh? Sure, we can do that.."

"You don't want to leave the burden of your arrangements on your loved ones, do you? Besides, you can save so much money for your family by getting things taken care of in advance.."

I sucked at it but in my defense, it's a pretty hard sell -- you could say that it's a sort of stiff proposition. :lol:

I sold a few plots, just a few, so I finally decided to give that up after I landed a job at Bill's Music House over in Catonsville, MD. Another sales position, but at least there was a base salary...Pre-need was straight commission...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 05:58:00 AM »
Got up and rolled a joint after tossing and turning for a couple of hours.  Stepped outside and lit it up.  The smoke spiralled toward the moon, hanging in the sky overhead.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 09:38:00 AM »
Speaking of rolling joints, I used to like to roll 'em and take a walk along side the stream that ran behind the old house. Me and my friends found this one secluded spot back in there that had a piece of carpet thrown down to sit on and that's where we liked to get high.

Paths and woods...the paths around that half-septic stream was where I liked to go ever since I was 9...before my family moved to the house that it runs behind. I first discovered it running under the bridge that's under University Pkwy. I would walk up and down that stream for miles. It's not far at all from where I am right now. There are memories all around here...it weird. I'm practically right down the street from the house that my mom moved to after I was in straight. A nice little neighborhood up there. Brick row-homes....a tight (but not too uptight) community.

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 11:10:00 PM »
I went to a friends house today. She was going to a guys house who is moving to Singapore,he was giving her some unique plants. I was nervous at first, becuase I didn't know him. But WOW... He had worked as a massage therapist for a Pro Football team, he traveled with them on a contract and made excellent money. The house he is selling is amazing, not only is it new agey designed to be in harmony with nature, but the outside was just absolutely beautiful. He has a ton of gardens designed for specific purposes. 1 was a large aroma-theraphy garden, with exotic plants from all over the world. Another was medicinal herbs, exotic and native species. He used as many native plants/trees to provide for the animals as he did  exotic plants purely for their beauty. My senses were alive, there were thousands of relaxing smells in the air. The property is on the water and he had special areas set up all over, for healing therapies or just meeting with friends. The gardens were also desined to attract as much wildlife as possible, providing food and shelter for the animals. It was  just beautiful.

I am excited because in the spring, my friend will be splitting the plants she recieved and passing some on to friends. The species are new, his partner is a Doctor of medicine, and also hobbies as a Botanist. The species of tropical plants were graphted and altered slightly to survive outside this Northern climate. What brilliant, beautiful minds to give this nurtured enviroment to nature and also share it  with other people.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2005, 10:06:00 AM »
Melodramatic? Or just pathetic?

Offline linchpin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2005, 07:54:00 AM »
On 2005-10-21 07:06:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Melodramatic? Or just pathetic?"

:lol:
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Toothfairy_TP/u100.gif[/img]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2005, 04:14:00 PM »
Gotta go, I hear the spirits of the dead moaning, looking for a body to jump into...OOOOOOOoooooOOOOOooooOOOOOOO~~~