Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Hyde Schools

QUALITY OF HYDES STAFF

(1/11) > >>

Anonymous:
09/29/2005 14:47:54      Subject: Re:Woodstock Sports      

mmurrell
 This is posted directly from the Hyde Message Board on Hyde's website.  Here is a long time staff member who doesn't know the difference between, "there" and "their."  Pretty elementary, right?  Point is, this is typical of the quality of Hyde's teachers!

As many posters have been saying,the Hyde education is not up to standards of most schools.

On the site, each team now has there on page. Check it out: http://www.hyde.edu/page.ww?name=Welcome§ion=Woodstock

Should be an interesting match up between Bath and Woodstock Varsity Football this year. Both teams are pretty strong.

Anonymous:
Some of the Hyde staff have solid academic credentials.  But, during the time our family has been affiliated with the school (we're in our third year) I've been amazed by some of the faculty members' self-disclosure about how poor their own academic records and performance were.  I understand the reasons for the self-disclosure: Consistent with the Hyde model the teachers are acknowledging their own past (and sometimes current) struggles.  What's sad is that the students end up being taught by some faculty whose academic skills are quite deficient.  In seminars I've been startled by examples of poor grammar that come from staff members' mouths.  I've read written communications from the school that are just plain embarrassing.  This is another example of the significant tradeoffs parents must be willing to accept if they enroll their kids at Hyde.

Troll Control:

--- Quote ---On 2005-10-15 06:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Some of the Hyde staff have solid academic credentials.  But, during the time our family has been affiliated with the school (we're in our third year) I've been amazed by some of the faculty members' self-disclosure about how poor their own academic records and performance were.  I understand the reasons for the self-disclosure: Consistent with the Hyde model the teachers are acknowledging their own past (and sometimes current) struggles.  What's sad is that the students end up being taught by some faculty whose academic skills are quite deficient.  In seminars I've been startled by examples of poor grammar that come from staff members' mouths.  I've read written communications from the school that are just plain embarrassing.  This is another example of the significant tradeoffs parents must be willing to accept if they enroll their kids at Hyde.  "

--- End quote ---
"Trade-offs"?  What the hell are you talking about?  To any NORMAL person, what you've stated would be the reason they PULLED their kid from Hyde.

"Boarding School" my ass.

Anonymous:

--- Quote ---On 2005-10-15 07:31:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:

"
--- Quote ---
On 2005-10-15 06:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Some of the Hyde staff have solid academic credentials.  But, during the time our family has been affiliated with the school (we're in our third year) I've been amazed by some of the faculty members' self-disclosure about how poor their own academic records and performance were.  I understand the reasons for the self-disclosure: Consistent with the Hyde model the teachers are acknowledging their own past (and sometimes current) struggles.  What's sad is that the students end up being taught by some faculty whose academic skills are quite deficient.  In seminars I've been startled by examples of poor grammar that come from staff members' mouths.  I've read written communications from the school that are just plain embarrassing.  This is another example of the significant tradeoffs parents must be willing to accept if they enroll their kids at Hyde.  "

--- End quote ---
"Trade-offs"?  What the hell are you talking about?  To any NORMAL person, what you've stated would be the reason they PULLED their kid from Hyde.

"Boarding School" my ass.
"

--- End quote ---

Sorry -- my wording was unclear.  I agree with you.  What I meant to convey was that any parent who decides to enroll their kid at Hyde should know that the kid will be exposed to this kind of incompetence. As you suggest, no one should be willing to accept this sort of situation.

Sancho:
Their are many measures to a persons credentials, one of which may or may not be spelling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version