Author Topic: What is Jeff Berryman's Objectives and What is his connectio  (Read 4364 times)

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
What is Jeff Berryman's Objectives and What is his connectio
« on: October 17, 2005, 12:23:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Joyce Harris on 2006-03-31 18:44 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 01:11:00 PM »
Here's what I say - stop this before it goes any further. You people have done enough damage to others, why do you insist on continuing? I'm not a Jeff Berryman fan, I don't even know the guy. Neither do any of you, and I'm sure none of you have bothered to pick up the phone to find out his side of the story.

And about WWASP Rebuttal site - I'd watch it. Anyone who wants to can post on there, so it could be people with an agenda, could be WWASP, could be anyone. I would take everything on that site with a very tiny grain of salt. Like I said - anyone can post THEIR opinions on there.

I just think that the energy wasted on bashing others who are trying to help the kids is out of control on Fornits and I think it should stop. I know I'm not alone, many others feel the same way. Lots of people who would have otherwise been great contributors to this site have left because they are disgusted.

Think about putting that energy to actually helping the kids. Instead of sitting around posting on Fornits, trashing and bashing others, you put that energy to something good, like say, writing to you congressmen? Making fliers and passing them out, letting people know what's going on? Something, anything, instead of hurting others.

Get a grip, folks. Stop this before it starts and turns into another bashing session. Remember, the enemy, if you want to call them that, post here too and love to get things stirred up. You are all falling right into their trap, don't you see it?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »
On 2005-10-17 10:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
I just think that the energy wasted on bashing others who are trying to help the kids is out of control on Fornits and I think it should stop.

I don't think that posting Berryman's connection to PURE (an organization who makes money off of referring kids to programs, sometimes programs whose directors are CURRENTLY charged with 7 counts of abuse) is bashing him.  It's information and food for thought.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 01:23:00 PM »
Yes, it's bashing him just like you have bashed others on this site. It's a waste of time, a waste of energy, and none of you know him or have talked to him. It seems like you are all using others for you entertainment. I just say - STOP. Not just him, but anyone else involved in helping kids. You have no clue who this guy is, what he does, nothing. Nor do I. Until you do you should not waste your time and others making comments that, again, serve only to hurt people.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »
On 2005-10-17 10:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Yes, it's bashing him just like you have bashed others on this site. It's a waste of time, a waste of energy, and none of you know him or have talked to him. It seems like you are all using others for you entertainment. I just say - STOP. Not just him, but anyone else involved in helping kids. You have no clue who this guy is, what he does, nothing. Nor do I.

How the hell do you know who I've supposedly bashed or not bashed.  For that matter how do you know if I have or have not had a conversation with him????

Until you do you should not waste your time and others making comments that, again, serve only to hurt people. "

Quit trying to control what others say.  It only hurts your credibility.  :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »
Well, who IS Jeff Berryman, and what does his organization DO?
Some people do not even know who this person is, so there is NO bashing, just asking for information.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 02:08:00 PM »
On 2005-10-17 10:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Yes, it's bashing him just like you have bashed others on this site. It's a waste of time, a waste of energy, and none of you know him or have talked to him. It seems like you are all using others for you entertainment. I just say - STOP. Not just him, but anyone else involved in helping kids. You have no clue who this guy is, what he does, nothing. Nor do I. Until you do you should not waste your time and others making comments that, again, serve only to hurt people. "

Funny, That's What Betty Said

Faith, as well intentioned as it may be, must be built on facts, not fiction- faith in fiction is a damnable false hope.
--Thomas Edison, American inventor

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 02:09:00 PM »
Yeah, holding anyone responsible is *so* fucking "bashing" and useless man. Who gives a fuck that Sue sent kids to Whitmore after theyve been accused and then charged with child abuse and Sues basically been doing nothing but.... referring kids to programs using her daugthers abuse story as her sob story and trying to gain credibility because of it (funny how we never see or hear from her daugther or ANY of her kids, isn't it?) making some 200K a year sending... children off to programs!

Sues a harpy edcon, and either SO stubborn, or apathetic (or maybe manipulated by the Suds?) that she doesnt care that the damned Utah cops charged one of her program operators with abuse she continues to send kids there.

Joyce, THANK YOU for opening this thread!

Jeff - WTF man? Arent you supposed to be in this for the kids? Why not to think about Joey and Zita for a minute.

Sue - what the hell are you smoking? When UTAH cops go after people theres a good chance they just might be doing what they're accused of. If youre supposed to be helping kids why put them in danger? Oh, and btw...

Why not take your own kids out of some gulags long enough for us to hear from them about what happened to them? Cos its about them, the kids, NOT you, NOT any individual out to make a buck, get popular or get sympathy for what happened to her kid.  :roll:

All opinions and assumptions are hereby those of Niles? and do not express the views or opinions of fornits, the administrators of fornits, any poster at fornits, the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker, Lemmywinks, nor do they necessarily reflect reality. Rub a dub dub, 3 men in a tub have absolutely nothing to do with this either, but theyd be happy to take any summons to court, 'cos they're squeaky clean!

Religion is all bunk.
--Thomas Edison, American inventor

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »
Post URL: http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... rt=0#30521

Q. You have in fact, told parents that if they want adequate, non-abusive programs to go to Sue, haven't you?

A. Yes, I have.

Futher along...

Q. Tell me what investigation you've done of the programs that Sue Scheff uses between you first association with her on the Internet in 2001 and your conference in the summer of this year.

A. I have not investigated them.

Q. Then how can you make the statement that she steers parents to reputable programs?

A. On reasonable beleif. That's what she told me.

Q. You simply believed what she said?

A. Yes.

The depo goes on to talk about PURE programs, Red Rock and the two deaths that occured, Sorensen and the alleged rape by a staff member.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 02:24:00 PM »
OH, same ole story, I BELIEVED because Sue-said-so. And Sue alway tells the "truth." Right!

Whitmore Academy is not an "adequate, non-abusive program," no matter what Sue Scheff SAYS!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »
All I know is Berryman apparently needs a serious reality check b/c whatever his affiliation is with Sue Scheff and PURE (#1) it contradicts his credibility as a self-proclaimed children's rights activist and (#2) it brings into doubt what his real agenda might be in soliciting information from program parents and teens and/or offering to "put them in touch" with persons who can "help them".

:smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 02:57:00 PM »
IF Sue/PURE is still referring to Whitmore and IF, in fact she does not reveal that Cheryl Sudweeks is currently charged with 7 counts of child abuse to prospective clients/parents doesn't that constitute some kind of non-disclosure legal thingy?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »
How could self-proclaimed child rights activist Berryman condone this?  Why would these prospective clients not be entitled to this information?  What possible reason could Sue or Jeff have to continue this?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 03:07:00 PM »
What reason? Come on!  MONEY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$