Author Topic: I'm home now, and this is what I say  (Read 20605 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I'm home now, and this is what I say
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2005, 06:42:00 PM »
whitmore isnt even fucking accredited
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2005, 07:03:00 PM »
On 2005-10-20 14:58:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I think it is a great idea for kids to work at a pace that fits.  Many kids have dropped out and are behind and can use this as a way to catch up.  When someone is placed there and it's Oct. or November and hasn't done ANY school since the previous year, an online acredited program is a great solution.  Abeka and Keystone curriculum offers that kind of a program.  Students can complete what is typically 9 mos of study in four or five, or 12 to 18 mos.  Depends on the student."

Or they can just trott on down to the local library and check out a copy of the GED study guide then test out. Most states let a kid test out as soon as they turn 16.

Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a member of Congress.  But I repeat myself.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external-search?tag=circlofmiamithem&keyword=mark+twain&mode=books' target='_new'> Mark Twain

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »
On 2005-10-20 15:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"whitmore isnt even fucking accredited"
The town next to me lost their acceditation of their high school do to the town out growing the school.  (The school doesnt have enough square footage).  But the teachers are still qualified and the kids are learning, thats the important part.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2005, 08:39:00 PM »
The pointIS: the Sudweeks CLAIM that Whitmore Academy is an ACADEMICS ONLY BOARDING SCHOOL, and Mark Sudweeks declared to the Tribune Newspaper reporter that Whitmore is "out of the teen help business." Therefore--academics should be the ONE AND ONLY priority at Whitmore! Academic learning should be the ONLY thing taking place at ole Whitmore.

There should be no therapy... no little Cheryl-led marathon Group Sessions...JUST ACADEMIC LEARNING!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2005, 08:43:00 PM »
2nd POINT: Just what are these parents paying approximately $4,000 a month for their kid to be DOING at Whitmore if Academics is not a priority? SURELY not paying for any therapy. So, $4,000 per month should be paying for some heck of an education!

You'd think at those "tuition fees" there could be a few certified teachers throw into the mix too. NOT SO at Whitmore.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 08:11:00 PM »
These parents should have their kids at home, get them some good therapy, and since formal education doesn't seem to be a priority, do as Ginger suggests, and have them take the GED.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2005, 11:32:00 PM »
Whatever Nate is saying really makes little sense.

Offline Evan Sussman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2005, 04:15:00 AM »
On 2005-10-19 15:03:00, Gmom wrote:

"Evan, who wanted you to post on here?  By the way, di you received your diploma before you left?  The reason I am asking is most kids don't graduate at this time of year.  Boarding schools usually have a regular school year similar to public schools.  I would like to know how it works at Whitmore.

no, I did not get my diploma. i still have four credits before I can get it
Evan Sussman
Ex-Student of the Whitmore Academy

Offline Evan Sussman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2005, 04:20:00 AM »
On 2005-10-20 15:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"whitmore isnt even fucking accredited"

I keep seeing people write something of this sort. they are. here is proof. http://www.boisestate.edu/naas/documents/pdf/School.pdf
that is from the website of the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools. Most private schools in that area are accredited through them.(NAAS)

-Evan

p.s. look at the bottom under "W"
EDITED BY EVAN SUSSMAN[ This Message was edited by: Evan Sussman on 2005-10-24 01:20 ]
Evan Sussman

Offline Evan Sussman

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2005, 04:25:00 AM »
On 2005-10-20 17:43:00, Anonymous wrote:

"2nd POINT: Just what are these parents paying approximately $4,000 a month for their kid to be DOING at Whitmore if Academics is not a priority? SURELY not paying for any therapy. So, $4,000 per month should be paying for some heck of an education!

You'd think at those "tuition fees" there could be a few certified teachers throw into the mix too. NOT SO at Whitmore. "

just so you know, that is not an unreasonable price in comparison. Some boarding schools are upwards of fifty thousand a year. Wasatch Academy is around $32,000 a year, less but still in the same range. http://www.boardingschoolreview.com/sch ... ool_id/156

P.S. The Whitmore Academy does emply certified teachers. the science teacher is also employed at a local public school, as is the math teacher. the social studies and english teacher is also certified, but I don't think she is employed anywhere else, to my knowledge.[ This Message was edited by: Evan Sussman on 2005-10-24 01:27 ]
Evan Sussman

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2005, 06:58:00 AM »
NAAS is the same organization that "accredits" WWASP "schools". It has been proven to be completely bogus. All a school needs to do to get accreditation from NAAS is to pay them. Go read through the articles about what's been happening at Ivy Ridge-- another "school" accredited by NAAS. The state has proven that accreditation by NAAS isn't real accreditation, and now Ivy Ridge has to compensate all the kids whose education has been harmed by the phony accreditation scheme practiced by NAAS.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2005, 12:07:00 PM »
On 2005-10-24 03:58:00, Anonymous wrote:

"NAAS is the same organization that "accredits" WWASP "schools". It has been proven to be completely bogus. All a school needs to do to get accreditation from NAAS is to pay them. Go read through the articles about what's been happening at Ivy Ridge-- another "school" accredited by NAAS. The state has proven that accreditation by NAAS isn't real accreditation, and now Ivy Ridge has to compensate all the kids whose education has been harmed by the phony accreditation scheme practiced by NAAS. "
Thats why if I owned a school I wouldnt try to get accredited either unless the state forced me to or the parents started pulling their kids out.  You just never know, you jump thru hoops and put changes in place and pay an organization like NAAS to accredit you and look what happens, you get ripped off and the school has to pay off all the kids.  The school will have to raise their tuition for future kids to help offset their loss do to NAAS.  Sounds like they need better guide lines in that state

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2005, 01:16:00 PM »
Check with The Utah Office of Education. Whitmore accreditation is in the "candicacy" status." That is a far cry from being accredited as a private school.
Also, the status of whether or not Whitmore is actuallly an "academics only boarding school," is still being investigated.
Just re-naming thearapy does not work.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2005, 02:26:00 PM »
On 2005-10-24 09:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-10-24 03:58:00, Anonymous wrote:

"NAAS is the same organization that "accredits" WWASP "schools". It has been proven to be completely bogus. All a school needs to do to get accreditation from NAAS is to pay them. Go read through the articles about what's been happening at Ivy Ridge-- another "school" accredited by NAAS. The state has proven that accreditation by NAAS isn't real accreditation, and now Ivy Ridge has to compensate all the kids whose education has been harmed by the phony accreditation scheme practiced by NAAS. "

Thats why if I owned a school I wouldnt try to get accredited either unless the state forced me to or the parents started pulling their kids out.  You just never know, you jump thru hoops and put changes in place and pay an organization like NAAS to accredit you and look what happens, you get ripped off and the school has to pay off all the kids.  The school will have to raise their tuition for future kids to help offset their loss do to NAAS.  Sounds like they need better guide lines in that state"

Sounds a little more like that "school" should have researched the accreditation process. In WWASP's case, they know perfectly well what they're doing. They know no real accreditation board would accredit their "teach yourself out of a book" program. I believe it's the same for Whitmore, and many other teen warehousing facilities.

See, if Whitmore really wanted to offer a decent educational program for the kids, they would turn to a real regional accreditation board and research what they need to do in order to get their accreditation. But they didn't. Instead, they turned to NAAS, an organization that accredits anyone who can pay for it.

NAAS didn't rip off these "school". It was the "schools" that ripped off the parents by pretending they were accredited.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2005, 02:42:00 PM »
Yeah, and check the "STAFF" page of the Whitmore website.....
Cheryl Sudweeks(DANCE) and Mark Sudweeks (AVIATION) listed at "teachers."...NOT CERTIFIED TEACHERS.

Their daughters are listed as "teachers" and are NOT CERTIFIED TEACHERS: Trinity, Shayla, Laysea, and Darlene (Sudweeks claim they adopted her, but didn't).
Shayla and Darlene live in distant cities.

Then, of course, there's the Karate "teacher" BEN, and the "woodshop" teacher, VERNE.

Then there's Mark's elderly mother listed.

Didn't see any pictures, names of any Science, Math teachers!