Author Topic: I'm home now, and this is what I say  (Read 20593 times)

Offline Evan Sussman

• View Profile
I'm home now, and this is what I say
« on: October 18, 2005, 11:26:00 AM »
HI all, I don't really feel like putting much energy into this, but I did tell everyone that I'd write at least once when I got home. I'm here now, and my opinion of the Sudweeks, and the Whitmore Academy has not changed at all. I had absolutely no harm done to me, and no one else was harmed within the control of Cheryl. Sure, mabye one kid got pissed at another, and started a fight, but these were few, and stopped ASAP. Cheryl never ordered "beatings" or any of the sort. Also, I would personally like to know how everyone here gets such an up to date schedule of the Whitmore Academy's plans.

Anyway, nuff said

-Evan[ This Message was edited by: Evan Sussman on 2005-10-18 08:27 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Evan Sussman
Ex-Student of the Whitmore Academy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 12:10:00 PM »
Well, Evan when Cheryl Sudweeks reads your posting here, she will know that you followed her directions to a "T" won't she? Hope you will now be mailed your FAKE DIPLOMA for being such a good boy, and stating that you never saw any abuse at Cheryl Sudweeks's directions!

Good luck at home and with whatever future educational plans you may have.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 12:24:00 PM »
Evan, you were not aware of the abuse of Joey? You just forgot about Lake Powell last year? Don't "recall" any of THAT? Where were you while all THAT was taking place?
Guess you don't know about Matt and the stairs either?
Were you excused from the many many outrageous GROUPS led by Cheryl Sudweeks where students were humilated, and some got to hear the famous words, "Get him the fuck out of here?"
Suppose you weren't denied any meals at Whitmore, like many of the kids.  For sure: bet Cheryl never spit in YOUR FACE.
Guess all the "happenings at the Parents Weekend on Memorial Day" have just slipped your mind, too huh?  Mark wrestling a student to the ground,-- a Mom removing her child due the the "child being thrown down the stairs incident,"-- a student running away home to California---lots of drinking, and drugs taking place?  Forget all that?
So, from your perspective, Whitmore is just a "fine" place.
Cheryl should be proud of you.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 12:51:00 PM »
On 2005-10-18 09:24:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Evan, you were not aware of the abuse of Joey? You just forgot about Lake Powell last year? Don't "recall" any of THAT? Where were you while all THAT was taking place?

Guess you don't know about Matt and the stairs either?

Were you excused from the many many outrageous GROUPS led by Cheryl Sudweeks where students were humilated, and some got to hear the famous words, "Get him the fuck out of here?"

Suppose you weren't denied any meals at Whitmore, like many of the kids.  For sure: bet Cheryl never spit in YOUR FACE.

Guess all the "happenings at the Parents Weekend on Memorial Day" have just slipped your mind, too huh?  Mark wrestling a student to the ground,-- a Mom removing her child due the the "child being thrown down the stairs incident,"-- a student running away home to California---lots of drinking, and drugs taking place?  Forget all that?

So, from your perspective, Whitmore is just a "fine" place.

Cheryl should be proud of you."
Not everyone is a stepford kid programmed to hate everything and attack every post which conflicts with your opinion.  Try to step back and understand what they are saying and why they are saying it.  The only way we learn is to listen to others and their experiences, try to understand why they feel the way they do etc.  You can never grow if you limit your exposure to people who agree with you and shut everyone else out.
The person is not a threat, he is just posting his experience, why would you want him to lie, make-up and ugly story  or change the way he feels just to please YOU?  It doesnt make sense to me what you want.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 12:55:00 PM »
Anyone has the right to ask direct questions, when a person, ex-student or not, posts lies about what happened at Whitmore Academy.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 01:21:00 PM »
On 2005-10-18 09:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Anyone has the right to ask direct questions, when a person, ex-student or not, posts lies about what happened at Whitmore Academy."
I am the first to agree, that is what this is all about.  If a person is posting what they experienced or what they feel is correct, its not a lie, its reality. To say or expect anything else WOULD be a lie.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 12:36:00 PM »
Strange a child who leaves, "graduates" from Whitmore would have an obligation to post on fornits at least once. What's that about?

Offline Gmom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 06:03:00 PM »
Evan, who wanted you to post on here?  By the way, di you received your diploma before you left?  The reason I am asking is most kids don't graduate at this time of year.  Boarding schools usually have a regular school year similar to public schools.  I would like to know how it works at Whitmore.
On 2005-10-18 08:26:00, Evan Sussman wrote:

"HI all, I don't really feel like putting much energy into this, but I did tell everyone that I'd write at least once when I got home. I'm here now, and my opinion of the Sudweeks, and the Whitmore Academy has not changed at all. I had absolutely no harm done to me, and no one else was harmed within the control of Cheryl. Sure, mabye one kid got pissed at another, and started a fight, but these were few, and stopped ASAP. Cheryl never ordered "beatings" or any of the sort. Also, I would personally like to know how everyone here gets such an up to date schedule of the Whitmore Academy's plans.

Anyway, nuff said

-Evan[ This Message was edited by: Evan Sussman on 2005-10-18 08:27 ]"

Offline samoan_built

• View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/rejectotron3
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 11:23:00 PM »
evan its nate, stay up dude, dont let what these people say eat away at your resolve, you know whats true in your heart and you have to believe. im so glad that you didnt let the world and its corrupted views bring you down, and i dont care how "brainwashed" they say all this may sound, you cant let the man change your heart.
stay strong, stay up, one love
-nate
ua nei galo

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 12:48:00 AM »
What does "stay up" and "one love" mean????

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 12:49:00 AM »
What "man" might change Evan's heart?

What are you talking about, Nate?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 12:51:00 AM »
NATE: you going to "Parents Weekend and Graduation" celebration Nov 18-20th?  See you there?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 10:41:00 AM »
many boarding schools do not operate as public schools.  many operate like home schools, doing work thru out the the year including summer.  required credits can be earned by doing work at night, on weekends, at the speed the child is willing to work.  thus, allowing graduation at anytime of the year.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 03:21:00 PM »
Don't think that's how Whitmore explains its school schedule and "set up" to Ken Stettler, head of licensing of Utah. Not such a good idea to be presenting that sort of NON-STANDARD Academic Boarding School agenda, would you think?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2005, 05:58:00 PM »
I think it is a great idea for kids to work at a pace that fits.  Many kids have dropped out and are behind and can use this as a way to catch up.  When someone is placed there and it's Oct. or November and hasn't done ANY school since the previous year, an online acredited program is a great solution.  Abeka and Keystone curriculum offers that kind of a program.  Students can complete what is typically 9 mos of study in four or five, or 12 to 18 mos.  Depends on the student.