Author Topic: Grove School in Madison Ct. and Rancho Valmora in NM  (Read 818 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Grove School in Madison Ct. and Rancho Valmora in NM
« on: November 13, 2005, 11:51:00 PM »
Has anyone out there had any experience with either of these two therapeutic boarding schools. My 14 year old daughter has major issues with adoption and learning. She's done well at wilderness camp and I want to continue the work that is started. She needs to be in a setting that is structured and that is nurturing but provides the more intensive therapy than she has been getting in counseling. I'd love to hear from from students, staff members, parents, anyone who knows about eithr of these two schools. thanks, concerned parent,
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Grove School in Madison Ct. and Rancho Valmora in NM
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »
This seems rather an odd place to look for the answers you seek, but it does seem reasonable to take the absence of any earlier response as indication that there are not significant reports of abuse/mistreatment at either of the places.

Grove School and Rancho Valmora are quite different from each other.  A student quite appropriately enrolled at one of them is not so likely to be most appropriate at the other.

But ... your posting really didn't give enough reason to believe any residential school was needed.  Quite possibly a therapeutic day school near your home, or a regular after-school program with therapy would be the better choice.  Maybe more work for you as parent, but that's sort of your job.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »