Author Topic: oh, the scandals  (Read 3945 times)

Offline they call me \"defian

• View Profile
oh, the scandals
« on: October 14, 2005, 10:35:00 PM »
reading some stuff on this site makes me feel like im not the only one out there, and helps me confirm that my mother isnt a psychotic conspiracy theoroist. i unfortunately am still enrolled at KGS, a former CEDU/Brown school, that is, until it went bankrupt in march and got bought by universal health servies in july. but its still going by the CEDU emotional deterioration system. throughout my entire stay at KGS, excluding the first couple months where i was new and dewey eyed, hoping to be "fixed", i have been a questioner, and they didnt like that. as i stayed there longer, i saw past more and more bullshit that they threw us, and y'know what it got me? it got me a longer enrollment. ever since the day i was approached by a staff (about 3 weeks ago), saying they were doubling my stay there, they havnt given me ONE staight answer as to why i had to stay. thats when i REALLY started to see the light; and not the one they wanted me to see. i am appalled at how ive been worked like a little puppet in a corporate scandal, and im glad ive gotten that before i became truly brainwashed. over the past few months ive been fighting as their strongest student coucil member to change school policies and make the place better and more fit to what i truly felt people NEEDED. all i got was frustrated. nothing changed. i didnt understand that with how incredibly hard i worked, and with how much i put into changing the school, how nothing changed, and the harder i fought the more they disliked me. when i first got there, for the first 5 months or so, i was literally called their "model student". that was revoked, surprisingly when i confronted the program director about how i really saw the system, crying about how i felt used and manipulated and like i had been metaphorically suffocated. things got even worse when i announced my departure date, which would have been in 4 or so months. y'know that little workshop called "Truth and Trust", maybe something similar in other CEDU schools? well, at that point i was telling the truth, expressing myself, and trusting them. what a huge mistake. speaking of the workshops, they havent done ANYTHING for me. they reiterate fairy tale morals and unattainble perfections of life, with a little metallica playing in the background and some lit candles, expecting you to come out of there awestruck and reborn. what a miserable failed attempt at hypnosis for me. they have led me to believe that i am a conniving, manipulative, opportunistic defiant teenager, and i have felt guilty, but i now realize that they have done that so that i am easier to manage. does the pink floyd song 'another brick in the wall' come to mind? stripping someone of their passion, vigor, assertiveness and individuality does not make them "emotionally grown". what i have REALLY "gotten out of this experiance", is the wonderful opportunity to see how the worst "systems" really work, and how sometimes, you cannot trust people, and you have to work covertly and cunningly to get what you want/need. i have to say that KGS is the biggest hypocrite ive ever encountered. i could go on, explaining how my family (at least the ones with money...) were manipulated into seeing this school as god, and that i needed to stay longer as i got my spirit seeped away, how intricate and fucked up the system is there, how i am 18 and being scared into not signing out, and all the lies they have said and the 'behind closed doors' work they've done, but that would turn out a book. i will conclude this with  sincere sympathy to all of those who've had to endure "the system", and to let you know that at least the students at this one school are becoming more aware of this, and that there is true hope of leaving without being screwed over, with therapist bills to pay for years.
~kira, who's still trying to get out safe
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
uestioners get shit on

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
oh, the scandals
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 12:00:00 AM »
KGS? King George? I live like 30 minutes from there. I'll bust ya out if you want.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
oh, the scandals
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 01:07:00 AM »
Look, for an 18 year old you really hit the nail on the head.  It's GOOD to be a questioner.  That's why we've got brains! And if your gut feeling tells you this program is wrong, listen. I know I've always been a questioner, but I've also gone against my gut feeling more times than I can count. One good example is when I split CEDU, knowing it was one big mind fuck of an experience, but still trying to rationalize the whole thing. (Going against my gut.)  I've spent too much time trying to be the good girl, going against my gut, placating others, and questioning myself.  Don't make that same mistake.

If you are 18, sign yourself out, don't question your decision. Make an honest assessment or inventory of what your core issues are, and how to get the support necessary.  You wouldn't believe how many resources there are that most people don't avail themselves too.  From help graduating high school, getting into college or vocational school, getting emotional support, even joining the local Y to get healthy and feel strong... all of these programs offer financial aid.  If you can't stay with family, there are women's resource groups around the country to help you.

Keep learning, keep growing, but trust your gut, and don't let anyone hold you back.  The biggest mistake women make is not trusting themselves enough to act.

Good luck. You are a smart girl and I know one day people will benefit from your experiences.

--Shanlea

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
oh, the scandals
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 05:46:00 AM »
Waitaminute waitaminute waitaminute....

first I hear about Genesis in the dreams propheet.

Now I'm hearing about Metallica in the truth? Is that right? Metallica???

Jesus, man. Metallica was like, one of the most unacceptable bands you could even utter when I was at RMA. (Especially for me, since I was a metalhead.) and now they play it in propheets?

Either the schools have gotten really soft, or Metallica has.

Doesn't matter. Everything after Master of Puppets sucked anyway.

And what's this about keeping you longer if you don't get with the program? That's a new one on me, too. (Especially since the CEDU/RMA program was finite when I went there.) Initially, it was either you got with the program, or you got kicked out of the school.

But hey, you're 18, you can tell them to fuck themselves and get the hell out of there, right? What's stopping you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
oh, the scandals
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 09:51:00 AM »
Wow. Metallica? I remember we could only listen to Neil Diamond, early Whitney Houston, and some John Denver.

I don't remember "get with the program" or get kicked out. I remember they always said it was a privelege to be there. But it seemed like it was difficlt to get kicked out.  They just gave you full times and had your parents lie and say they would send you to the worst of the lock ups if you don't get your ass in gear.  The only time anyone got kicked out in my time was when 2 boys plotted to burn the place down; that was considered a safety issue.

Offline NivekOgre

• View Profile
    • http://www.skinnypuppy.com
oh, the scandals
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 02:20:00 PM »
I hate Metallica for that whole Napster thing. Skinny Puppy rules.
o What

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
oh, the scandals
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 10:21:00 PM »
On 2005-10-15 11:20:00, NivekOgre wrote:

"I hate Metallica for that whole Napster thing. Skinny Puppy rules."

So do I. But they hadn't done that yet when I was into them, since I liked them in the 80s. I think it's funny that they attributed their lagging CD sales to piracy when in reality it was most likely because their music just plain sucked. (I think they lost their edge when Burton died.)

I abandoned heavy metal for industrial in my college years, so I too, got very much into Skinny Puppy. I'm not sure which album of theirs is my favorite, though. Rabies is pretty sweet. So is Too Dark Park. But I'm also a big fan of that "Stairs and Flowers (too far gone)" song. (I think that was from Mind, the Perpetual Intercourse.)

"I keep falling down these damn stairs."  or something like that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
oh, the scandals
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 01:25:00 AM »
Man, when I was there starting in '00, you only wished you could get kicked out. That's why I would lie in my little top island, staring at the plywood ceiling, thinking 'this is fucking hopeless'. Basically, you either gave in to the program, faked it really well, or they would drop you peer groups. You would watch 3 months of your free life slip away between your hands as your peer group went through their brothers without you.

Kids still got kicked out. But they sure as fuck weren't going anywhere good. If they were 18 and fucked a minor, they got kicked out, hands down. But when they were 18, usually they didn't want to get kicked out. Usually they were damn close to their diploma and getting kicked out meant a lot more high school than they were willing to return to.

Or if you were less than a couple months from graduating, especially if you were already through your summit, they loved to kick you out.

But before that? Well, getting kicked out usually meant something worse. Like Provo, or maybe a little NIBH love, or some Tranquility Bay, perhaps a little juvy with that ribeye?

I wish it could've been like a prep school when I was there. Oh you're fuckin' around? Get the fuck out of here. And the next day I'd be home, smokin' a blunt with the homies, thinkin' "man, that was weird".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
oh, the scandals
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 01:28:00 AM »
And I do remember Metallica in the truth. But it was some shitty soft song. If Metallica hadn't already been ruined for me by the fact that they started to suck, it would've ruined Metallica for me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
oh, the scandals
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2005, 03:29:00 PM »
How long have you been there?  Is there anything good about the school?  Were you kicked out of your high school.  How are the other kids?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
oh, the scandals
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2005, 03:36:00 PM »
metalica sucks!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
oh, the scandals
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »
On 2005-10-21 12:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

"metalica sucks!"

Yes they do, but IRON MAIDEN and OZZY still fucking rock!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
oh, the scandals
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »
fuck iron maiden

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
oh, the scandals
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »
On 2005-10-21 14:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

"fuck iron maiden"

Yea they suck now but didn't use too.
First concert I ever went over 15 years ago.
Anthrax opened for them.

Fuckin' awesome!!

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
oh, the scandals
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2005, 08:34:00 AM »
On 2005-10-21 14:57:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-10-21 14:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

"fuck iron maiden"

Yea they suck now but didn't use too.

First concert I ever went over 15 years ago.

Anthrax opened for them.

Fuckin' awesome!!

"

I first saw Iron Maiden in concert in the late 80's, and I just saw them agan at Oz Fest this past August, and man, they didn't miss a beat! They still fucking Rock!

"Iron Maiden wants you for Dead!" ::rocker::