Author Topic: mercer shitting his pants  (Read 9985 times)

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
mercer shitting his pants
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2005, 01:00:00 AM »
On 2005-10-23 18:30:00, BarnardlyB wrote:

"Hey Kat,

Actually that wasn't me....

Sorry.

I find it interesting everyone wants to point the finger at me when people have an over reaction.

Sorry but point elsewhere...

Feeling frustrated and hurt by you guys....just cause i support the school, doesn't give you all the the right to jump on me all the time and assume comments are made by me....

I gladly have and gladly will post my name with what I say.

"

Sorry, B, didn't mean to assume and didn't think that the reply seemed over-reactionary anyway.  I didn't even think about it- I guess I thought it just sounded like you... my bad
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2005, 03:18:00 PM »
Why jump all over Betsy? Kat did direct her response to "B" didn't she?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2005, 09:43:00 PM »
Just wanted to jump in and say I love the title of this topic. I bet he is!  :razz:

Offline BarnardlyB

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2005, 11:13:00 PM »
hahaha....
anon your soo funny...
good thing i don't have the same old responses i used to have huh???

yeah i check....every couple days.
And no it really wasn't me....like I said im more then happy to post my name. that part doesn't scare me...

("The POINT was Kat: don't over-reach and make statements that aren't completely valid, OK? Think we have all had enough of THAT.")

This comment actually suprized me cuase Kat you haven't said anything that wasn't true....esp since that was your experience and it truly did get worse..
I truly believe this debate and your feelings about the school, Kat, are the reasons we can't find many of the girls I personally went to school with.

are you sure youll be happy to have me??? seems to me your the one fighting with me on another forum...???

I am suprised no one has posted on myspace...since they all claim to love the school and support it full on. They even give Kerry a hard time.....just weird to me.
I don't think i can truly join your group and be against the school. But i can join the boat when it comes to regulation of boarding schools. It would be nice to have someone say that a noncertified therapist can not come in and make us do things physically that we don't want to do or even can't do. I remember girls with there asthma and not being able to breath but being told they were full of it and had to do the task at hand anyway.

[ This Message was edited by: BarnardlyB on 2005-10-24 20:16 ]
ou are you
I am I,
Two individuals dancing on our own two feet, & when were together...its beautiful

Offline katfish

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2005, 12:51:00 AM »
On 2005-10-24 20:13:00, BarnardlyB

I truly believe this debate and your feelings about the school, Kat, are the reasons we can't find many of the girls I personally went to school with.

Why do u think that?  I'm not the only one with these feelings...

But i can join the boat when it comes to regulation of boarding schools. It would be nice to have someone say that a noncertified therapist can not come in and make us do things physically that we don't want to do or even can't do. I remember girls with there asthma and not being able to breath but being told they were full of it and had to do the task at hand anyway.

Please do!!  Things like that aren't cool (asthma) and numerous other problematic aspects of MMS...B, no one is saying places like MMS don't have their place, but kids need to also not live in constant terror, or obligated to do labor/excersize in the name of therapy or when they have asthma, etc.  Those are areas that require extreme caution- I think places like MMS can work, if kids need it (care should be offered by the least restrictive methods possible to produce results) but w/o many of the components of MMS...like some the themes and ideas behind it were great, and done by the right people can probably work miracles, but when places like MMS hurt kids, even say.. 25% of the kids they are intended to treat, then we have a serious problem that needs to be addressed.  Something, in that instance, is not right, despite the fact that some kids may leave and be of the opinion that MMS truly saved their lives...
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline BarnardlyB

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2005, 12:57:00 AM »
"Why do u think that? I'm not the only one with these feelings..."

thats my point K, many girls i went to school with can't be found and I think it is because they don't agree with the method of MMS and feel as if they were abused and so forth.
Not saying its a bad thing

Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.
--Isaac Asimov, Russian-born American author

ou are you
I am I,
Two individuals dancing on our own two feet, & when were together...its beautiful

Offline BarnardlyB

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2005, 12:57:00 AM »
"Why do u think that? I'm not the only one with these feelings..."

thats my point K, many girls i went to school with can't be found and I think it is because they don't agree with the method of MMS and feel as if they were abused and so forth.
Not saying its a bad thing

I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.  I'm certainly not!  But I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!  
-- Monty Python

ou are you
I am I,

Offline katfish

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2005, 01:02:00 AM »
yea, I suspect the same too- esp. older girls.  There's one girl that I really wish I could get a hold of- Sam was her name...she was really made fun of and treated badly by both Mike and John- I really liked her...There are a good number of girls that I really think may not be with us anymore as well.
Margaret Mead

Offline katfish

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2005, 01:05:00 AM »
Hey B-

I just wanted to ask you one thing, I know u prolly went over this already- sorry if repetetive, but did you ever feel fear at MMS- fear about doing things wrong, about not being able to go home, etc?  And also, did you notice that to be different now?  

Sometimes it sounds like you didn't think fear was abig part of MMS, but truthfully I can't imagine that b/c I was so terrified while there...I just would like to think that maybe some of that element has died down b/c I really would never want any kid to have to live like that....
Margaret Mead

Offline BarnardlyB

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2005, 01:12:00 AM »
Hey Kat,

Yeah fear was huge!!!!
I actually still talk to alumni about it at times.
I didn't stop being scared of the school till I interned there. that was a good 4-5 years later.
For example, I have never been as stressed out or scared of having to pee in my life.
I remember it was my last summer and this girl had to pee she was crying. I asked for a break cuase I was the "leader" or whatever and girls were asking me to and when I did.....ohhhhh did i get it. I was in BBBBBIIIIIIGGGGGGGG trouble. Yet no one stood up or said....uh i asked her to ask you john, cuase I was to scared to ask myself.

I don't think the fear is such a huge factor now only becuase the girls are now watched by the secondary staff all the time and johns simply, as it seems, the school head.
Also girls have more freedom...
They are allowed to dress as they wish and I think even the food plan is 5 times less stricked cause the girls i noticed at the reunion were alot bigger than the I or the girls i went to school with were.

Two individuals dancing on our own two feet, & when were together...its beautiful[ This Message was edited by: BarnardlyB on 2005-10-24 22:13 ]
ou are you
I am I,

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »
Betsy,

I am the ANon that wrote sassy comments to you. I apoligize for pointing fingers at you. I guess I have not gotten to know you either I just tend to get a little carried away Us verses THEM I am surprised by your responce handling things marurely. Honestly I don't want to fight or argue with anyone I just want everyone to see my side of things because I am one of those girls who had hell at that school!
 It's hard to be in my position having girls not care about what the school did because "they've moved on", because "they believe mms is anything but harmful", because "they really don't care".I am most upset with those who wish to ignore the whole issue all together because that's  an example of how society is today. "If it's not my problem I am not going to bother with it". While were here chatting about mms now There is another generation being created.. where we will be the old folks and they will be the teenagers following after our foot steps. We need to fight for what is right. Are these type of schools going to increase here in the united states? or are going to help society find a better way to help these children?
I do also find it strange that you posted the comment on myspace and no one has responded.I know most of those girls and I would assume that they would jump on the subjedt as soon as you wrote it. But they will probably comment back and say "there's no need to argue". Argue, Talk whatever it takes to set things right. If they had their heart on that school they would do atleast that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2005, 12:00:00 AM »
Anon,
I was wondering if we went to school together???
What years did you attend.
Seems as if you know me but I don't know you. Please PM me and hopefully we can stop this battle, of sassy comments and the back and forth.
MMS was hard for me if not more so....youre right not to many people likes me till my third year and than I finally "got it".

Hoping we can find support for eachother, and yes i am sweet. Im not the Betsy you knew or know....im different now.

Please PM me and hopefully we can talk
B

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2006, 11:15:00 PM »
What is funny is that to make a class action thing get under way all you need is 25 people. The hard part is that the statute of limitation is waaay over. You can go with breach of contract, but your parents would have to file and you can go up to 8 year beyond statute of limitations. Dont know. I have mixed feelings. John Mercer should be shot, if it werent for the law I would kill him. But for the legal reasons behind it I wont do it. Everyone else was helpful.

Sincerely,

SM

Please check Kelly Matheson. She is now an attorney in Oregon. She taught at the school and left for ethical reasons

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2006, 11:26:00 PM »
Don't know you Betsy, but heard about you. I was there after you had left. I agree with what your saying. At the same time, you can always look at the fact that people assume anyone being completely honest is you. That is somewhat of a compliment. (I am not kissing your ass. I have read a lot of your posts and respect your opinion)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2006, 11:28:00 PM »
were you at MMS in 96ish?